PDA

View Full Version : would it not have been better to get big ben?

gone_fishin
04-24-2004, 08:28 PM
hi..i have been reading this forum for a long time but have never posted...

following the draft, would it have been better and cheaper for us to move up and pay for big ben prior to pittsburg rather than paying such a high price for losman?

any input appreciated..

thx

-gone

Alluro
04-24-2004, 08:30 PM
big ben is a stiff...the thing i like about losman is that he's not a statue like rivers, manning, and your boy ben

RedEyE
04-24-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm not so sure it would have been cheaper. Buffalo may very well have tried to trade up and snatch Ben before going to Pittsburgh, but the fee to do so might have been to steep. I think they did what they could to get a QB.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by gone_fishin

following the draft, would it have been better and cheaper for us to move up and pay for big ben prior to pittsburg rather than paying such a high price for losman?

any input appreciated..

thx

-gone

Yes, it would have been better. Unfortunately TD didn't have the talent to make that deal happen. So he settled for Losman in what I think was a reactionary move. He needed to get a QB this year or he would have gotten a ton of flack.

Turf
04-24-2004, 08:32 PM
I guess their investment tells you what they think about Drew's future here.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 08:36 PM
I think that's always been the case. TD knows Drew isn't the future, but he can't say that in public. He brought him here to be the future and he won't admit it was a flop.

thefixer74
04-24-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm not going to say anything bad about JP,I just don't know.But Big Ben is no statue.He is strong and known for his breaking tackles and scrambling.

Alluro,have you seen Big Ben play,cause I have.He is mobile and can throw well on the run.

Cntrygal
04-24-2004, 08:37 PM

any input appreciated..

thx

-gone

"Welcome". Glad to see you've posted. ;)

In the long run, I think Ben would have cost us more.

gone_fishin
04-24-2004, 08:37 PM
i would think that our #13 and nxt year's #1 would have been enough to have houston move down 4 spots and still get dunta robinson at 13...but oh wel...there is nothing to do but hope that TD actually likes Losman more and that he pans out for us.

ct bills fan
04-24-2004, 08:40 PM
TD probably had JP as high or higher rated than Ben. Anyway, the two teams picking ahead of Pitsburgh (Houston & Jax) probably didn't want to trade. Houston really liked that CB they picked and Jax wanted to draft Reggie W. to give Leftwich somebody to throw to.

Remember TD said, "who we think is a franchise QB and who you think is may be different."

casdhf
04-24-2004, 08:42 PM
i would think that our #13 and nxt year's #1 would have been enough to have houston move down 4 spots and still get dunta robinson at 13...but oh wel...there is nothing to do but hope that TD actually likes Losman more and that he pans out for us.

Thats fine, but what WR would we have been able to get in the 2nd?

B-DON
04-24-2004, 08:43 PM
maybe this menas henry will be traded to regain that pick next year(after this season of course

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
maybe this menas henry will be traded to regain that pick next year(after this season of course

Good point. I truly hope so.

Ingtar33
04-24-2004, 11:19 PM
the short answer...
yes

lordofgun
04-24-2004, 11:21 PM
I think Ben's gonna be a stiff.

hintexas
04-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Houston did say that a unnamed team contacted them about trading down but that, that team wasn't able to meet the naming price. So who knows that was probable Buffalo and I think that Houston likes to ask for more then they deserve just see what they originally asked for Henson. I think the Cowboys were the big loser so far in the trade they lost out on a running back in Jackson that would have given them a running game to get Julius Jones and picks.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Just want to put this in-

I believe Houston would NOT have traded down to 13 becuase they really liked Dunta and were afraid they'd lose him to Jets at 12.