would it not have been better to get big ben?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gone_fishin
    • Feb 2003

would it not have been better to get big ben?

hi..i have been reading this forum for a long time but have never posted...

following the draft, would it have been better and cheaper for us to move up and pay for big ben prior to pittsburg rather than paying such a high price for losman?

any input appreciated..

thx

-gone
  • Alluro
    You Don't Stand a Chance !
    • Jul 2002

big ben is a stiff...the thing i like about losman is that he's not a statue like rivers, manning, and your boy ben

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

I'm not so sure it would have been cheaper. Buffalo may very well have tried to trade up and snatch Ben before going to Pittsburgh, but the fee to do so might have been to steep. I think they did what they could to get a QB.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Re: would it not have been better to get big ben?

Originally posted by gone_fishin

following the draft, would it have been better and cheaper for us to move up and pay for big ben prior to pittsburg rather than paying such a high price for losman?

any input appreciated..

thx

-gone
        Yes, it would have been better. Unfortunately TD didn't have the talent to make that deal happen. So he settled for Losman in what I think was a reactionary move. He needed to get a QB this year or he would have gotten a ton of flack.

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

I guess their investment tells you what they think about Drew's future here.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

I think that's always been the case. TD knows Drew isn't the future, but he can't say that in public. He brought him here to be the future and he won't admit it was a flop.

Comment

• thefixer74
              Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
              • Apr 2004

I'm not going to say anything bad about JP,I just don't know.But Big Ben is no statue.He is strong and known for his breaking tackles and scrambling.

Alluro,have you seen Big Ben play,cause I have.He is mobile and can throw well on the run.
              To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                • Jul 2002

any input appreciated..

thx

-gone
                "Welcome". Glad to see you've posted.

In the long run, I think Ben would have cost us more.
                Originally posted by notacon
                The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• gone_fishin
                  • Feb 2003

i would think that our #13 and nxt year's #1 would have been enough to have houston move down 4 spots and still get dunta robinson at 13...but oh wel...there is nothing to do but hope that TD actually likes Losman more and that he pans out for us.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                    • Jul 2002

TD probably had JP as high or higher rated than Ben. Anyway, the two teams picking ahead of Pitsburgh (Houston & Jax) probably didn't want to trade. Houston really liked that CB they picked and Jax wanted to draft Reggie W. to give Leftwich somebody to throw to.

Remember TD said, "who we think is a franchise QB and who you think is may be different."

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

i would think that our #13 and nxt year's #1 would have been enough to have houston move down 4 spots and still get dunta robinson at 13...but oh wel...there is nothing to do but hope that TD actually likes Losman more and that he pans out for us.
                      Thats fine, but what WR would we have been able to get in the 2nd?
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• B-DON
                        hi
                        • Mar 2004

maybe this menas henry will be traded to regain that pick next year(after this season of course

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by B-DON
                          maybe this menas henry will be traded to regain that pick next year(after this season of course
                          Good point. I truly hope so.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

the short answer...
                            yes
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I think Ben's gonna be a stiff.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X