PDA

View Full Version : The way I look at it Losman is our #1 next year

Ebenezer
04-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey, a guy has to rationalize doesn't he...

We traded away our 1st next year but if Losman is ready to play then it is like the 1st rounder...

OpIv37
04-24-2004, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't mind making Bledsoe compete for the spot just to light a fire under his ass, but I also don't want to start the season with a rookie at the helm. I'd rather see Losman fill in during garbage time or replace Bledsoe when he gets injured to build experience.

Notice I used "when" Bledsoe gets injured and not "if"- TD hasn't done anything about the O line yet.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Glass half full thinking, yes.

IMO, we got f**ked. I will go on record right now and say this draft will go down as one of the worst in Bills history.

Evans is fast but undersized and has injury concerns, which IMO means 13 was too high for him. And Losman for a #1 next year was a waste, since I would have rather bundled that with our #13 and whatever else to move up and grab Ben.

My outlook for the Bills in the next 2 years is very negative.

OpIv37
04-24-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Evans is good but undersized and injury prone. Too high at 13. And Losman for a #1 next year was a waste, since I would have rather bundled that with our #13 and whatever else to move up and grab Ben.

I agree that would have been better, as long as we were going to lose next year's #1 anyway. But maybe no one was willing to make the trade.

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 07:48 PM

IMO, we got f**ked. I will go on record right now and say this draft will go down as one of the worst in Bills history.

Evans is fast but undersized and has injury concerns, which IMO means 13 was too high for him. And Losman for a #1 next year was a waste, since I would have rather bundled that with our #13 and whatever else to move up and grab Ben.

Hence your name mr. cynical.

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 07:48 PM
just keep in mind that evans was originally rated higher than both charles rogers and andre johnson before he got hurt. lee evans can be great.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
just keep in mind that evans was originally rated higher than both charles rogers and andre johnson before he got hurt. lee evans can be great.

True, but you don't blow a 13 on someone you "hope" can get back to 100% and won't lose it with one hit.

I was okay with taking Willis on that premise since that was a 23 pick. HUGE difference between 13 and 23.

Novacane
04-24-2004, 07:52 PM
before he got hurt. .

Thats just it! Now we have 2 players with knees we have to worry about

The Spaz
True, but you don't blow a 13 on someone you "hope" can get back to 100% and won't lose it with one hit.

I was okay with taking Willis on that premise since that was a 23 pick. HUGE difference between 13 and 23.

Evans is 100% he played all las year and put up huge numbers.

Ebenezer

Nope 2000 draft...among many in the 70s.

OpIv37
04-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Nope 2000 draft...among many in the 70s.

Who was in the 2000 draft? I'm too lazy to look it up

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Who was in the 2000 draft? I'm too lazy to look it up

You don't want to know!:puke:

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 08:00 PM

but evans is already almost fully recovered, and what im saying is that he can only get more healthy as far as his knee is concerned

OpIv37
04-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

And everyone in the NFL knows it and will be trying to take them out, especially if either one becomes an impact player.

casdhf
04-24-2004, 08:04 PM

TDRJ?

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 08:04 PM

but evans is already almost fully recovered, and what im saying is that he can only get more healthy as far as his knee is concerned

That's probably true.

I'm just still fuming over losing Ben at #11 and losing our #1 for Losman. TD should have been able to work something to get him. IMO, he panicked and used the #1 for Losman because he f**ked up and knows he needs a QB to replace Blew.

John Doe
04-24-2004, 08:52 PM

Actually, we have 53 players with knees that we have to worry
about.

And everyone in the NFL knows it and will be trying to take them out, especially if either one becomes an impact player.

And they would never think about doing that to anyone who never had a knee injury. "Don't go for his knees! He's never had surgury!"

BADTHINGSMAN
04-24-2004, 09:34 PM
I wont say any names but somebody could be tagged and traded if somebody turns out to be pretty good..

IMO Id take Losman as a back up over "The Pill" or Kordell anyday..

Demon
04-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Losman will never be a #1 QB in the NFL. His accuracy is horrid, he's immature and plays in a very weak conference where SHUAN KING looked like Joe Montana.

Those who think Losman will be a #1 QB at any time of his career are just thinking reaching and are in denial. I'm sorry, but Losman is FAR FAR FAR from a #1 QB in the NFL.

kardshark19
04-24-2004, 10:18 PM
I look at it this way...

Losman was a 1st round QB any other year, but this one. Us using next year's 1st to get him this year is obviously necessary because we got a 1st from Dallas. Also, you always pay more to get things early. Losman wouldn't have been there in the 2nd round when we picked. Many say GB would have snagged him when they picked in the 1st, just a couple picks after we got him. So we traded next year's 1st for a 1st this year, plus had to give a 2nd and 5th this year to get him early. It's not that much to pay. Especially for a good QB that will grow this year to be ready next year. It was a pretty good move to me.

Demon
04-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by kardshark19
I look at it this way...

Losman was a 1st round QB any other year, but this one. Us using next year's 1st to get him this year is obviously necessary because we got a 1st from Dallas. Also, you always pay more to get things early. Losman wouldn't have been there in the 2nd round when we picked. Many say GB would have snagged him when they picked in the 1st, just a couple picks after we got him. So we traded next year's 1st for a 1st this year, plus had to give a 2nd and 5th this year to get him early. It's not that much to pay. Especially for a good QB that will grow this year to be ready next year. It was a pretty good move to me.

I just think it's too much to risk for dealing what we did for a guy like Losman. He has always had inconsitantcy as a problem in college, he has horrible accurancy (and that is one thing that you can not learn) and he's not very mature. I also read somewhere that he has a real tuff time reading a defense when he plays someone good. That is definetly not good news.

He played in a very weak conference where he can just air it out vs bad teams. Like i said, Shuan King looked like god in that conference and look at King now......