PDA

View Full Version : For Halbert...

Phins054
10-21-2002, 01:35 PM
I heard that you had a run in with a miami "fan" at Joe Robbie. First off...I do not know all of the details, but I think that J7 and Shelby are trust worthy enough to give all the facts. I you were punched for no reason other than being a Bills fan...I must tell you I am truly sorry that it happened. I wouldn't say I am totally shocked though. When I had season tickets to JRS in 94, I had been witness to a few brawls in the stands and much worse in the parking/tailgating lot. There are always a few drunks that have to ruin peoples experience. It got so bad that I stopped bringing my son to the games (who was 3 1/2 at the time).

I just want to appologize on behalf of the true fans that you got sucker punched and to let you know that no true Dolphins fan would act that way. I for one would not tolerate it and am embarrased that it happened.

Again appologies...

Earthquake Enyart
10-21-2002, 01:37 PM
Anybody see "Between the Lines" Sunday morning where that Eagle fan got the snot kicked out of him at Fed Ex field?

Pride
10-21-2002, 01:37 PM
Phins, you are awesome! If only you were a bills fan, we would love you even more LOL

I havent heard anything about this, but the fact that you took the initiative to apologize for something you did not do or were a party of, shows your character.

Thank you.

Valerie
10-21-2002, 01:40 PM
That's very nice of you to apologize for all rude Dolphin fans, Phins. :) Honestly, while I wasn't paying much attention to the rest of our group in the second row, I can assure you, no one in our group was being obnoxious or rude. We were quiet and really kept to ourselves. I missed the hit, but I know Halbert wasn't doing anything to warrant it. The guy was a drunk idiot. He was the only one who was nasty to us. Everyone else either kept to themselves or was nice. I guess you've gotta figure in a crowd that big there's bound to be at least one @sshole. I guess we found him.

lordofgun
10-21-2002, 01:42 PM
classy, 054. :D

Halbert's not the type of guy to deserve being punched.

casdhf
10-21-2002, 01:46 PM
Word on the streets is that Log is.

LtBillsFan66
10-21-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Anybody see "Between the Lines" Sunday morning where that Eagle fan got the snot kicked out of him at Fed Ex field?

I saw it too. Sick. That guy got more than the snot kicked out of him. He nearly got his brains kicked out.

There are nasty fans in every stadium...

I would have nailed the SOB though.

Phins054
10-21-2002, 01:51 PM
I guess you've gotta figure in a crowd that big there's bound to be at least one @sshole. I guess we found him.

If theres only one, I would say you're lucky. I saw quite a few when I had my tickets. Like I said...it got so bad I just couldn't take my son to the games anymore. And that was the real shame, I just wanted him to be able to see Dan play, in person. You know the hokey spiel "I saw him play live" story. Thats something I really wanted for him and some obnoxious A-holes took that away. But I know it happens at a lot of places. The Brian Cox thing about getting pelted with batteries. NY Giants fans throwing loaded snowballs. Brows fan throwing a *****load of bottles onto the field...It seems like its everywhere. And its a shame...:shakeno:

4thAndLong
10-21-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Phins054
Brows fan throwing a *****load of bottles onto the field...It seems like its everywhere.

I know, they should've just thrown the bottles at the one ref. who made the call.

Captain gameboy
10-21-2002, 01:58 PM
Hey Jaded,
You are right about almost everything, but he was not the only one. The tank-topped drunk sweat covered slob near me was just as bad. I spent more than a half on Wy's side of my seat trying to keep his obscenity, moisture emiting body off me. Yourself, Shelby and Hal's friend were the class of the section.
Our host, Justafan, demonstrated the most dignity by not responding to the ethnic slurr(s) that we all heard. What a show of class and restraint.

justasportsfan
10-21-2002, 02:04 PM
Yeah gameboy had it bad. He was right between a fat trailerpark pig (who made Jaba Dahut (sp?) look like Princess Leah)
and wys . lol. jk

Valerie
10-21-2002, 02:11 PM
WOW! I guess I missed a lot, Gameboy. I was lucky that I was sitting on the very end of the row or sandwiched in between everyone. I'm also good at tuning a lot of things out. I'm sorry that you guys were stuck listening to all that nonsense. There are a lot of nasty, rude people around these days.

justasportsfan
10-21-2002, 02:14 PM
BTW Jaded the coward that hit Hal is in the pics you guys took. When you develop the film he'll be on it. Hal can pursue legal actions if he so wishes. We can get the names through ticket purchases and we have the pic.

mybills
10-21-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Phins054
and to let you know that no true Dolphins fan would act that way.

