PDA

View Full Version : Draft Grade so far

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 04:58 PM
With minimal explaination (a couple sentenes), give the bills a grade for their first two rounds. also consider what we lost etc.

C -

a reach for evans but atleast will contribute some time, and overpayed for losman when TD panicked. dont like his immaturity or arrogance. seems like high risk/low reward type prospect to me

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 04:58 PM
I say a solid B.

Iehoshua
04-24-2004, 05:01 PM
B+

TypicalBill
04-24-2004, 05:02 PM
B-

only because i thought we gave up too much on that last trade. But if Losman becomes a solid starter ------- A-

Ð
04-24-2004, 05:12 PM
B+

helmetguy
04-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Incomplete. We haven't even had mini-camp yet.

Novacane
04-24-2004, 05:17 PM
as far as addressing 2 big needs A but as HG says..............I don't see how we can grade it until these guys take the field

STAMPY
04-24-2004, 05:19 PM
B+ possibly an A- after 3rd round pick... IN LOSMAN WE TRUST

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

then why even watch the draft? if you are incapable of having an opinion on the draft, the wheres the excitement? why bother watching? all im asking is what everyone thinks about our picks so far.

RedEyE
04-24-2004, 05:23 PM
I'd agree with a C-.

I think that Evans was plucked too early. Buffalo could have benefited by snagging DT Tommie Harris after he fell out of the top 10. Harris was the best talent on the board at the time.

Losman is a weak pick as well, giving what Buffalo gave up to draft him. I think this kid is a 3 year project minimum.

However, we did address two necesseties on the short list. I'm just not happy with the choices.

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
I'd agree with a C-.

I think that Evans was plucked too early. Buffalo could have benefited by snagging DT Tommie Harris after he fell out of the top 10. Harris was the best talent on the board at the time.

Losman is a weak pick as well, giving what Buffalo gave up to draft him. I think this kid is a 3 year project minimum.

Harris was rated higher on your board not TD's.

RedEyE
04-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Harris was rated higher on your board not TD's.

Obvioulsy.

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Obvioulsy.

Yep!:beers:

Alluro
04-24-2004, 05:26 PM
evans was consider a better prospect than charles rogers and andre johnson a couple years ago. how is he a reach? the bears already said they would take him with the very next pick. i give the draft a B+ so far and the only reason it's not an A is because we had to give up a first next year

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 05:31 PM
something had be wrong with evans seeing as three recievers went before him

DraftBoy
04-24-2004, 05:32 PM
B-Evans was not a reach by any means regardless of what some posters here seem to think. He was touted as a 10-20 1st round pick. He was taken at 13 which is right where he was projected to go, not at all a reach.

The Losman deal will be a good deal and you know GB was pissed.

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

Um no they were worried about his size something TD is not.

Alluro
04-24-2004, 05:33 PM

yeah..he's coming back from a bad knee injury a la willis. outside of that, he was a top 5 pick.

DraftBoy

He had a knee injury his jr season but has regained all speed and the fact that he is only 5'10 hurt his stock some too. He was ahead of Reggie Williams on my value board.

RedEyE
Originally posted by Alluro
evans was consider a better prospect than charles rogers and andre johnson a couple years ago. how is he a reach? the bears already said they would take him with the very next pick. i give the draft a B+ so far and the only reason it's not an A is because we had to give up a first next year

I'm just not very high on the Bills grabbing another guy with knee issues. On top of that, Evans is only 5' 10".

I do like the fact that he pushed out 4.33 in the 40. He'll be effective in spreading the field, I'm just worried that his height will become obvious fighting for the ball against the bigger backs of the NFL.

Alluro
And as far as overally physical tools, Losman may be the most talented qb physically in the draft

ShadowHawk7
04-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Alluro

Agreed, 100%. Why exactly is Evans such a reach?? He's a perfect fit, and he even admitted it to us.

Novacane
04-24-2004, 05:36 PM
dont like his or arrogance.

Thats exactly what the Bills and a lot of us DO like about him

helmetguy
04-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Why watch? Well, as a fan, I like to have some idea of whom I might see when I go to the games. Trying to grade the draft at this point is like trying to grade a term paper from the outline.

Novacane
04-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

I would have loved to have seen the looks in thier boardroom when our trade was announced :snicker:

Halbert
04-24-2004, 05:40 PM
I do like the fact that he pushed out 4.33 in the 40.
I've now heard 4.33, 4.38, and 4.41. Which is it?

