PDA

View Full Version : I'm losing faith in TD!!!!!

Nighthawk
04-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Why do you take the 4th best WR (Argueably) in a deep WR class when you can get the best pass rushing DE in the draft? TD is an arrogant and stupid a$$!!!! Don't get me wrong, I like Evans...but not over those players. Way too early for him to go...just a terrible pick in my eyes. Remember Troy Edwards...the fast WR that Pittsburgh needed a couple of years ago...that turned out well! TD is way overrated...

Novacane
04-24-2004, 01:54 PM
TD is an A-hole! What a reach! I like evans too.................late in the first round. Another nail in TDs coffin

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
TD is an A-hole! What a reach! I like evans too.................late in the first round. Another nail in TDs coffin

agreed...but then again, ill wait to see how evans plays before i hate the pick. right NOW, sure i do bc i think harris would have been better, but im not the professional

Devin
04-24-2004, 02:04 PM
well something must be wrong with Udeze he still isnt drafted.

Nighthawk
04-24-2004, 02:04 PM
I cannot stand how TD always seems to believe he is smarter than everybody else...as far as I know, he's never been proven correct. I'm officially on the "get TD the f*** out of here" bandwagon! He better have a plan to actually get the people we need to be better next year because this does not improve our team. Oh yeah, then he comes out in his press conference and says Evans doesn't have to contribute right away...are you freakin' kiddin' me?!?! First Mularkey, now this...it always seems he is trying to prove how much smarter he is than everybody else...it's making me sick!

BuffaloRanger
04-24-2004, 02:13 PM
It's not just a "wait and see how Evans does this year" issue.

It's a "see how Harris, Wilfork, Udeze, etc. end up doing"

What happens next season when the Bills can't sign Big Pat and Adams is too old?

Now TD needs to somehow get...
Grove in the 2nd, or if he's gone, a stud TE.
Lavalais, DT in the 3rd,
a project QB in the 4th.

What he'll do...
reach for a QB in 2nd.
Reach for a TE in the 4th
Select a LB in the 4rd (and say it was a good value pick)
and ignore the O-line again.

Billzz
04-24-2004, 02:43 PM
O-line wasn't ignored he filled a void thru FA. IMO a speed reciever was a greater need.

don137
04-24-2004, 02:56 PM
I too am not happy with the pick. I just don't see where this team is going. TD is not planning ahead. We have Pat, Schoebel and Jennings that are FA's next year and we need a QB of the future. Try and fill one of those positions!!!! With a draft so deep at WR why take one in the first round?
Since we did not get one of the top 3 why not get a instant impact player now to help as well as prepare for next year when they won't be able to sign Pat, Schoebel and Jennings...Very disappointing...

don137
04-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Wow...now we pick Losman. We are just going from bad to worse...Can the draft get any worse?

don137
Wow...now we pick Losman. We are just going from bad to worse...Can the draft get any worse?

don137
Wow...now we pick Losman. We are just going from bad to worse...Can the draft get any worse? Losman is probably the guy guy in the draft that I really dislike.

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by don137
I too am not happy with the pick. I just don't see where this team is going. TD is not planning ahead. We have Pat, Schoebel and Jennings that are FA's next year and we need a QB of the future. Try and fill one of those positions!!!! With a draft so deep at WR why take one in the first round?
Since we did not get one of the top 3 why not get a instant impact player now to help as well as prepare for next year when they won't be able to sign Pat, Schoebel and Jennings...Very disappointing... Looks like he planned ahead w/ the Losman pick.

HenryRules
04-24-2004, 03:41 PM
this draft is the perfect example of why NE wins championships and we don't make the playoffs.

HenryRules
04-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Billzz
O-line wasn't ignored he filled a void thru FA. IMO a speed reciever was a greater need.

OL has been a wash at FA. We cut RB and signed CV.

BFL0BLZ
04-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
I cannot stand how TD always seems to believe he is smarter than everybody else...as far as I know, he's never been proven correct. I'm officially on the "get TD the f*** out of here" bandwagon! He better have a plan to actually get the people we need to be better next year because this does not improve our team. Oh yeah, then he comes out in his press conference and says Evans doesn't have to contribute right away...are you freakin' kiddin' me?!?! First Mularkey, now this...it always seems he is trying to prove how much smarter he is than everybody else...it's making me sick! :cry:

I know what you mean...I'd rather have a GM that thinks he's dumber than anyone else:rolleyes:

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Why is it such a dumb move?