That's true Phins, my friend Di is the nicest, friendliest, funniest person you'd ever meet. She just happens to be a fin fan! ;)

Novacane
10-21-2002, 02:58 PM
Way to take one for your team Halbert!

Kidding aside...........All stadiums have jerks in them. THe biggest problem is the alchohol. Makes people do things that they usually would not.

About 7 years ago a Miami Fan friend of mine was thrown into a dumpster by a bunch of drunk Bills fans. He swears it was only because he was dressed in Dolphin wear and I believe him. HE was not the type to egg people on. ONly a fool would be when you're outnumbered 100 to 1.

Phins054
10-21-2002, 03:45 PM
You make a good point about the alcohol. And the worst thing about that is not only do these people bring a keg and a half for tailgating, but then they buy more at the concession stands. But then again, I guess I would need to go into the stadium half blitzed already to pay 5 bucks for a cup of beer...:drool:

How do you know you have a drinking problem?!?

When you spend 10 bucks for those fake binoculars to smuggle alcohol into the stadium...:laughter:

WCoastFin
10-21-2002, 03:54 PM
Ya I apologize as well, I dont think anyone, no matter what team you like, deserves to get punched (unless your D.Bledsoe :D) ....but seriously This is a sport and thats what makes this whole thing fun, everybody has the right to like whatever team they like and not be harrased becuz of it....obviously the A-Hole that punched him had no class or respect ....finfan or not I do not tolerate such actions...again I apologize.

Sabre Ally
10-21-2002, 04:05 PM

I saw that.....that was really scary.

Halbert
10-22-2002, 02:16 AM
Check out my response in the Twilight Zone under “It’s all good baby” …

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. Thanks for the classy apology Phins. I always resist putting people like that into a “Bills fan” or “Dolphin fan” category because it’s really only circumstance that puts them in a particular jersey. Substitute one team name/colors for another and it’s exactly the same dynamic – it’s the type of world vies that mindset holds, not the team they cheer for.

With the response of Pro Player Stadium security, that’s exactly what they’re asking for. Imagine if I hadn’t been more aggressive and allowed something to happen. How long would it have taken them to address the situation? Something really ugly could have happened. I plan on making that point as clearly as I can. Just because it didn’t happen this time shouldn’t let them off the hook.

Originally posted by lordofgun
Halbert's not the type of guy to deserve being punched.

Catch me at a curling match and all bets are off!

Thanks, Log.

Originally posted by justasportsfan
BTW Jaded the coward that hit Hal is in the pics you guys took. When you develop the film he'll be on it. Hal can pursue legal actions if he so wishes. We can get the names through ticket purchases and we have the pic.

Wow, I completely forgot about that! I don’t want to press charges I just want to get the guy’s season tickets revoked. Believe me, I like to give people second, third, and forth chances but this guys was a complete out of control hot head. He needs to be removed from public situations like that. He was belligerent even when Wys and I were trying to be nice to him earlier. In hindsight I should have realized he had hostile intentions when he started coming toward me, but I just don’t think that way.

Whoever has that pic please make sure you get it in digital format, if you don’t already, and email it to me. I will forward it along to Pro Player Stadium security (and to others, if necessary) to make sure they can get an id on the guy.

Originally posted by BogusTrumper
Hey Halbert, I don't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything but what an experience, huh?

