PDA

View Full Version : Losmans attitude........

Novacane
04-24-2004, 03:50 PM
reminds me of a young Jim Kelly. Very cocky. TD said thats one of the big things they love about him. I do too!

BFL0BLZ
04-24-2004, 03:50 PM
ditto

STAMPY
04-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Me too bro!!! My dreams have come true... My visions

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 03:51 PM
I hope he turns out like them! I didn't like the pick but I trust TD until I see otherwise.

ryjam282
04-24-2004, 03:56 PM
I agree with Spaz, I will wait and see.

don137
04-24-2004, 03:58 PM
I think he has the physical tools but I think he is too much of an a-hole and will not be mature enough to take any team to the Super Bowl...His attitude reminds me of Ryan Leaf

Novacane
04-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I hope he turns out like them! I didn't like the pick but I trust TD until I see otherwise.

I shocked the hell out of me. I had turned to the yankee game for a few minutes and then came back and they were showing Losman highlights. I thought oh $#it...........GB took losman.Thier goes our shot at a QB in round 2. Then they put up his picture with a Bills logo I almost fell out of my chair!

I did not like it at first but after hearing the kid interviewed I changed my mind. I love his confidence. Just the oposite of every QB we have has since Kelly.

Philagape
04-24-2004, 04:01 PM
People grow up. Kelly, Marino and Elway were all *****s when they were young, and they became well-mannered family men loyal to their teams and communities

Novacane
04-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Philagape
People grow up. Kelly, Marino and Elway were all *****s when they were young, and they became well-mannered family men loyal to their teams and communities

Agree! I want a ***** for a QB. I am sick of Todd Collins' and RJs and Drew's laid back approach.

baalworship
04-24-2004, 04:49 PM
I thought that Losman looked like RJ etc etc etc before the draft. But after hearing Losman on WGR say he is GLAD to be a Buffalo Bill, unlike Eli Manning makes me see see him in a much better light.

Welcome to Buffalo JP!

Eli, you're a crybaby!

:100: :100:

Iehoshua
04-24-2004, 04:51 PM
I like the edge that a cocky guy can bring to the table. I don't think it has to be construed as a negative.

Philly Zoner
04-24-2004, 05:04 PM
yeah, I'm warming up to the guy. fiery leader is good, so long as its not a piss-everyone-off kind of fiery. I haven't heard anything about Tulane players hating him, so maybe he just gives an abrasive first impression

I want a competitor, and I aint second guessing this pick. I like the idea of some mobility back there too.

Novacane
04-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Philly Zoner
. I like the idea of some mobility back there too.

Amen Amen Amen Amen.............................................................................................................................................

STAMPY
04-24-2004, 05:15 PM
And i'll say it one more time... The guy is not an ego maniac ***** with an attitude. He was voted team captain 3 years in a row at Tulane from his teammates. I could give a damn what the media thinks of his confident cocky attitude or what he says to opponents!!! As long as he's good to his teammates thats all i care about. I highly doubt a dude with an attitude would get that support from his teammates. The guy can throw a 95 mph fastball. He can scramble. He has all the tools to be something very special. I can't wait to buy my JP LOSMAN BILLS JERSEY!!!

Michael82
04-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
reminds me of a young Jim Kelly. Very cocky. TD said thats one of the big things they love about him. I do too!

I agree! I really love this move! He brings back the attitude that we have been missing on our offense! :up:

matt
04-25-2004, 10:23 AM
I like his confident-cocky attitude. Winners dont have friends, because they make everyone else losers.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Man, it's good to see some positive posts about Losman. I love his attitude. He's a big time college QB and a 1st round draft pick, for pete's sake. He deserves to be a little cocky - but he's not a selfish, spoiled little baby like Eli.

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
He was voted team captain 3 years in a row at Tulane from his teammates.

2 years... ramsey was the starter prior to that.

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2004, 11:35 AM
I really don't care if the QB is a good person. I just want him to be a great QB.