Maybe Mcnally thinks that we alreasy have enough talent on the OL that we don't need to draft one. You guys keep praising Gray for a good job, maybe he thinks Kelsay is ready.

We all were happy w/ reeds rookie year when he played a great no.3 and evens is supposed to be better than Price in College.

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 03:55 PM
this draft is the perfect example of why NE wins championships and we don't make the playoffs.

The reason why the Pats win the sb is because they have foresight. Dropping Drew for Brady is a future move and they were right. Evans, Moulds, reed could be the best wr corps.

HenryRules
04-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

The reason why the Pats win the sb is because they have foresight. Dropping Drew for Brady is a future move and they were right. Evans, Moulds, reed could be the best wr corps.

NE doesn't win the Super Bowl last year without Eugene Wilson or Dan Koppen.

NE wins Super Bowls because they always seem to draft for need positions without reaching.

We drafted a WR earlier than necessary this year and gave up a ton for a QB that won't play for 3 years.

On the other hand, NE got their starting RB for a mid-second and a starting DT with their 21 who many thought would be gone by #10 or so.

Plus, our record of re-signing our own FA's hasn't been great the last 3 years. If Moulds, Reed, and Evans are a great 1-3, who's to say they'll all be here.

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

We drafted a WR earlier than necessary this year and gave up a ton for a QB that won't play for 3 years.

Tell me, if Drew is done this year who is our qb for next year? Travis Brown? Draft an expensive FA like we did Drew?

The Pats are sb champs because of coaching as well.

You call it a reach? In a years time when Losman is ready, he will be more valuable than any 1st rd. pick we gave up for next year.

What qb in next years draft has better potential than Losman. If there is one will he be ready to start next year?

HenryRules
04-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Tell me, if Drew is done this year who is our qb for next year? Travis Brown? Draft an expensive FA like we did Drew?

The Pats are sb champs because of coaching as well.

You call it a reach? In a years time when Losman is ready, he will be more valuable than any 1st rd. pick we gave up for next year.

What qb in next years draft has better potential than Losman. If there is one will he be ready to start next year?

Yes, the Pats coaching is better than ours, but that's not the only difference either. They're also more talented and deeper at pretty much every position than we are and that has little to do with coaching.

Losman won't be ready next year. Losman is a 06 QB at best, so drafting Losman doesn't nothing to help us next year either.

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 04:16 PM

Yes, the Pats coaching is better than ours, but that's not the only difference either. They're also more talented and deeper at pretty much every position than we are and that has little to do with coaching.

Losman won't be ready next year. Losman is a 06 QB at best, so drafting Losman doesn't nothing to help us next year either. that' your opinion. At this point I'd take TD's words and our scouts who think Losman may be ready next year.

Sorry, we have better wr's and rb's than NE had last year. We just had idiot coaches. If MM is a good offensive mind, I'd say he was instrumental in taking Evans. I'm sure he had his input in the Losman pick up as well. If he can make Kordell and Maddox a probowler, I'm sure he knows what he's getting in Losman.

buffmaniac
04-24-2004, 04:20 PM
I knew people would go crazy. The draft is even over yet and people are saying its awful. It just makes me laugh.

I like Evans alot. He has great speed, great hands, and is very mature. This team needed some offensive weapons more than anything else.

I also like Losman. Great arm and great competitiveness. And he had alot of success without much help at Tulane. With a few years of development, Losman can only get better. We did give up alot for him with the 1st next year but if we have a good year then the pick will be in the late first round anyway.

I also think it is funny how everyone blames TD. Sure he is the GM but I am sure that everyone in the organization from the coaches to the scouts and of course Modrak all had a say in these picks.

We all just need to relax. In a few years, this draft could look very good. I mean I remember 2001 alot of people crying that we should of drafted Kenyatta Walker. Instead TD traded down and got Clements and Henry. Not too bad when you look at it now.

HenryRules
04-24-2004, 04:24 PM
that' your opinion. At this point I'd take TD's words and our scouts who think Losman may be ready next year.

