10-21-2002, 01:42 PM
Dozerdogs-

C- Lindros, Koivu, Messier

RW- P. Bure, Temu Sellanne, Illiya Kovalchuck (Atl), Afinegenov

LW- P Kariya, LeClair, Gaborick (Min)

D- Leetch, Bombadier(Min)

G- Richter, Fernandez (Min)

Entry fee $500 ZBs PAID

WOW! Look at all the firepower! If Lindros can keep his head clear, he, along with Pavel Bure, will deliver a killer scoring touch. This team could have a potent power play as well. Gaborik and Kovalcuck really impressed in their rookie seasons and only look to get better for their respective teams. Dozerdogs are also gambling on the Minnesota Wild's stingy defense to steal some +/- points and goaltending stats.

Big Drawback- the +/- on this team could be horrible. Goaltending is a weakness as well. It could be worse, he drafted Byron Dafoe (holdout) and Roman Turek of the Flames. The Dozerdogs hope these latest aquisitions let him tread water while the offense carries the load.

Don Cherry
10-21-2002, 01:58 PM
Ally Loves Canada (Sabre Ally)

C- federov, Ronning

RW-Satan, P. Sykora(anh), Morozov (Pitt)

LW- Samsanov,L. Robitaille, M. Sturm(SJ)

D-Nicholas Lidstrom, Chelios, J Ninnema (Edm), Redden

G- Turco (Dal), Biron, Guigere (Anh)

Strong Defense and Goaltending is the strength of this club. Scoring will be a problem, however. Behind the steady Samsanov and Federov, question marks. Robaitaille is headed on the downward slope, Morozov will remain productive as long as Lemieux stays healthy. Satan is streaky and Sykora and Sturm do nothing for me. This team will survive on it's defensive stats.

And way to many sissy europeans!!!!!

Entry fee $500 ZBs PAID

:mounty:

Sabre Ally
10-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Sissy Europeans. :rofl: I think I should change my team name to Team United Nations:
5 Canadians (Redden is gone Don, I dropped him to pick up Morozov)
3 Russians
1 American
1 Swede
1 Fin
1 Czech
1 Slovakian
1 German

Don Cherry
10-21-2002, 02:27 PM
Berkley Bashers- (Miss Buffalo)

C- Sundin, Francis, Hirdina (Pit)

LW- Ryan Smyth (edm), Mike York

RW- Bondra, Glen Murray, Recci, Hossa, Parrish

D- Blake, Aucoin(NYI)

G- Chechmanek, Khabiboulin

Tons of RW depth on this team, but thin at LW and Center. Goaltending is solid with 2 guys whonwill shoulder most of the loasd for their teams. Is TB's start for real? If so, Khabiboulin might be a steal. He should see 70 games this year.

Entry Fee$500 ZBs.

Don Cherry
10-21-2002, 02:46 PM
Eat My Shorts (Clumping Platletes)

C- P. Demitra, Holik, Brind'Amour

LW- M. Naslund, Scott Thornton (SJ),

RW- Palffy, Sullivan, O. Nolan, Amonte, Kovalev

D- Numminen, McCabe

G- Burke, LaLime

Clumpy should rename this team the Rush Limbaughs, because it is loaded with right wingers. With a couple of injuries in the line up, look for the Clumpster to make some trades/moves to solidify the roster. Weak in scoring, this team does know how to win faceoffs. That is a category he will do well in.

Entry Fee= $500

Don Cherry
10-21-2002, 02:59 PM
The Mean Snakes (lordofgun)

C- Modano, Weight, Zhamnov,M. Nylander(Chi), Perrault, Lang

RW- Alffredson, Kapanen

LW- Drury, Shannahan,

D- Gonchar, Ohlund

G-Nabokov, Theodore

My god, How many centers can a guy have? The Mean Snakes could become the Rubber Snakes if the offense and goaltending does not improve. This Goaltending duo whould have been awesome last season. But Theodore has the label of possibly being the next Jim Carey (one year goaltending wonder) and it is questionable if he can repeat the success that made him last season's #1 Goaltender. Tom Brady on skates?