Kelly was great on the field, but was hated off the field by fans. He was a big dickhead at bars and to woman.

Marriage and kids changed him after he retired.

cordog
04-25-2004, 11:51 AM
"I'm just ready to meet the players, and hopefully they are not feeling all this crazy talk of what kind of guy I am," he said. "I'm ready for them to get to know me, and hopefully things will work out and they will embrace me and teach me as a rookie coming in."

doesnt sound too immature to me

mikemac2001
04-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Love the Pick

I was at work with TV on was disappointed at where we drafted evans, so i wasnt in a very good mood but im walking by i see losman highlights im like crap who draftted him was very upset at the moment, waiting to see who drafts him, i see the bills helmet under him i was so happy rest of the day. Love his attitude very competive which will make him better, he has pride in his game and i love it.

doug45
04-25-2004, 12:49 PM

He reminds me more of RJ and that is not a "Good Thing". Another kid from CA that is full of himself. I personally never thought of Kelly as Cocky. He was more of a leader which is very different from Cocky. People that are Cocky worry about themselves and not the team.

BillsMan80
04-25-2004, 01:03 PM
I love the kid and his attitude. I saw a feature on him in the Friday draft show, and I loved it. What happened was that him and his agent heard that Eli was working out for scouts at the Saints facility. So what does J.P. do? He schedules his workout directly after Manning at the Saints facility. He's cocky but confident. Exactly what you want your QB to be like.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by doug45

He reminds me more of RJ and that is not a "Good Thing". Another kid from CA that is full of himself. I personally never thought of Kelly as Cocky. He was more of a leader which is very different from Cocky. People that are Cocky worry about themselves and not the team.

Great observation on the difference between leadership and cockiness.

Novacane
04-25-2004, 01:57 PM

Kelly was a cocky ass when he was drafted. He grew into a leader.

There is only one similarity between RJ and Losman. They are both from California. Thats it!

L.A. Playa
04-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Here is the scoop on Losman he has always been liked by teammates from High School through college. Dont compare him to Rob Johnson, Rob grew up in Newport Beach (The OC) Losman in Venice whic is Los Angeles for all you east coasters, he was an academic all-american and very confident and a fiery leader according to a former high school teammate that is a friend of a friend said since high school he has always been determined to be the best at everything he has ever done and is a winner. He believe the only reason he was taken so low was because of the lack of success of his team last year. He is not a LA primadonna but a guy Bills fans will love. This guy had nothing but praise for his fromer teammate. Take what you will but sounds like a player to me

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 02:17 PM
i just listened to the audio of losmans interview with the buffalo media..

anyone dogging his attitude is crazy.. this kid is confident.. but he was absolutely appreciative of being picked.. and he is excited.. they even specifically asked him if he was ready to start (prodding to maybe cause a controversy) and he clearly stated.. i have never played a down in the nfl.. it would be absurd of me to say that i know or dont know if i am ready.

he also said that he is a perfectionist. he said that there is a difference between him being confident and arrogant which would rub players the wrong way.

he said that he never would have done what manning did.. because he is just like every other player in this draft and he has no right to dictate where he goes.. he leaves it in gods hands.

it was a great interview..

he ended the interview by saying thanks, and he "appreciated it so much."

seriously.. you guys riding his nuts about being an ******* need to look in the mirror.. those who live in glass houses....

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Hey T gotta a link I wanna hear it

Novacane
04-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i

seriously.. you guys riding his nuts about being an ******* need to look in the mirror.. those who live in glass houses....

exactly! What do these people want. Another ******* like RJ or Todd Collins who refused to lead. This kid sounded like a confident leader in that interview. People are just trying something to find something to ***** about

HAMMER
04-25-2004, 02:32 PM
I am freakin ecstatic! I wanted Losman, but via a trade down of our first to the #20 area to get more picks. This is awesome, we have our offense well stocked for the future.