Sorry, we have better wr's and rb's than NE had last year. We just had idiot coaches. If MM is a good offensive mind, I'd say he was instrumental in taking Evans. I'm sure he had his input in the Losman pick up as well. If he can make Kordell and Maddox a probowler, I'm sure he knows what he's getting in Losman.

First, I said "pretty much every position". Not every position.

Moulds is better than any receiver on NE, other than that, NE's WRs are better than ours.

Last year, they were better at:
QB
OL
WR (as a group - we had the best individual, their group on the field was better)
DE
CB
S
K

While I'd say we were better at:
LB
DT
P

(equal at RB since we had no one behind TH at all).

Add to that, NE has added potential pro bowlers at RB and LB this offseason (well, Colvin was added last year, but is healthy this year), and I still think they're more talented all over.

Philly Zoner
04-24-2004, 04:39 PM
that' your opinion. At this point I'd take TD's words and our scouts who think Losman may be ready next year.

amen....I'm getting bored of the naysayers already, TD isn't the only one in that office. Evans is probably the fastest receiver with as good hands as any (cept maybe Fitz). He's got a great work ethic, studies film, etc. and was a good pick for what we need, even if he went a little higher than some resident experts were expecting. Tell you what, if we didn't get him at 13, we wouldn't have gotten him, Woods, Jenkins, or Clayton. We would have ended up with a truly second tier reciever if we waited till rd 2 or 3.

And if we didn't pull a deal for Losman, we would have had a MUCH bigger project QB. Anyone out there honestly think Matt Schaub, Josh Harris, Cody Pickett, Jeff Smoker, etc. is going to be more ready to start next year than Losman??????

So lets all trust the front office a little on this one--we upgraded with Villarial (yes he's better than Brown) on the OL, and may yet grab a good O-lineman. also there are still some DTs left that we could grab in rd 3 or 4 that will be ready to start by '05--project gus like Matthias Askew that should have stayed for their senior year.

keep those fingers off the panic buttons, it aint over yet!!!!

LVGrown
04-24-2004, 05:52 PM
funny that all the announcers and so called "pros" thought it was a great move (on the radio anyway) hell even Takeo Spikes called in so he could talk to Losman, he is excited as anyone about Losman. Thank God some of you know it all's keep the 7-11 positions filled because ya'll are clueless about running a football team. So far so good as far as i am concerned!

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 07:21 PM
:monkey: TD

I'm done with him. He sucks. Hopefully he is gone after this year.

Cntrygal
04-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Philly Zoner
amen....I'm getting bored of the naysayers already, TD isn't the only one in that office. Evans is probably the fastest receiver with as good hands as any (cept maybe Fitz). He's got a great work ethic, studies film, etc. and was a good pick for what we need, even if he went a little higher than some resident experts were expecting. Tell you what, if we didn't get him at 13, we wouldn't have gotten him, Woods, Jenkins, or Clayton. We would have ended up with a truly second tier reciever if we waited till rd 2 or 3.

And if we didn't pull a deal for Losman, we would have had a MUCH bigger project QB. Anyone out there honestly think Matt Schaub, Josh Harris, Cody Pickett, Jeff Smoker, etc. is going to be more ready to start next year than Losman??????

So lets all trust the front office a little on this one--we upgraded with Villarial (yes he's better than Brown) on the OL, and may yet grab a good O-lineman. also there are still some DTs left that we could grab in rd 3 or 4 that will be ready to start by '05--project gus like Matthias Askew that should have stayed for their senior year.

keep those fingers off the panic buttons, it aint over yet!!!!

Originally posted by ShAgNSuRf 702
funny that all the announcers and so called "pros" thought it was a great move (on the radio anyway) hell even Takeo Spikes called in so he could talk to Losman, he is excited as anyone about Losman. Thank God some of you know it all's keep the 7-11 positions filled because ya'll are clueless about running a football team. So far so good as far as i am concerned!

:up:

HenryRules
04-25-2004, 01:35 AM
What record have TD's teams acheived over the past 5 years or so?

How does that compare to the rest of the league?

What sort of job does anyone have where that's considered a goodrecord?

toughluck
04-25-2004, 01:56 AM

It is a job that nobody on this board is qualified to have. These guys with these new coaches have not played a single down yet, and already people are saying that this draft is wasted, and that everyone in the front office sucks. Just like anything, time will tell, until then, ease up.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 02:34 AM

Good question. I'd like to know what TD did his first 4 years in Pittsburgh. We know what hes done here - nothing good except build a very good defense. which is what he did in Pitt. So I think it's safe to say he is a good judge of defensive talent (for the most part). However the jury is stll out on his offensive skills.

