PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carrucci's Analysis on Buffalo...

RedEyE
04-24-2004, 06:53 PM
13 13 Buffalo Lee Evans WR Wisconsin
Vic Carucci's Analysis
This might be a little bit of a higher spot than conventional wisdom had Lee Evans being picked, but I do like the choice. Evans has been largely overshadowed by Fitzgerald and Williams, but he is a big-play target. The Bills might have had an eye on a quarterback of the future, without Rivers or Roethlisberger available, they went with someone who can help them immediately.

22 22 Buffalo J.P. Losman QB Tulane
Pat Kirwan's Analysis
Buffalo sat in a position earlier in this draft to jump ahead of Pittsburgh to get Roethlisberger and didn't do it. They had to overpay to get Losman as other teams got interested. Losman is an interesting character with mixed reviews from the combine -- but more about his personality than his skills. He threw for over 6,000 yards and 60 touchdowns and ran for over 700 yards, which gives him a different dimension than Drew Bledsoe. Buffalo has now surrendered next year's first-round pick, which will add extra pressure to how well and how soon he plays.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 07:16 PM
:cynic:

Novacane
04-24-2004, 07:17 PM
I would like to know what teams wanted from us to move up for Big Ben

Jan Reimers
04-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

It doesn't matter. Losman will be better.

RedEyE
04-24-2004, 07:20 PM

Well, I think the Giants set the mark with that one. Giving up a 3rd this year and a 1st and 5th next season just to trade picks. Nonsense IMO.

Novacane
04-24-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

It doesn't matter. Losman will be better.

:up:

Novacane
04-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

Well, I think the Giants set the mark with that one. Giving up a 3rd this year and a 1st and 5th next season just to trade picks. Nonsense IMO.

I agree they gave up a ton for Eli crybaby Manning.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 07:25 PM

Given what we ended up with and what we gave up, anything they wanted would have been better. I can't fkin believe TD gave up our #1 next year for #@*&% LOSMAN?!!!! He took Evans at 13?

:monkey: TD

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Given what we ended up with and what we gave up, anything they wanted would have been better. I can't fkin believe TD gave up our #1 next year for #@*&% LOSMAN?!!!! He took Evans at 13?

:monkey: TD So what qb would you take next year if Drew is gone and can he start right away?

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

so basically, the same we gave up for losman plus a third rounder?