The suspense is killing me, it's like getting a new driver. You can't wait to get to the range and let it fly!

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 02:43 PM

There is only one similarity between RJ and Losman. They are both from California. Thats it!

Actually, we were looking over some of his weaknesses and found these

Doesn't have great pre-snap recognition skills and appears to have problems reading defenses=RJ
Doesn't see the whole field all the time and lacks patience in the pocket.=Flutie/RJ
Will scramble too early and needs to do a better job of going though his progressions before leaving the pocket=Flutie
That being said, I'm not going to proclaim him a bust before he's even had a chance to get into a mini-camp. :cynic:
We've got Mularkey, Clements, and Wyche who have helped QBs before...no reason I can see they won't help Losman

mchurchfie
04-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Losman, Evans, and McGahee...could this be our next future "Big Three?" I like Losman already.:up:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Actually, we were looking over some of his weaknesses and found these

Doesn't have great pre-snap recognition skills and appears to have problems reading defenses=RJ
Doesn't see the whole field all the time and lacks patience in the pocket.=Flutie/RJ
Will scramble too early and needs to do a better job of going though his progressions before leaving the pocket=Flutie
That being said, I'm not going to proclaim him a bust before he's even had a chance to get into a mini-camp. :cynic:
We've got Mularkey, Clements, and Wyche who have helped QBs before...no reason I can see they won't help Losman

To add on that front:

* He puts great zip on the ball in good conditions (inside a dome), but has problems in inclement weather.

Given he will be playing in Buffalo, this is not a small matter.

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
To add on that front:

* He puts great zip on the ball in good conditions (inside a dome), but has problems in inclement weather.

Yeah..that part concerns me as well. No domes in our division and we sure as hell ain't putting one in in Buffalo. :cynic:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 02:52 PM
But I agree Phil - I won't make any judgement on *Losman* until I see him on the field. My judgements at this point are solely on TD's decisions.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
And i'll say it one more time... The guy is not an ego maniac ***** with an attitude. He was voted team captain 3 years in a row at Tulane from his teammates. I could give a damn what the media thinks of his confident cocky attitude or what he says to opponents!!! As long as he's good to his teammates thats all i care about. I highly doubt a dude with an attitude would get that support from his teammates. The guy can throw a 95 mph fastball. He can scramble. He has all the tools to be something very special. I can't wait to buy my JP LOSMAN BILLS JERSEY!!!

You can buy Losman's jersey on www.BuffaloBills.com right now just click on the banner at the top and it leads you to the BILLS store

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Hey T gotta a link I wanna hear it

it is on bb.com. click on draft day audio.

Novacane
04-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04

You can buy Losman's jersey on www.BuffaloBills.com right now just click on the banner at the top and it leads you to the BILLS store

I'm just gonna tape over my old Flutie jersey :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 03:45 PM

I'm just gonna tape over my old Flutie jersey :snicker:

Smart move. I don't think any current QB Bills' jersey is a safe long term investment at this point. ;)

TedMock
04-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

To add on that front:

I read that somewhere as well. However, ESPN just said that he's BETTER than the "big 3" at throwing in poor conditions because of the zip he has on his passes.

There we have it. Two reliable and knowledgeable sources saying completely different things. Let's hold off until we all see him play out a season. It may take 2 or 3 years but that's the plan anyway.

Bert102176
04-25-2004, 05:22 PM
I think we gave up to much but am really glad he is here

doug45
04-26-2004, 07:20 AM

They are both from California, They are both full of themselves, They even look alike. I can not stand the thought of living through another RJ era.:(

Novacane
04-26-2004, 07:41 AM

They even look alike. I can not stand the thought of living through another RJ era.:(

Oh brother! I guess we should now base our draft picks on who they do or do not look like. :rolleyes:

doug45
04-26-2004, 07:52 AM

base our draft picks on who they do or do not look like.

This is what happens when only part of a quote is used.