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Halbert

Doesn't matter he's still fast.:beers:

RedEyE
04-24-2004, 05:43 PM

4.33 at the combine, I guess :idunno:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/lee_evans

Philly Zoner
04-24-2004, 05:49 PM
B-Evans was not a reach by any means regardless of what some posters here seem to think. He was touted as a 10-20 1st round pick. He was taken at 13 which is right where he was projected to go, not at all a reach.

thanks Draftboy, a lot of posters have been forgetting that Evans is a helluva receiver. if it weren't for concerns about his knee, which looks to be recovered, he probably would have gone before REggie Williams. We might ideally have taken him at 15-20, but our pick was 13 and we wanted him. little reach if at all...

we gave up a lot for Losman, but you usually have to to get a franchise QB. look what we did for Bledsoe. Delhommes are rare.

I give us a B+ so far, and I reserve the right to upgrade if we can get one of the several decent Guards/Centers left in the 3rd

nolimit
04-24-2004, 06:05 PM

He had a knee injury his jr season but has regained all speed and the fact that he is only 5'10 hurt his stock some too. He was ahead of Reggie Williams on my value board.

same with kiper.

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Thats exactly what the Bills and a lot of us DO like about him

theres a difference between arrogance and confidence. confidence is crucial, arrogance is excessive

Novacane
04-24-2004, 06:30 PM

theres a difference between arrogance and confidence. confidence is crucial, arrogance is excessive

Kelly was very arrogant as a 22 year old. I am not worried at all about it.

Dantheman1280
04-24-2004, 06:34 PM
D-

BFL0BLZ
04-24-2004, 06:35 PM

:eek:

DraftBoy
04-24-2004, 06:52 PM

I'm just not very high on the Bills grabbing another guy with knee issues. On top of that, Evans is only 5' 10".

I do like the fact that he pushed out 4.33 in the 40. He'll be effective in spreading the field, I'm just worried that his height will become obvious fighting for the ball against the bigger backs of the NFL.

Well he may be 5'10 but hes got a 41' vertical which is a helluva leaping ability ala Chris Chambers, and also most CB's are in the 5'10 range so his size with his speed and leaping ability should make him just fine for the NFL, Im not concerned. A LB will not be able to cover Evans.

DraftBoy
04-24-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
D-

Care to expound...

DraftBoy
04-24-2004, 06:53 PM

4.33 was the one listed on ESPN at the draft show so Id go with that one

Philly Zoner
04-24-2004, 06:57 PM

Well he may be 5'10 but hes got a 41' vertical which is a helluva leaping ability ala Chris Chambers, and also most CB's are in the 5'10 range so his size with his speed and leaping ability should make him ok for the NFL, Im not concerned. A LB will not be able to cover Evans.

I think Steve Smith is a good comparison too. he gets the job done by jumping, even though he's only 5'9." Evans has Smith by an inch.

Billzz
04-24-2004, 07:01 PM
He is not being groomed to REPLACE Moulds, he was drafted to be the #2 speed guy. Speed with great hands and fluid motion, gee what where they thinking?

A-

Great work stealing other peoples selections with JP IMO. St. Louis and GB where both looking at taking him so TD did what he had to do. It was a here and now descion and obviously the managment feels we will not be in a good position next year with the first round pick.

Ofcourse no one will know the actual end result of this draft for a few years with the development needs of JP but atleast it's a ray of hope where none was before. Who knows we may get to see him finish out a few games this year and definetly in pre-season.

Halbert
04-24-2004, 07:03 PM
4.33 at the combine, I guess :idunno:

Wow that's blazing compared to Peerless Price's 4.56 prior to being drafted by the Bills. I wonder what Price runs now?

RedEyE
04-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Well he may be 5'10 but hes got a 41' vertical which is a helluva leaping ability ala Chris Chambers, and also most CB's are in the 5'10 range so his size with his speed and leaping ability should make him just fine for the NFL, Im not concerned. A LB will not be able to cover Evans.

The NFL has his vertical listed at 37". However, I know these things fluctuate with each workout.

RedEyE
04-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Wow that's blazing compared to Peerless Price's 4.56 prior to being drafted by the Bills. I wonder what Price runs now?

I think Peerless will be feeling the pinch this year.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2004, 07:14 PM
A+. We got the most accomplished speed receiver and the QB with the most upside in this draft. We are concentrating on offense, as we should be. So far, it's my dream draft.

Ebenezer
04-24-2004, 07:21 PM
Call me in 3 years...I'm barely done grading the 2001 draft...