Frozen Tundran
04-26-2004, 05:37 AM
You are grossly mistaken, Lee Evans was no reach at #13, he'd have gone instantly to Tampa or SF if you'd have picked someone else.

Evans was skyrocketing up the draft boards, however out there in fantasy draftland they hadn't caught up to what was occuring behind the scenes.

The consensus rankings undervalued Lee Evans for three main reasons:

1. Undersized: Lee is only 5'10.7" while many scouts prefer 6'2" recievers

2. He had an ACL injury that required two surgeries, and when he came back initially it apperared to some he didn't have quite the same blazing quickness.

3. While recovering from the injury he was busted for marijuana possession.

Of these, the first is more of a scouts dream than a reality. Especially since the prominance of a small number of elite tall recievers, franchises are always looking to duplicate them. However, let's look at the facts:

Of the thirty recievers leading the league in recieving yards, the following are 6'0" or less:

Torry Holt 6.0
Derrick Mason 5.10
Marvin Harrison 6.0
Laveranues Coles 5.11
Hines Ward 6.0
Darrell Jackson 5.11
Steve Smith 5.9
Santana Moss 5.10
Issac Bruce 6.0
Chris Chambers 5.11
Rod Smith 6.0
Reggie Wayne 6.0
Peter Warrick 5.11
Peerless Price 5.11

There is little indication height is the dominant characteristic amongst successful NFL recievers.

Perhaps recievers with lesser skills need a few inches over the average 5'10" cornerback to compete in the NFL, but Lee Evans was the dominant prospect in a number of other quite important areas. He is the fastest and most agile reciever amongst the top candidates with by far the quickest legitimate 40 time, (4.33) and Ten Yard Dash. (1.51) His shuttle times indicate Lee is amongst the most--if not #1 period--agile of all top reciever candidates. Only Roy Williams and Woods could barely top his short shuttle time of 4.02 (no one else was even in the same area code) and no one beat his 6.74 three cone drill time. He's also by far and away the smartest; his 27 Wonderlic towers over his contemporaries, only Woods, (21) Jenkins, (20) and Colbert (21) could manage to crack a 20.

Lee Evans is no Combine Warrior either. He accomplished outrageous feats against top competition playing for a team with no other real offensive weapons other than himself. His QB threw pop flies all season that only Evans could pull in. He didn't get to amass his statistics playing mostly inferior competition in a high-powered passing system guaranteed to produce results with even marginal players, he took on double and triple coverage from some of the best in the business and still managed to get open and score. He proved at one of the highest possible levels he could get open and make extrodinary catch after impossible grab. He has amongst the best hands in the business and is remarkably stong--no NFL cornerback is going to be taking the ball away from Lee Evans!

As the draft neared, more and more of those who'd originally ranked Evans from 5-7 on reciever depth charts moved him up to 3-4 territory, even acknowledging his primary failing: the injury that caused him to miss the 2002 campaign and required two surgeries. That's the only legitimate concern you can raise about Lee Evans. To that I can only say he's in fantastic shape now, his times and drills indicate he's the dominant candidate amongst recievers in most respects, thus anything he 'lost' either came back with a vengeance or its loss hasn't impairied him overmuch.

The marijuana bust was not widely aired, so not everyone has heard the whole story. His car was stopped and the policeman found marijuana belonging to one of the other passengers. Lee immediately took a drug test at the advice of Barry Alverez and came up clean. All that means is when he was in college Lee Evans knew people who smoked weed. That puts him amongst the grand majority of anyone who attended the UW.

Again Keep in mind most of these other highly-touted prospects come from pass-happy offenses. Lee does not, he comes from the UW where basically he WAS our offense when Ron Dayne graduated. We traditionally rely on a brusing offensive line and a running game, our QB seldom is effective throwing the ball. Evans was facing double, triple coverage all year long and still put up amazing stats. He had a QB whose nickname shoulda been 'The Rainbow Warrior', and who threw a grand total of 17 TD passes--12 to Lee Evans. One memorable game Sorgi was knocked out of the game temporarily by cheap shot and the backup, an absolutely terrible passer came in and threw a wounded duck Lee Evans took 80 yards for a touchdown. That's how we beat the reigning national champion Ohio State Buckeyes. He beat Gamble so bad he damn near dropped him out of the first round, which is about the only way he could have fielded that punt and still made it in.

