PDA

View Full Version : Pasquarelli on Henry

Romes
10-21-2002, 03:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/morningafter?id=1448661

It is in the Scout's take section

Buffalo tailback Travis Henry doesn't get a lot of attention but the second-year veteran is becoming one of the best runners in the NFL. "They won again without a really huge day from (Drew) Bledsoe, and Henry has been the key on offense the past few weeks. The guy is low-slung, has a very low center of gravity, and does a great job hiding himself behind the line."

I really hope he does become one of the best. The last few weeks he has really shown to me that he has that potential. I love watching him run.

SABURZFAN
10-21-2002, 03:13 PM
he's doing better than some young RB's that come to mind.ron dayne is one of them and he was a 1st rounder.

Novacane
10-21-2002, 03:20 PM
all it took was for Wys to get on his a$$! I think the Bills should hire him as a coach!

TypicalBill
10-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Henry is doing really good right now, but dont forget that some credit has to go to the O-line. This is a much, much and one more much better O-line than last year.Dont get me wrong, i agree henry is turning into an elite RB and he's only gonna get better.

P.S He's our man

Ed
10-21-2002, 04:02 PM
My favorite thing about Henry is his ability to push the pile and carry tacklers with him as he picks up a few extra yards. A few announcers and media people have been saying he looks a lot like Thurman, but 20 lbs heavier. I think a much better comparison, though, is Emmitt Smith. Their physiques and style of running look very similar. Henry's got a long way to go before being put in the same class as Emmitt, but he's really coming along well and I'm not worried about the early fumbles. I think they were more of a fluke thing.

venis2k1
10-21-2002, 04:05 PM
Henry is a bruising back, and without the fumbles would be one of the top 5 in the AFC

John from Hemet
10-21-2002, 05:55 PM
I think even with the fumbles he is one of the top 5 in the AFC

BillsMan80
10-21-2002, 06:07 PM
Wait for Wys, he'll dissect every run under 5 yards, and decide to take out any rushes over 30. Coincidence that Wys hasn't posted in a couple days?

The_Philster
10-21-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
all it took was for Wys to get on his a$$! I think the Bills should hire him as a coach!

So who do we send Wys after next? :chuckle: Whoever he blasts plays well. Bledsoe (though the rest of us had faith anyway), Travis, and even Watson played much better yesterday...much tigher coverage than I've seen from him this year.

Michael82
10-21-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

So who do we send Wys after next? :chuckle: Whoever he blasts plays well. Bledsoe (though the rest of us had faith anyway), Travis, and even Watson played much better yesterday...much tigher coverage than I've seen from him this year.

I got an idea. Give him Jay Riemersma. We need more out of him. It's time to get Wys to start *****ing about Jay, so he can prove Wys wrong. :D

Buffarama
10-21-2002, 09:08 PM
The way he cuts back and sees the field, plus his low center of gravity make him tough to tackle.
Someone refresh my collection, but I recall Dwight Adams said when he was drafted, "He's like tackling a greased bowling ball going down hill with spikes". Something to that effect.