X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

The way I see it.......

Bledsoe was suppose to sign a new contract with the Bills before today. When that didn't happen suddenly the Bills are more critically concerned with drafting a QB. Manning, Rivers and Rothlisberger were all plucked before the thriteen. Buffalo either couldn't find anyone wanting to help them trade up to get one of the top three, or they jsut didn't want to give that much up for one of them. JP Losman comes cheaper. It makes me think that there is a good possibilty that Bledsoe is either pushing to get out of Buffalo or pitching for a better contract.

Suddenly the next best QB availble is JP Losman. The Pack was high on Losman. Favre was taking him out playing golf with him. The Pack staff was consitantly following him around maintaining a rapport.

A high caliber WR was also high on the Bills charts. I think the Bills had originally thought about taking Mike Williams 13th overall, but he obviously wasn't a factor. Knowing that they would have to give away this years second to trade up and obtain Losman before the Pack got to him, they decide to take Evans at the 13th overall and cross off their need for a WR.

Now, as for giving up next years 1st; After this season Buffalo should have two prime RBs and will most likely try to deal one of them off either before or during the '05 draft. If they can find another chump like the Falcons in the Price trade, the Bills could get a 1st for either Henry or McGahee. At the very least they should get a 2nd for one of them.

Tomorrow the Bills will have to focus mainly on defense. As of right now they have a 3rd, 4th, and two 7th round picks.

Since most 7th round picks will be busts, the Bills should look for defensive help in the 3rd round or 4th round. My guess is that they will try to grab 2 of the following 4 with those picks: a DE, CB, TE, OL.
    Last edited by RedEyE; 04-24-2004, 04:57 PM.
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

I wish we could have moved down a few spots and grabbed Losman and had more picks in this draft and still had next years #1. Hopefully Evans will prove worth not doing that.

Comment

• HenryRules
      • Jul 2002

The fact that we can recoup a first rounder next year doesn't take make giving one up any better. Having 2 first rounders is better than one.

If TD wanted to be in the mid-20s to draft Losman, I'd rather we traded down to 20, even for a 1st and 7th (you'd have to be able to get more than that, which is why I said something ridiculously low). I'd rather have Losman, Henderson, and next year's first than Evans and Losman.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
        I wish we could have moved down a few spots and grabbed Losman and had more picks in this draft and still had next years #1. Hopefully Evans will prove worth not doing that.
        Originally posted by HenryRules
        The fact that we can recoup a first rounder next year doesn't take make giving one up any better. Having 2 first rounders is better than one.

If TD wanted to be in the mid-20s to draft Losman, I'd rather we traded down to 20, even for a 1st and 7th (you'd have to be able to get more than that, which is why I said something ridiculously low). I'd rather have Losman, Henderson, and next year's first than Evans and Losman.
        That's the problem with not knowing with what's happening behind the scenes. Buffalo may have tried to trade down, but found either little cooperation or the deals being offered were just not that lucrative.

Comment

• TypicalBill
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
          Bledsoe was suppose to sign a new contract with the Bills before today. When that didn't happen suddenly the Bills are more critically concerned with drafting a QB. Manning, Rivers and Rothlisberger were all plucked before the thriteen. Buffalo either couldn't find anyone wanting to help them trade up to get one of the top three, or they jsut didn't want to give that much up for one of them. JP Losman comes cheaper. It makes me think that there is a good possibilty that Bledsoe is either pushing to get out of Buffalo or pitching for a better contract.

Suddenly the next best QB availble is JP Losman. The Pack was high on Losman. Favre was taking him out playing golf with him. The Pack staff was consitantly following him around maintaining a rapport.

A high caliber WR was also high on the Bills charts. I think the Bills had originally thought about taking Mike Williams 13th overall, but he obviously wasn't a factor. Knowing that they would have to give away this years second to trade up and obtain Losman before the Pack got to him, they decide to take Evans at the 13th overall and cross of their need for a WR.

Now, as for giving up next years 1st; After this season Buffalo should have two prime RBs and will most likely try to deal one of them off either before or during the '05 draft. If they can find another chump like the Falcons in the Price trade, the Bills could get a 1st for either Henry or McGahee. At the very least they should get a 2nd for one of them.

Tomorrow the Bills will have to focus mainly on defense. As of right now they have a 3rd, 5th, and two 7th round picks.

Since most 7th round picks will be busts, the Bills should look for defensive help in the 3rd round or 5th rounds. My guess is that they will try to grab 2 of the following 4 with those picks: a DE, CB, TE, OL.
          Good points Red
          For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

Ok, even if they were offered nothing then. I'd have rather had Losman in the first and Henderson in the second and still have next year's 1st than to take Evans and Losman and not have next year's first or this year's 5th.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Ok, even if they were offered nothing then. I'd have rather had Losman in the first and Henderson in the second and still have next year's 1st than to take Evans and Losman and not have next year's first or this year's 5th.

I agree. Evans needs to turn out to be a total stud since we basically gave up next years #1 and this years 5th for him. If they were that high on JP they could have grabbed him at 13 and Henderson in round 2.

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

I bet we get next year's first back via Henry or McGahee next offseason.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                  • Apr 2003

and i would agree, but you have to think evans IS top talent and itd be like if he fell to us in next year's first round. i thnik id rather overpay like we did than overpay like the texans did for babin
                  the dude abides

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                    teams weren't drafting players experts thought they were going to draft. For all we know the Cowboys would've taken Losman.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

Personally, I'm not high on Losman or Evans.....especially Losman.
                      I think that Buffalo gave up too much for him and he's going to be at least a 3 year project.

The Bills were obviously not high on chasing defensive lineman in this draft. Either they are satisfied with the current defensive situation in Buffalo, or the Bills front office found the players available unappealing.

They passed on Wilfork, Will Smith, and Udeze.

Comment

Working...
                      X