PDA

View Full Version : Bills select Tim Anderson DT/ Ohio ST.

Bled2Hen
04-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Tim Anderson is selected in the 3rd round for the Buffalo Bills. does anybody know anything about this guy?

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 08:03 PM
some say hes extremely under-rated and really controlled the ohio state line. i say i hate the fact that 4 picks ahead of us were both randy starks and donell washington. i wonder if how TD had each of them ranked

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 08:04 PM
SELECTED BY BUFFALO , ROUND 3, PICK 11, OVERALL PICK 74
DT | (6'3", 307, 5.01) | OHIO STATE | COLLEGE STATS
Data from Scouts, Inc.

Grade: 73
Comments: Anderson is intense, technically sound, gap-control tackle with nonstop motor. Intense, fiery. Great leverage. Stronger lower body and base than measurables indicate. Very good initial quickness, terrific at getting into position. Great anticipation. Uses hands and upper-body strength to control blocks at point of attack. Runs well, can be explosive tackler. Disciplined, plays out his assignments. Very unselfish. Lacks bulk as a gap-control guy. Lacks burst through the line. Needs more pass-rush moves. Is much better run-stopper than pass rusher. Anderson is one of the toughest, most technically sound defensive tackles in this class. He plays with great leverage and quickness, is difficult to move at the point of attack and has tremendous stamina. He is an extremely hard worker who is relentless on and off the field. But Anderson is an overachiever with limited upside. He doesn't have great burst and doesn't have great agility. He has been tough against the run in college, but he's not overwhelming and won't occupy two gaps on a consistent basis. He could be a solid wave tackle in a 4-3 scheme, and he might be an even better fit as a 3-4 end. But he is not a complete enough package to be an every-down player in the NFL. He'll likely slip to the second day of the draft

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2004, 08:10 PM
god im pissed that the titans took starks and GB took washington RIGHT infront of our face. they obvously have much more upside than tim anderson atleast in the long run (or atleast this seems to be the consensus among most draft sites)

nolimit
04-24-2004, 08:11 PM
read this write up:

Tim Anderson DT Ohio St

Strengths
Tim has good size and strength for his position. He is a 1gap-2gap DT. He has good lateral movement and strength in the running game and is very quick in the passing game. He is across the line and in the backfield more times than an old man with a prostate problem visits the bathroom.

Needs to Improve
Tim has to tie the scouts down to a chair and tell them to stop looking at Will Smith and Darion Scott. The real leader of the D-line is Tim (Tool Man) Anderson.

Bottom Line
Tim has all the tools of the trade. He has all the pass-rush moves and he stands strong at the point of attack. He is smart and is a leader. He is a slave to the game plan. The coaches will love this kid. In the 4th quarter, he will rise above the rest of his fellow players and make the big play. Tim is not flashy. He is just good. This draft has some very good DT's in it. Tim, in any other draft, would be a 1st rounder but in this draft, he
falls to the second round. Not flashy enough. Some team is going to get themselves one hell of a player- a core player, a team player, a professional. There is no reason for a scout to overlook a player the quality of Tim unless he got kicked in the head by a mule. Tim (Tool Man) Anderson brings all his tools when he goes to work.

Drew Boylhart

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 08:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/tim_anderson

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Looks like Sape is done.

Dantheman1280
04-24-2004, 08:17 PM
Who the **** is this sorry ass clown, does any one have a good sniper rifle, I need to meet with Donablow!!

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-24-2004, 08:20 PM
I like Tim Anderson but...

we should've picked Lavalias.

ryguy8161
04-24-2004, 08:20 PM
I really like this pick. I think this kid is the reason Will Smith was so good.

B-DON
04-24-2004, 08:21 PM
after reading that bio of him i get a boner to think of him on our already sick defense

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Looks like Sape is done.

Good!:couch:

Devin
04-24-2004, 08:33 PM
good thing we got this no name phew I was worried we might get a quality TE or even worse some OL help.

PHEW!

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Devin
good thing we got this no name phew I was worried we might get a quality TE or even worse some OL help.

PHEW!

There's always tomorrow.

B-DON
04-24-2004, 08:45 PM

PHEW!

Who would u draft here instead?

ShadowHawk7
04-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
god im pissed that the titans took starks and GB took washington RIGHT infront of our face. they obvously have much more upside than tim anderson atleast in the long run (or atleast this seems to be the consensus among most draft sites)

Arg! Yeah, I know! The effin Titans did the same thing last year when they took Rien Long a DE/DT suggested to go early 2nd, 4 spots ahead of the Bills. In the 4th round. Randy Starks was also predicted to go late late 1st to mid 2nd.
Tim Anderson does seem like a very good pick w/ the players available at our spot tho. He should provide solid backup for future seasons, if he doesn't become a decent to good starter. We can address DT or DE 1st (if we get one somehow, and depending of FA) or 2nd round NEXT year, if Pat Williams or Aaron Schobel decides to leave. Hopefully, we can keep one of them.
I was either hoping for DT or OG at this spot, but on Mel's draft board, there wasn't any guards, so the Bills went Dline with a solid pick. They better go Oline or Jason Peters in the 4th though.

ShadowHawk7
04-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
Who would u draft here instead?

Good point, and Hartsock was taken early third anyway. His draft status was down anyway, and I'd rather have Anderson anyway, he seems like a verrry hard and dilegent worker.

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 08:58 PM

PHEW! It was a huge mistake for us to get that undrafted DT way back then. What was his name ? Pat Williams. Yeah, we sure wated an undrafted pick then :phew:

B-DON
04-24-2004, 09:05 PM
for all we know this guy could explode onto the scene with situational downs and even start next year. Hell he cant be any worse the edwards sorry a$$

Bert102176
04-24-2004, 09:19 PM
According to The Sporting News Anderson will likely be used as a DE in the NFL

B-DON
04-24-2004, 09:23 PM
if he is used at de he would be kinda slow but an excellent run stopper

schobelisdaman
04-24-2004, 09:47 PM
he has good workout numbers.........4.96 forty....500lb bench...600lb squat........sounds pretty good to me.

Dantheman1280
04-24-2004, 10:02 PM
why didnt we get Nat Dorsey? or Askew Mattish, or Peters TE