The Badgers weren't very good this past year, but Lee Evans was and that's why we went to a bowl game. He had an unbelievable game when our season was on the line against Michigan State. Michigan State was a pretty good team last year--better than us--and their defense had shut down the high-powered Iowa offense in their victory over the Hawkeyes earlier in the year. They'd been ranked in some polls near the top 10 earlier, but they couldn't shut down Lee Evans. They weren't ranked anywhere once Evans got ahold of them, he OWNED Michigan State. (19 catches, 486 yrds, 8 TDs in TWO games)

Have you ever seen a reciever catch 5 TDs in a game against superior competition? I have--Lee Evans against Michigan State this past year. He was amazing, he made some of the most remarkable catches I've ever seen. On one of them I swear Sorgi was trying to throw it away and he couldn't get it far enough. Touchdown Lee Evans on an acrobatic catch.

He's the kind of guy who can take a pop fly 99 yrds for a TD--like he did this past year. He's the guy that makes the big catches in the important games--like he did twice to Ohio State. Twice Lee Evans beat our eternal nemesis Ohio State with TD grabs in the waning minutes. In fact, Ohio State would never have been National Chamions if Lee Evans hadn't blown out his knee. We could have beat them in '02, and if Lee Evans had been on the field we would have. We lost because our reciever dropped passes in the end zone--that never happened to Lee Evans.

The Spaz
04-26-2004, 06:10 AM
Good post Frozen Tundran and welcome to the Zone!:up::beers:

Frozen Tundran
04-26-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Good post Frozen Tundran and welcome to the Zone!:up::beers:

Thank you, I just became something of a Bill's Fan. I just realized you guys had not only Lee Evans, but Troy Vincent, Tim Krumrie and the QB that was supposed to be ours too.

I suppose I should be awfully mad at you for not only dashing my forlorn hopes Evans would fall to us, but then snaking our sleeper QB prospect right in front of us. Lee Evans was made for someone like Favre or Losman to throw to--a guy who doesn't give up either and gets open when it all seems to be falling apart.

But I always have to have another team to root for besides the Pack, an AFC team of course. Bills are perfect, they have the players I like, they're gonna make a huge step forward next year, and I have family in upstate New York.

BTW, you didn't reach on Losman either. It was revealed that he was supposed to be our #1 pick. Keep in mind that as bad as the Packer scouting apparatus is at judging Kickers (can you believe we blew *another* 3rd round pick on a punter? :::shudder:::) they have an awfully good track record at picking QBs. We not only discovered Brett Favre sitting on a bench in Atlanta (and gave them a first round draft pick for a second round QB who'd completed only two passes his rookie year--both to the other team) but also Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselback and Aaron Brooks. We know our QBs pretty good, and we wanted Losman.....

Dantheman1280
04-26-2004, 11:10 AM
NIce post

HenryRules
04-27-2004, 05:20 PM

Do you still think they feel that way?

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
Why do you take the 4th best WR (Argueably) in a deep WR class when you can get the best pass rushing DE in the draft? TD is an arrogant and stupid a$$!!!! Don't get me wrong, I like Evans...but not over those players. Way too early for him to go...just a terrible pick in my eyes. Remember Troy Edwards...the fast WR that Pittsburgh needed a couple of years ago...that turned out well! TD is way overrated...

Have you thought that in retrospect the 4th best receiver ranks as a higher prospect as the 1st best DE especially when speed receiver was one of our needs?

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Frozen Tundran
You are grossly mistaken, Lee Evans was no reach at #13, he'd have gone instantly to Tampa or SF if you'd have picked someone else.

Evans was skyrocketing up the draft boards, however out there in fantasy draftland they hadn't caught up to what was occuring behind the scenes.

The consensus rankings undervalued Lee Evans for three main reasons:

1. Undersized: Lee is only 5'10.7" while many scouts prefer 6'2" recievers

2. He had an ACL injury that required two surgeries, and when he came back initially it apperared to some he didn't have quite the same blazing quickness.