Entry Fee =$500 ZBs

Don Cherry
10-21-2002, 03:10 PM
4th and Long's *****es

C- Joe Thornton, Yashin, Comrie (edm) Morrisson (Van), lankgow (Pho)

LW- Tkachuck, McEachern

RW- Hull, Mogilny

D- Housley, Ozolnish

G-Roy, Salo, Cloutier

I love the balance on this team. Excellent Centers, top flight wingers, and Thornton / Tkachuck will add penalty minutes as well. Goaltending is excellent, possibly the best depth in the league. His defense could use some help, Ozolnish is solid but I don't like Housely. Can a 40 year old defenseman hold up?

A tough team to beat

Entry fee= $500 ZBs.

Don Cherry
10-21-2002, 03:23 PM
Sponge Bob (Patrick 76777)

C- sakic, Damphousse, Forsberg, Lecavalier,

RW- Guerin, D. Tucker, Havlat

LW- Elias,Deadmarsh, Daze

D- Jovanovski, Kaberle

G- Cujo, B thompson(stl)

Another strong team at Center, probably ther deepest corp in the BFZ league. Guerin is a very good choice at RW as well. It gets a bit thin behind Guerin on the wings, however. The D is solid, and Cujo between the pipes will be a money maker for this squad.

One area this team excells in is +/-. Currently, this team already is at +17.

Entry Fee= $500 ZBs

Don Cherry
10-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Casdhf Rules

C-Lemieux, Allison, Conroy, Oates, Nieuwendyk

LW- Simon Gagne, Ulf Dahlen, Fleury

RW- Iginla, Hedjuk

D- MacInnis, Hamrlik

G-Potvin, Thiabault

A very solid team from top to bottom. If Mario can stay in the lineup most of the season, this team is the odds on favorite. Goaltending will be middle of the pack, but this team does not need the next Dominic Hasek to be successful.

Entry Fee= $500 ZBs

Don Cherry
10-21-2002, 03:50 PM
Leaf Blowers

C- Roenick, O'Niel, Turgeon, Bonk

LW- Bertuzzi, Brunette, Heatley

RW- Jagr, Carter,

D- Poti, Zubov

G- Brodeur, Belfor, Kolzig

Best goaltending trio in the league by far. The cast of lesser known stars (behind Roenik and Jagr) is off to a tremendous start. I love the kid Heatley, he's versitile and productive on a dismal Atlanta team. Can they sustain the early momentum? Names like Bonk, Brunette, Carter, and an older Turgeon - will they be dependable all season long?

Entry Fee= $500 ZB's

northernbillfan
10-21-2002, 04:09 PM
:sadwalk:

Why am I finding out about this now?

I would have enjoyed this!

Sabre Ally
10-21-2002, 04:11 PM
It's all cas' fault, eh

:cas::whip:

Don Cherry
10-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Unfortunatly, Cas opened the leage and then closed it after only 9 teams (and about 8-10 hours) . I would have loved a 15-20 team league

Sabre Ally
10-21-2002, 04:12 PM
I can start another if enough people are interested.

northernbillfan
10-21-2002, 05:49 PM
:wave:

Let's do it!

casdhf
10-21-2002, 06:28 PM
go ahead....we can scrap this one....I only did it because no one else would :rolleyes:

4thAndLong
10-21-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
go ahead....we can scrap this one....I only did it because no one else would :rolleyes:

Let's do a live draft this time then.

Keep this one here, but dont do the ZB thing. :shakeno:

Dozerdog
10-21-2002, 09:12 PM
No live draft.. I can't take that time off work...

If you don't want to participate in the Zone buck thing, be my guest. Only those who put in will win.

It's just gives you something to play for.

4thAndLong
10-21-2002, 09:13 PM
No, I meant do the ZB thing for the other league, so we have more people, making the pot bigger, and having it alot more competitive.

Because I sure as hell aren't doing the ZB Pot for 2 leagues. :shakeno:

Sabre Ally
10-21-2002, 09:37 PM
Live drafts are over with. I'll start another one, but please don't stop playing the first one. Does anyone have any specific options they'd like?

lordofgun
10-21-2002, 10:52 PM
I'd like the "Pity Win" feature installed in the second league just in case my team really sucks.

Oh, and I'd like $10 just for playing. (real dollars)

4thAndLong
10-21-2002, 10:57 PM
http://uglypeople.com/uglycelebs/section.images/up-celebs-00025.jpg

lordofgun starting a rally to get the pity win feature installed, just in case (it will) his team does bad