Yeah, I have to admit it really bothered me. Not because the guy hit me because that really wasn’t any big deal. What upset me was that I’m like the LAST guy that deserves it. Like I said before, I will NOT sit on my hands when I go to another stadium because I firmly believe it’s anybody’s right to cheer loudly for their team and to give the other team a reasonable level of grief, as long as they don’t involve the fans. IT’S FOOTBALL, for God’s sake! It’s entertainment – imagine throwing a punch at someone because they say Demi Moore deserves an Oscar and Tom Hanks is an overrated hack. It’s ridiculous when you look at it that way, and that’s exactly what it is. I’ve sat right next to Dolphans, Jet fans, and all types of fans in Rich/Ralph and had them scream all types of cheers and jeers as we got our asses kicked – and defended their rights to do it. Anybody who turns around and directs that sort of abuse at the FANS is asking for trouble, but as long as it’s directed at the product on the field then they should be perfectly safe. I don’t think that’s at all unreasonable and I strongly believe Ralph Wilson and his security would fully agree – as evidenced by the seriousness they approach their security with. Unfortunately, Miami doesn’t seem to have the same level of dedication. In any event, I nor anyone else in my situation deserves that result and I’m very glad that there were many people in the stands who agreed. Now I plan to make that point with Pro Player Stadium.

shelby
10-22-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by gameboy
Our host, Justafan, demonstrated the most dignity by not responding to the ethnic slurr(s) that we all heard. What a show of class and restraint.

i agree with you there, gameboy....i was ready to clock the :angry:er myself. It was a case of too much alcohol in the hot sun, and too many fried brain cells. Justafan did a great job of restraining himself.
Halbert, i hope you are ok...sorry you had to go through that. i am glad my son didn't notice what was going on.
Phins...:urock:....nice gesture.

don137
10-22-2002, 05:15 AM
That is really too bad...I believe you will find these kind of people in all stadiums. I talk to friends of mine who are fans of other teams and they hate going to the Ralph because there are always one or two fans that are jerks and forget it's just entertainment and do things or state things that crosses the line. I enjoy sitting near or with fans of the opposing teams and we have fun lighthearted jabbing during the game. It makes the game fun. My belief is who pay your money you deserve to root for whomever you want to.
The Ralph is making progress with security but it does suck constantly hearing how parents are apprehensive to take kids to a game because of a few jerks.

clumping platelets
10-22-2002, 08:47 AM
Is it a coincidence that the guy smacked Halbert while I was using the facilities? I think not.....he knew I would've kicked his @$$

:)

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2002, 09:15 AM
Demi Moore does deserve an Oscar. :punchu:

Captain gameboy
10-22-2002, 11:06 AM
Hal,
If you want to let it go, OK. If you don't, I'm down there at least 4 days/month and would be glad to do any calling that might help.
I think we all had a premonition something was going to happen. I'm just glad we all stayed eyes forward on the game and never baited them. As has been mentioned, there were attempts on our part to get along.
I truly hope that we are gracious hosts in our stadium. I would honestly rather be sucker smacked than be a part of a home crowd that abused visitors. That would be too embarrassing. It's just a damn game.

The Natrix
10-22-2002, 11:50 AM
I am mad that it happened. However, if it was a fin fan that got punched at the Ralph, I would LMAO

The Natrix
10-22-2002, 11:59 AM
....only if he deserved it.

When I was at the game in foxboro 2 seasons ago, I was so obnoxious. I can not believe I didn't get punched! The worst they did was pour hot chocolate all over my mini Bills flag.

WCoastFin
10-22-2002, 01:33 PM
They couldve been giving you the hint that they wanted you to melt away :D

WG
10-22-2002, 02:04 PM
The guy threatened me as well sitting there w/ my leg in a knee brace over the railing. Gameboy was gone by then, CP was out, and Halbert had already left leaving myself and Just as the only two guys. Gameboy was right that it was not just one guy. It was 4 of them in a group of 8 or 10 and the others didn't do anything at all to quell it.