3. While recovering from the injury he was busted for marijuana possession.

Of these, the first is more of a scouts dream than a reality. Especially since the prominance of a small number of elite tall recievers, franchises are always looking to duplicate them. However, let's look at the facts:

Of the thirty recievers leading the league in recieving yards, the following are 6'0" or less:

Torry Holt 6.0
Derrick Mason 5.10
Marvin Harrison 6.0
Laveranues Coles 5.11
Hines Ward 6.0
Darrell Jackson 5.11
Steve Smith 5.9
Santana Moss 5.10
Issac Bruce 6.0
Chris Chambers 5.11
Rod Smith 6.0
Reggie Wayne 6.0
Peter Warrick 5.11
Peerless Price 5.11

There is little indication height is the dominant characteristic amongst successful NFL recievers.

Perhaps recievers with lesser skills need a few inches over the average 5'10" cornerback to compete in the NFL, but Lee Evans was the dominant prospect in a number of other quite important areas. He is the fastest and most agile reciever amongst the top candidates with by far the quickest legitimate 40 time, (4.33) and Ten Yard Dash. (1.51) His shuttle times indicate Lee is amongst the most--if not #1 period--agile of all top reciever candidates. Only Roy Williams and Woods could barely top his short shuttle time of 4.02 (no one else was even in the same area code) and no one beat his 6.74 three cone drill time. He's also by far and away the smartest; his 27 Wonderlic towers over his contemporaries, only Woods, (21) Jenkins, (20) and Colbert (21) could manage to crack a 20.

Lee Evans is no Combine Warrior either. He accomplished outrageous feats against top competition playing for a team with no other real offensive weapons other than himself. His QB threw pop flies all season that only Evans could pull in. He didn't get to amass his statistics playing mostly inferior competition in a high-powered passing system guaranteed to produce results with even marginal players, he took on double and triple coverage from some of the best in the business and still managed to get open and score. He proved at one of the highest possible levels he could get open and make extrodinary catch after impossible grab. He has amongst the best hands in the business and is remarkably stong--no NFL cornerback is going to be taking the ball away from Lee Evans!

As the draft neared, more and more of those who'd originally ranked Evans from 5-7 on reciever depth charts moved him up to 3-4 territory, even acknowledging his primary failing: the injury that caused him to miss the 2002 campaign and required two surgeries. That's the only legitimate concern you can raise about Lee Evans. To that I can only say he's in fantastic shape now, his times and drills indicate he's the dominant candidate amongst recievers in most respects, thus anything he 'lost' either came back with a vengeance or its loss hasn't impairied him overmuch.

The marijuana bust was not widely aired, so not everyone has heard the whole story. His car was stopped and the policeman found marijuana belonging to one of the other passengers. Lee immediately took a drug test at the advice of Barry Alverez and came up clean. All that means is when he was in college Lee Evans knew people who smoked weed. That puts him amongst the grand majority of anyone who attended the UW.

Again Keep in mind most of these other highly-touted prospects come from pass-happy offenses. Lee does not, he comes from the UW where basically he WAS our offense when Ron Dayne graduated. We traditionally rely on a brusing offensive line and a running game, our QB seldom is effective throwing the ball. Evans was facing double, triple coverage all year long and still put up amazing stats. He had a QB whose nickname shoulda been 'The Rainbow Warrior', and who threw a grand total of 17 TD passes--12 to Lee Evans. One memorable game Sorgi was knocked out of the game temporarily by cheap shot and the backup, an absolutely terrible passer came in and threw a wounded duck Lee Evans took 80 yards for a touchdown. That's how we beat the reigning national champion Ohio State Buckeyes. He beat Gamble so bad he damn near dropped him out of the first round, which is about the only way he could have fielded that punt and still made it in.

The Badgers weren't very good this past year, but Lee Evans was and that's why we went to a bowl game. He had an unbelievable game when our season was on the line against Michigan State. Michigan State was a pretty good team last year--better than us--and their defense had shut down the high-powered Iowa offense in their victory over the Hawkeyes earlier in the year. They'd been ranked in some polls near the top 10 earlier, but they couldn't shut down Lee Evans. They weren't ranked anywhere once Evans got ahold of them, he OWNED Michigan State. (19 catches, 486 yrds, 8 TDs in TWO games)

Have you ever seen a reciever catch 5 TDs in a game against superior competition? I have--Lee Evans against Michigan State this past year. He was amazing, he made some of the most remarkable catches I've ever seen. On one of them I swear Sorgi was trying to throw it away and he couldn't get it far enough. Touchdown Lee Evans on an acrobatic catch.

