PDA

View Full Version : I'll say this

Novacane
04-24-2004, 03:36 PM
That was a lot to give up for Losman. He'll either be a genius in a couple years or unemployed.

ryjam282
04-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Look at it this way....

We have our version of the big 3...Young guys at key positions.

Losman
Evans
McGahee/Henry

TypicalBill
04-24-2004, 03:40 PM
we gave up too much i think ...... unless we have a trade planned behind the scenes that would give us a 1st next year.....

RedEyE
04-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Also, Henry or McGahee will be used as trade bait next year to get another high pick out the '05 draft. Should get as much as a 2nd possibly as high as a first if the Bills find another puppet like the Falcons in the Price trade.

Novacane
04-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
we gave up too much i think ...... unless we have a trade planned behind the scenes that would give us a 1st next year.....

I just pray we have a great year. that would really suck if we have a bad year and it ends up being a top 10 pick we gave up!

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 03:48 PM
A qb that's ready to play next year is worth more than any 1st pick next year. He was preparing for the future. Had Drew restructured then we wouldn't have had to make that move.

The Pats are way ahead of the pack in terms of the future. If we didn't get Losman and Drew busts this season, guess how much we would have to pay for a franchise qb via the draft?

Halbert
04-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

I just pray we have a great year. that would really suck if we have a bad year and it ends up being a top 10 pick we gave up!
This is the biggest risk, but I think it's worth taking. They jumped more than 2/3 of a round to get a rookie QB on their roster now instead of next year. They should be fine with Drew and the revamped offense this season and now have options at the position for next year. There's a good chance they'll get a high pick for Henry next year.