I tried, all game long BTW, to simply talk football politely to them. After Halbert left to look for security and Gameboy had left the game to fly out, they threatened me even though I was sitting there quietly watching the game. They tried to incite me by saying that if we were in Buffalo and they were there that I'd be threatening them. I basically told them that was B.S. Halbert's girl yelled at the guy, who weighed like 350 and was a complete slob otherwise, and he then threatened her, myself, and Shelby who was sitting there w/ her son.

REAL nice people. That was the very first game I've ever left early for safety reasons. I was actually scared and I'm not small person. I was also trying to be friendly w/ them, as I do w/ ALL opposing fans home or away, on top of it all. The others followed after I left.

We had club level tickets, so we went downstairs to watch the remaining 6 minutes or so indoors.

Note to any fans: If you can't control yourself when you drink, it's quite simple; you shouldn't be drinking! There's abosolutely no excuse for any of that. If that had happened at Rich I would have told those slobs to shut up, Bills fans or not. Funny thing was that there wasn't a person under 250 in the group and they're threatening 1 guy, 1 guy w/ a kneebrace who hadn't moved all game, a girl w/ a child, and another girl!

Big balls there fellas!! The exact type that would wet their pants one-on-one!

Next time I go to Miami for a game, I'll be a little bit more prepared. It was a great experience up to that point however. I've just never seen such dickheads with people that hadn't done a single thing to incite them before.

don137
10-22-2002, 02:22 PM
I would definately write a letter to the Miami Dolphins with a picture of the people and the seats they were in. Tell them you have multiple witnesses to the verbal and physical abuse. Did security do anything about the incident? It is sad when you have t leave a game because you do not feel safe because of the fans.
It sounds like many fin fans handle there booze about as well as they handle there losses. They better get ready for lsing since they will be in cap jail very soon.

jdbillsfan
10-22-2002, 03:38 PM
I actually wasn't sitting too far from you guys. I didn't realize all that was happening, but I did see a Dolphin Fan throw a beer bottle over the upper deck railing down onto the lowel level, after the dolphins turned it over or something with about 6 minutes or so left in the game. Luckily the bottle landed on the steps and didn't hit anyone, but if it did, it would have caused serious damage.

I didn't actually see who did it, but security didn't seem to make too much of an effort to find out who did. Started to get a little scary.

The_Philster
10-22-2002, 05:09 PM
It's shameful that people have to ruin the experience of going to a game for others like that. We have those types all over unfortunately...even in section 122 at the Ralph....but our security crew in our section keeps a tighter lid on that stuff than most. Maybe we should start sending our security crew to other games besides ours?

justasportsfan
10-22-2002, 09:43 PM
The coward didn't accept when a bills fan challenged him. He sat down and couldn't face the bills fan. When a finfan from the upper rows told him Hal was calling the cops, he then started crawling away. That's when the bills fan called him a "*****" and told him to stay and not cowar off. That's when his idiotic friend asked me "how can you be Cuban and yet be a bills fan?" I then started laughing because I'm not cuban. I'm mexican.:tongue:

Seriously though, although he got a shot in ,he knows he chickened out when he was challenged. If Hal was as cute as Jaded , Monica and Shelby I'd hit him right away. But he isn't. lol.

Tatonka
10-22-2002, 11:28 PM
this is exactly why i have and prolly always will watch the games from the comfort of my own den, on my own 60" tv.. i can see the game.. i can cheer and scream.. i can fall asleep if i want.. doesnt matter.. only hostiles in the area are my wife if i smoke too close to the open window (i have to smoke outside, so i stand at the window so i can still hear and the smoke goes inside... wife has a nose like a bloodhound... she can smell it 4 closed doors away with 3 candles in between...rofl) or my dog if i ignore him when he has to go out.. haha

glad to hear your ok hal..