He's the kind of guy who can take a pop fly 99 yrds for a TD--like he did this past year. He's the guy that makes the big catches in the important games--like he did twice to Ohio State. Twice Lee Evans beat our eternal nemesis Ohio State with TD grabs in the waning minutes. In fact, Ohio State would never have been National Chamions if Lee Evans hadn't blown out his knee. We could have beat them in '02, and if Lee Evans had been on the field we would have. We lost because our reciever dropped passes in the end zone--that never happened to Lee Evans.

Great post!

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 05:29 PM
TD took over a train wreck. 2001 & 2002 were supposed to be bad- we had millions upon millions of dead cap to unload. 3-13 was a bit worse than exected- 8-8 was prolly pretty good considering the lack of talent the defense had.

His only major mistake was his first decision 2 weeks intot he Job- Hiring GW. That compounded and exaggerated problems down the road. But TD has brought in excellent talent overall and managed the cap well.

This isn't Madden- there is no "reset" button to push that eliminates the previous administration's cap screw ups.

ScottLawrence
04-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Stupid post to begin with.

HenryRules
04-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

This isn't Madden- there is no "reset" button to push that eliminates the previous administration's cap screw ups.

I think it will be interesting to see how successful AJ Smith rebuilds the other Butler mess (albeit that one wasn't solely Butler's doing). I hope we beat them to the playoffs.

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 05:49 PM
I think it will be interesting to see how successful AJ Smith rebuilds the other Butler mess (albeit that one wasn't solely Butler's doing). I hope we beat them to the playoffs.

Well, Manning refused to consider playing there, and 8 of their 11 offensive linemen are gone from last season.

And with all the holes, they drafted a FG kicker at the beginning of Rd 3

HenryRules
04-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Well, Manning refused to consider playing there, and 8 of their 11 offensive linemen are gone from last season.

And with all the holes, they drafted a FG kicker at the beginning of Rd 3

As most Bills fans should have learned by now ... at the end of the day, it's W's and L's that count, not the names of the players on the roster.

San Diego and us are both in a bad position right now.

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 05:53 PM
yeah, 0-0

buffmaniac
04-27-2004, 06:08 PM
As most Bills fans should have learned by now ... at the end of the day, it's W's and L's that count, not the names of the players on the roster.

San Diego and us are both in a bad position right now.

Why are we in such a bad position? We had the #2 defense in the NFL and have kept most of our coaches and players. If we can get our offense back on track we will be fine. The additions of Mularkey, Clements, Wyche, and McNally to the coaching staff should help. The additions of Villarrial, McGahee, and Evans to the roster should help as well. Obviously we will have to see but I think we are in pretty good shape.

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by buffmaniac
Why are we in such a bad position? We had the #2 defense in the NFL and have kept most of our coaches and players. If we can get our offense back on track we will be fine. The additions of Mularkey, Clements, Wyche, and McNally to the coaching staff should help. The additions of Villarrial, McGahee, and Evans to the roster should help as well. Obviously we will have to see but I think we are in pretty good shape.

LOL....welcome to the BillsZone cam-.....where we have the latest on fan reaction

http://tv.gif.ru/day/run.gif

HenryRules
04-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by buffmaniac

We're a 6-10 team with the defending Super Bowl champs in our divsion. With only 2 wild cards, I think there are better positions to be in than ours when discussing making the playoffs.

You people have no perspective or tolerance. I did not say we're terrible. I did not say that it's impossible for us to make the playoffs. I just said that we're in a bad position right now.

I think that teams like Miami, the Jets, Buffalo, Washington, and the Giants are all in a bad position because they're all non-playoff teams with great playoff teams in their division that make divisional games extra tough.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2004, 06:49 PM
I will agree with that HR. While we may have made some upgrades the defending superbowl champs are in our division and have made some upgrades of their own. Making the playoffs will be a tough task this year.

SABURZFAN
01-20-2005, 04:02 PM
bump......

how many still feel the same?

discuss....

