PDA

View Full Version : Lavalias?

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Lavalias is still on the board and if he is there at 74 we should pick him.

Novacane
04-24-2004, 07:38 PM
yes!

Cntrygal
04-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Maybe it's cause I just woke up... but could you post some background info on him? I'm drawing a blank.....

Novacane
04-24-2004, 07:42 PM
DT from LSU

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 07:43 PM
id MUCH rather randy starks out of maryland...he could be elite

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-24-2004, 07:44 PM
DT Chad Lavalias, LSU

Strengths
Chad is super quick in his pass rush. He is very good in the 1-gap technique used for the passing game. He can be used right away to add to the pass rush of a team as he grows.

Needs to Improve
At this stage Chad is good (for college ball) in the run game or 2-gap
system but for the pros, he must get stronger in his upper and lower body and must learn to use his hands better. He does not have good lateral movement and this is the real reason he will have trouble in the pros defending against the run.

Bottom Line
Chad will always be better in the passing game than in the running game. He just likes doing it better. He can be a good run stuffer if he works really hard, but the reality is that rushing the passer is the lifeblood of this kid’s game. He is like a vampire looking for blood on the eve of all hallows. He loves to tackle someone, anyone behind the line of scrimmage. It doesn't matter to him who it is as long as he gets them behind the line. ATTENTION all offensive coordinators in the NFL. Do not, I say do not, run a reverse against this kid when he is on the field. He will swoop down on the poor pitiful person you use for this play and leave him on the field lifeless and without any color in his face. I call him Chad (The Count) Lavalais. He is a vampire and will suck the blood from your passing game.

Devin
04-24-2004, 07:46 PM
yeah but as Ingtarr stated his downside is many feel hes already reached his peak he wont get much better.

Cntrygal
04-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
DT from LSU

Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
DT Chad Lavalias, LSU

Strengths
Chad is super quick in his pass rush. He is very good in the 1-gap technique used for the passing game. He can be used right away to add to the pass rush of a team as he grows.

Needs to Improve
At this stage Chad is good (for college ball) in the run game or 2-gap
system but for the pros, he must get stronger in his upper and lower body and must learn to use his hands better. He does not have good lateral movement and this is the real reason he will have trouble in the pros defending against the run.

Bottom Line
Chad will always be better in the passing game than in the running game. He just likes doing it better. He can be a good run stuffer if he works really hard, but the reality is that rushing the passer is the lifeblood of this kid’s game. He is like a vampire looking for blood on the eve of all hallows. He loves to tackle someone, anyone behind the line of scrimmage. It doesn't matter to him who it is as long as he gets them behind the line. ATTENTION all offensive coordinators in the NFL. Do not, I say do not, run a reverse against this kid when he is on the field. He will swoop down on the poor pitiful person you use for this play and leave him on the field lifeless and without any color in his face. I call him Chad (The Count) Lavalais. He is a vampire and will suck the blood from your passing game.

Thanks guys!

hintexas
04-24-2004, 07:47 PM
I think their are a few DT left Starks, dockett, lavalias askew, mcneil. The Bills need to get a olineman this round maybe next round they look defensive tackle

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by hintexas
I think their are a few DT left Starks, dockett, lavalias askew, mcneil. The Bills need to get a olineman this round maybe next round they look defensive tackle

Dockett is gone.

We need O-Lineman but Randy Starks and Chad Lavalias is pretty hard to pass on at this point IMO.

Novacane
04-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
id MUCH rather randy starks out of maryland...he could be elite

Guess the titans feel the same way!:dink:

hintexas
04-24-2004, 07:50 PM
OK well so is starks now. The Titans with Starks and Odom made a big move on the d-line

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 07:51 PM
AHHH stupid titans...took rien long last year and randy starks this year JUST before us

hintexas
04-24-2004, 07:57 PM
what a run on defensive tackles now Lavalais is definatley the best available at DT