WG
10-23-2002, 05:38 AM
don,

I went out and told a cop, Dade county, :rolleyes:, that I was leaving the first football game of my life due to threats made to me. I was on crutches telling him this. He didn't seem to concerned but went in almost gratuitously as if only to appease me. Just said he came in there but didn't even ask around or do anything. I gave him the exact seat numbers and descriptions of the guys in question, but apparently he didn't care.

jd,

Yeah, I saw a beer bottle as well. The one I saw landed near the back of a girl, I'm not sure if it hit her. That was early in the 4th. It had beer in it. After that she and her bo got up and left.

The thing about this whole thing is that if I see some drunk Bills fans giving an opposing fan a hard time, I'm the very first one to stand up and tell them to let them watch that game in peace. That is assuming that the opposing fan didn't instigate it all. They want to enjoy the game just as we do and people get scared when things like that happen. It's a lot more reassuring when they know that they're not gonna get whooped up on by a thousand Bills fans simply b/c their opposing fans. I just wish more fans elsewhere were similar.

Earthquake Enyart
10-23-2002, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Halbert's girl yelled at the guy, who weighed like 350 and was a complete slob otherwise, and he then threatened her, myself, and Shelby who was sitting there w/ her son.

Halberts girl goes 350, and he got socked in the face? Talk about having a bad day...

Halbert
10-23-2002, 10:12 AM
Baby got BACK!

... and front, and sides, and ...

WG
10-23-2002, 11:37 AM
Actually I was being kind. She's actually tilting the scales at around 420, but w/o the boobs you're lookin' at around 350!

:D

shelby
10-23-2002, 06:05 PM
:lol:
Monica is a very pretty woman y'all....don't let these guys fool you. Halbert...what she sees in you, i'll never know!;)
:jk:

mchurchfie
10-23-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
It's shameful that people have to ruin the experience of going to a game for others like that. We have those types all over unfortunately...even in section 122 at the Ralph....but our security crew in our section keeps a tighter lid on that stuff than most. Maybe we should start sending our security crew to other games besides ours?

That's because you, Thurm, and The Helmet Guy are over there. I heard that they use the National Guard to watch that section:D:D

Typ0
10-23-2002, 06:56 PM
I tried, all game long BTW, to simply talk football politely to them.

I don't know WYS there's something about this statement that seems to equal Halbert getting punched in the head.

Typ0
10-23-2002, 07:01 PM
you really have to learn not to leave yourself open like that even the handicap are hard to resist.

mchurchfie
10-23-2002, 07:05 PM
:lol: Yes, the next time you might want to consider purchasing the "Mike Tyson Boxing Starter Head Gear W/matching mouthguard" and hope to hell that one of them Hilljacks don't try to bite your ear off:D

Typ0
10-23-2002, 07:07 PM
I can just see the drunk idiot thinking to himself he definataly isn't going to get away with punching out the handicapped guy so he'll take a shot at the skinny guy instead.

Valerie
10-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by jdbillsfan I actually wasn't sitting too far from you guys. I didn't realize all that was happening, but I did see a Dolphin Fan throw a beer bottle over the upper deck railing down onto the lowel level, after the dolphins turned it over or something with about 6 minutes or so left in the game. Luckily the bottle landed on the steps and didn't hit anyone, but if it did, it would have caused serious damage.

I didn't actually see who did it, but security didn't seem to make too much of an effort to find out who did. Started to get a little scary.
You should've told us you were there so we could've met up with you, JDBillsfan. :) Actually, I think that's what I was looking at when Halbert got hit. We were sitting in the first row and saw something go flying over the edge. I was looking to see where the bottle landed, to make sure no one was hurt.

It is a shame that a few idiots had to ruin the rest of the game for us. It was a pretty good day and most of the fans and people we met were very nice. But, there's always a few jerks in the crowd. And at least we handled ourselves properly and didn't add to things. Halbert and Justafan should be proud. :up:

The_Philster
10-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

That's because you, Thurm, and The Helmet Guy are over there. I heard that they use the National Guard to watch that section:D:D

Helmet Guy actually helped break up a few fights the last few years...one of the security guards bought him a couple of beers the next week. :up:

jdbillsfan
10-25-2002, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I was gonna come over and see you guys towards the end, but no one was there. Now I know why....