• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phins054
    Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
    • Jul 2002

For Halbert...

I heard that you had a run in with a miami "fan" at Joe Robbie. First off...I do not know all of the details, but I think that J7 and Shelby are trust worthy enough to give all the facts. I you were punched for no reason other than being a Bills fan...I must tell you I am truly sorry that it happened. I wouldn't say I am totally shocked though. When I had season tickets to JRS in 94, I had been witness to a few brawls in the stands and much worse in the parking/tailgating lot. There are always a few drunks that have to ruin peoples experience. It got so bad that I stopped bringing my son to the games (who was 3 1/2 at the time).

I just want to appologize on behalf of the true fans that you got sucker punched and to let you know that no true Dolphins fan would act that way. I for one would not tolerate it and am embarrased that it happened.

Again appologies...
    Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Anybody see "Between the Lines" Sunday morning where that Eagle fan got the snot kicked out of him at Fed Ex field?

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Phins, you are awesome! If only you were a bills fan, we would love you even more LOL

I havent heard anything about this, but the fact that you took the initiative to apologize for something you did not do or were a party of, shows your character.

Thank you.

Comment

• Jaded 7
        Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
        • Jul 2002

That's very nice of you to apologize for all rude Dolphin fans, Phins. :) Honestly, while I wasn't paying much attention to the rest of our group in the second row, I can assure you, no one in our group was being obnoxious or rude. We were quiet and really kept to ourselves. I missed the hit, but I know Halbert wasn't doing anything to warrant it. The guy was a drunk idiot. He was the only one who was nasty to us. Everyone else either kept to themselves or was nice. I guess you've gotta figure in a crowd that big there's bound to be at least one @sshole. I guess we found him.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
        Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
        The only answer I found for all this hurt
        Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

classy, 054.

Halbert's not the type of guy to deserve being punched.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Word on the streets is that Log is.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
              Anybody see "Between the Lines" Sunday morning where that Eagle fan got the snot kicked out of him at Fed Ex field?
              I saw it too. Sick. That guy got more than the snot kicked out of him. He nearly got his brains kicked out.

There are nasty fans in every stadium...

I would have nailed the SOB though.

Comment

• Phins054
                Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
                • Jul 2002

I guess you've gotta figure in a crowd that big there's bound to be at least one @sshole. I guess we found him.

If theres only one, I would say you're lucky. I saw quite a few when I had my tickets. Like I said...it got so bad I just couldn't take my son to the games anymore. And that was the real shame, I just wanted him to be able to see Dan play, in person. You know the hokey spiel "I saw him play live" story. Thats something I really wanted for him and some obnoxious A-holes took that away. But I know it happens at a lot of places. The Brian Cox thing about getting pelted with batteries. NY Giants fans throwing loaded snowballs. Brows fan throwing a ****load of bottles onto the field...It seems like its everywhere. And its a shame...
                Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                  I'm Really 4 and Short
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Phins054
                  Brows fan throwing a ****load of bottles onto the field...It seems like its everywhere.
                  I know, they should've just thrown the bottles at the one ref. who made the call.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                    • Jul 2002

Hey Jaded,
                    You are right about almost everything, but he was not the only one. The tank-topped drunk sweat covered slob near me was just as bad. I spent more than a half on Wy's side of my seat trying to keep his obscenity, moisture emiting body off me. Yourself, Shelby and Hal's friend were the class of the section.
                    Our host, Justafan, demonstrated the most dignity by not responding to the ethnic slurr(s) that we all heard. What a show of class and restraint.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Yeah gameboy had it bad. He was right between a fat trailerpark pig (who made Jaba Dahut (sp?) look like Princess Leah)
                      and wys . lol. jk
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jaded 7
                        Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                        • Jul 2002

WOW! I guess I missed a lot, Gameboy. I was lucky that I was sitting on the very end of the row or sandwiched in between everyone. I'm also good at tuning a lot of things out. I'm sorry that you guys were stuck listening to all that nonsense. There are a lot of nasty, rude people around these days.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                        Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                        The only answer I found for all this hurt
                        Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

BTW Jaded the coward that hit Hal is in the pics you guys took. When you develop the film he'll be on it. Hal can pursue legal actions if he so wishes. We can get the names through ticket purchases and we have the pic.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Re: For Halbert...

Originally posted by Phins054
                            and to let you know that no true Dolphins fan would act that way.
                            That's true Phins, my friend Di is the nicest, friendliest, funniest person you'd ever meet. She just happens to be a fin fan!
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                              • Jul 2002

Way to take one for your team Halbert!

Kidding aside...........All stadiums have jerks in them. THe biggest problem is the alchohol. Makes people do things that they usually would not.

About 7 years ago a Miami Fan friend of mine was thrown into a dumpster by a bunch of drunk Bills fans. He swears it was only because he was dressed in Dolphin wear and I believe him. HE was not the type to egg people on. ONly a fool would be when you're outnumbered 100 to 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X