Mudflap1
01-20-2005, 04:11 PM
"stay tuned"

Jon

Tatonka
01-20-2005, 04:55 PM
cool.. i didnt put my foot in my mouth on this one.

FTG
01-20-2005, 05:06 PM

Who's this guy? He's sure is stupid :ontome:

THATHURMANATOR
01-20-2005, 06:08 PM
I will agree with that HR. While we may have made some upgrades the defending superbowl champs are in our division and have made some upgrades of their own. Making the playoffs will be a tough task this year.

I was right on with this. Damn I'm good!

SABURZFAN
01-20-2005, 06:36 PM
cool.. i didnt put my foot in my mouth on this one.

:roflmao:

SABURZFAN
01-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Who's this guy? He's sure is stupid :ontome:

:idunno:

Nighthawk
01-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Have you thought that in retrospect the 4th best receiver ranks as a higher prospect as the 1st best DE especially when speed receiver was one of our needs?

I love how everybody runs and gets an old post and thinks that they are a genious. Hindsight is 20-20 and at the time, a lot of people felt the same way as I did. If I knew what was going to happen in the future, I'd be a millionaire. So please, people, stop trying to make yourselves look good by posting these old posts...it just makes you look foolish.

P.S. - Yes, I was wrong, but hey, sh#t happens!

STAMPY
01-20-2005, 08:14 PM
I love how everybody runs and gets an old post and thinks that they are a genious. Hindsight is 20-20 and at the time, a lot of people felt the same way as I did. If I knew what was going to happen in the future, I'd be a millionaire. So please, people, stop trying to make yourselves look good by posting these old posts...it just makes you look foolish.

P.S. - Yes, I was wrong, but hey, sh#t happens!

Just eat your damn crow :winkpunch

Nighthawk
01-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Just eat your damn crow :winkpunch

Did I not say I was wrong? :crazy:

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Well this is an interesting perspective.

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2007, 02:14 PM
LOL You can bet your ass the people in Jacksonville are wishing they had drafted Evans instead of Reggie who-dat Williams LOL.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Well this is an interesting perspective.

you have a point?

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 02:22 PM
you have a point?

YOU WERE WRONG.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 02:23 PM
you have a point?

Yup.

Dumping an overrated and underachieving Veteren QB happened in NE, and it should happen here as well.

You only agreed with the Drew and Brady move in hindsight. After Brady became great.

Apparently the only way you'll be happy that the Bills moved on from your boy JP is in hindsight, after someone out performs him.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Yup.

Dumping an overrated and underachieving Veteren QB happened in NE, and it should happen here as well.

You only agreed with the Drew and Brady move in hindsight. After Brady became great.

Apparently the only way you'll be happy that the Bills moved on from your boy JP is in hindsight, after someone out performs him.

Just to add to this, you said that the Patriots on the superbowl because they had forsight.

You have misplaced yours for JP's rose colored glasses.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Yup.

there isn't enough data on Trent to say he gives us the best chance now compared to JP. I have enough facts to prove JP actually gives us the best chance that you haven't been able to disprove.I am also have the vets choosing JP.

Are you actually gonna keep digging old posts? have fun, I ain't even wasting my time with yours. :D

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Chill out Mr. Bean.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 02:29 PM
there isn't enough data on Trent to say he gives us the best chance now compared to JP. I have enough facts to prove JP actually gives us the best chance that you haven't been able to disprove.I am also have the vets choosing JP.

Are you actually gonna keep digging old posts? have fun, I ain't even wasting my time with yours. :D

There also was Zero data on Brady when he took over. You are using hindsight as your measuring tool.

You also have not presented any facts that JP gives us the best chance because you have no idea. This is histarical.

You typing this from JP's study or what?

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:29 PM
YOU WERE WRONG.

Sorry, couldn't help it.Because of that, I ain't gonna let you off the hook a 3rd time if we beat the pats. :D

But compared to you, after 2 bets I'm up 2-0. This sunday doesn't count. We'll see at the end of the year. :D

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:30 PM
You also have not presented any facts that JP gives us the best chance because you have no idea. This is histarical.?
see jets game, nuff said.

You typing this from JP's study or what? not even gonna reply.

SquishDaFish
11-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Pathetic Bidjr. We dont make the decisions on the QB so who cares.