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Given we gave up our #1 next year for LOSMAN, and given we used our #13 on Evans.... D.

Only would have been worse if he had traded up for Winslow.

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 07:33 PM
the more i think about it, the more i atleast like evans. hes a great player with great speed and great hands. some say that knee injury is worth worrying about btu the way i look at it, it means it was effecting him atleast a little this season, and just think what hell be like once hes 100%, not just 91.7%

Dantheman1280
04-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Evans was good and not really to much of a reach.
All those picks for Losman ( are you kidding me)
Tim Anderson ( WHO!!!)
D-

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Evans was good and not really to much of a reach.
All those picks for Losman ( are you kidding me)
Tim Anderson ( WHO!!!)
D-

Do some research on the players.:up:

Dantheman1280
04-24-2004, 10:11 PM
I have done some. Lee is good. Losman was a reach. Im not saying he is bad, but we gave up alot for him. As for Tim Anderson you rite i have not done much research, but I watch college football and I never once heard the name Tim Anderson!

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 10:13 PM
I have done some. Lee is good. Losman was a reach. Im not saying he is bad, but we gave up alot for him. As for Tim Anderson you rite i have not done much research, but I watch college football and I never once heard the name Tim Anderson!

I hear you but you have to love guys who bring there luch bucket to work everyday and work hard for there money.

Halbert
04-24-2004, 10:32 PM
It's so funny how we want to know NOW. lol. I'd say day 1 is graded a C that could end up an A or an F 2-3 years from now.

At #13 Evans is going to start right now. Unless Reed goes nuts in preseason (either in a good way or bad way) he'll be #3 by midseason at the latest. That leaves Shaw as #4. A pretty good set for Drew to throw to.

On another note, if McNally can get whatever OL talent he has by training camp to pass protect, Drew won't have any excuses. He either does well or Losman is on deck to take over next season. Hopefully Drew takes advantage of the situation, allowing Losman to wait until 2006 to be the full-time starter.

AndreReed83
04-24-2004, 10:47 PM
I love the Evans pick. This guy could very well make our passing offense great again. Not only does this guy got great speed, but he has a great heart and numerous bio's I have read on this guy have said that he has the best hands in the draft.

I like that we got Losman even though we obviously overpaid for him (I don't think we should of had to give up at least the 5th rounder or maybe give up our 3rd rounder instead of our 2nd rounder). Besides that, I think he will turn out good, and with the whole Bledsoe contract situation, I don't think it would have been wise to not come out of this draft without a top rookie QB.

I really like the Anderson pick. You do need a guy like this for your d-line even though you could argue that we have plenty of these guys already.

Overall, I'd give us an A-

The_Philster
04-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

Next weekend!! :up:

ryjam282
04-24-2004, 11:20 PM
I would have to give it a B - B+ so far. Tim Anderson could make this draft an A. He is high motor guy, ala Big Pat, he needs to bulk up a little bit but he is a prett good player. I hate OSU but I know he was a good one.

Remember when NC State and Phillip Rivers tried those QB sneaks against OSU in the 3rd OT and he was stopped everytime? That was Tim Anderson doing that....He is a good one, hope he can pan out. I liked the Losman call too. Right out from under GB.

CWOUSARET
04-25-2004, 12:12 AM
B+ a very good draft so far

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2004, 01:09 AM
Great Trade with the Devil (Parcells) and Hell (Dallas).

RJ 1st and 4th - immediate starter
Drew - 1st next draft - immediate starter
JP - 1st in 2005 3rd and 5th (in deepest draft in years) should sit at least a year - or two.

Ignoring the Oline once again...Priceless.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 01:13 AM
At #13 Evans is going to start right now. Unless Reed goes nuts in preseason (either in a good way or bad way) he'll be #3 by midseason at the latest. That leaves Shaw as #4. A pretty good set for Drew to throw to.

You're assuming Drew throws it within 10 feet of any of them. ;)

hintexas
04-25-2004, 01:16 AM
B - I am happy with what the Bills got but I wish they didn't have to give up next years first to do it. Also this grade can go up or down depending on if the Bills address the oline problem tomorrow.

mvb1781
04-25-2004, 01:41 AM
i give the draft a B Evans isnt a reach just had those knee problems but is still the fastest Wr and his hands are unreal
off the field problems dropped his rating had weed in his car said it wasnt his but who cares
If one cant remember this is how Randy Moss dropped down in his draft
i also like the pick up of losman every qb is a gamble dont like givin up a 1st rounder but i think with the trade bait for next year we will be sitting pretty with a 1st round pick