PDA

View Full Version : Losman on WGR 55

Novacane
04-24-2004, 03:39 PM
I don't know where the RJ comparisons come from. He is very a cocky/confident sounding kid. I like the pick. It was a lot to give up but I like the kids attitude!

Mr. Miyagi
04-24-2004, 04:39 PM
I think we could've had him without giving up a 1st next year.

2nd/5th/2nd would've done it.

But hey, if he pans out I guess it's all worth it. But we won't know until a long while later.

Novacane
04-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I think we could've had him without giving up a 1st next year.

2nd/5th/2nd would've done it.

How can you say that? If TD could have gotten that he would have

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 04:45 PM
the bills panicked and overpayed

Mr. Miyagi
04-24-2004, 04:48 PM
We'll never know now. All we needed to do was to get ahead of GB, and I think we could've gotten it cheap with Cincy or Seattle.

Oh well, no need to argue about it now.

juice
04-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
the bills panicked and overpayed

The panic was in the first pick.. They should have had a plan B ready to trade down with SOMEONE and still get Evans. Even if it was only a day Two extra pick.

Philly Zoner
04-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by juice

The panic was in the first pick.. They should have had a plan B ready to trade down with SOMEONE and still get Evans. Even if it was only a day Two extra pick.

I'll bet you anything they tried but couldn't find a buyer

Novacane
04-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by juice

If they really wanted him he may have been gone. Clayton went right after we took Evans. TB may have taken Evans had he been there

TigerJ
04-24-2004, 04:59 PM
At various points leading up to the draft there were indications Green Bay wanted Losman with their first round pick. I think it is a bit too much to assume Buffalo could have gotten him in the second round, anywhere in the second round. In essence Buffalo gives up a fifth and next year's first to move up from the second to the first this year. That may not be such a bad deal. It looks like an indication that the Bills have written off DB's future in Buffalo. They said on ESPN that Buffalo wanted DB to start contract talks before the draft. He didn't, so Buffalo said to Drew, "2004 is your final season in Buffalo."

Best case scenario: Drew plays well enough for Buffalo to improve their record, maybe even make the playoffs. Losman rides the bench and learns under one of the better QB coaches in football. Next season, when Buffalo makes the major payment for the right to draft him, JP will be ready to contribute.

Worst case scenario: Drew does not produce this season. The Bills cut him prior to November and name Losman the starter for the remainder of the season. No, he won't be ready to be a competent starter by then, but if the Bills let him know he's not under any pressure, then he'll at least have a few games under his belt to get the feel of being an NFL QB and hopefully be that much more ready in 2005.

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Stop looking at draft guide rankings you think the GM's use them to rank the players. I'm telling you they obviously had Evans rated pretty damn high.

mypoorfriendme
but we didnt necessarily NEED evans, im sure henderson, jenkins, or someone like pk sam or bernard berrian would have been a better value in the high second or third

Novacane
Originally posted by Philly Zoner

I'll bet you anything they tried but couldn't find a buyer

Yep

Novacane
04-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
but we didnt necessarily NEED evans, im sure henderson, jenkins, or someone like pk sam or bernard berrian would have been a better value in the high second or third

Hey..........I am with you on that 100% but since Evans is now a Bill I love the kid!

helmetguy
04-24-2004, 05:22 PM
It'd be a big plus if the kid (Evans) can return punts and kicks!

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Hey..........I am with you on that 100% but since Evans is now a Bill I love the kid!

word

Originally posted by helmetguy
It'd be a big plus if the kid (Evans) can return punts and kicks!

word, and he should be able to if hes got the vision, speed, and agility that hes supposed ot have. when returning kicks, not even his size can be considered