PDA

View Full Version : The whining by you guys makes me sick

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 09:26 PM
i know it is not all of you, and if your not whining then disregard the post.

the bills got three very good players today.

all i see is whining. awe.. this guy was drafted too high.. awe, this guy would have been there.. awe, we gave up what pick for him.. awe.. i wanted chad lavalais.

look.. you guys have no idea what rankings these guys had to the bills.. all you know is what draft mags and "experts" like kiper and the like say.. which doesnt mean **** to anyone in an nfl war room. they base rankings on how a guy fits our team and how they think he will perform.

all three players we got today were major college performers..

now, you all know what i though about drafting a WR and QB in the first 2 picks.. but i am not on here pissing an moaning about a guy that has not suited up for us yet... none of you have any idea what constitutes a "reach".. that is fact.. if you do, i would like to know what your basing it on? joe blows mock draft? who gives a crap.

if the players we drafted today turn out to be the next marvin harrison, brett farve, and warren sapp, then was it a reach?

a TON of the picks made today will end up being reaches.. not because of what some gay ass mock draft said, but because they wont perform up to position they were drafted.. and there will also be a large group of guys that turned out to be huge steals.. but none of you have any way of knowing which one will be which until they play.

get over it. we have a long time before we find out.

all i know at this point is that we got three very good players. all of which have the potential to be dominant.. that is right.. dominant at their position. all of which are very tough players, which is in the mould of what the bills want under mularkey. they all have very solid histories at their respective schools and fill the needs of this team.

and there is another day of drafting as well. there are still NUMEROUS guys on the board that could well impact this team at other positions..

like jason peters, karney, steponvich.. and more.

calm down guys. dont you think that the bills want their players to succeed more than us? their livelyhood and jobs depend on it. and as far as "rankings" are concerned.. those media rankings go out the window when the draft starts.. like TD said.. a player might be good.. but is he good for the buffalo bills? we cant answer that yet.

i had to listen to wys complain about the evans pick for 2 hours, before he started complaining about the losman trade (although he was very high on the actual pick up of losman).. but the day ended great, because he was happy with the anderson pick, and i assured him that there are still plenty of good Olineman left, if the bills feel that it is right for them.

btw, if you have never had wys wing sauce.. the sweet and tangy might be the best sauce i have ever had in my entire life. it was absolutely fantasic. if your reading wys.. thanks again for cooking wings all day and making the party lively and fun, with some day long healthy debate!

:band:

LtBillsFan66
04-24-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm happy. Every pick in every draft is a gamble.

I didn't think we needed a WR. But now we have a burner!

If we hadn't traded up for JP, then we'd be without a young QB prospect.

LtBillsFan66
04-24-2004, 09:30 PM
That was a long post Tatonka. Is wys corrupting you? :D

Bert102176
04-24-2004, 09:32 PM
I think we kicked a$$ today in the draft, and I was a winner cause I picked Evans as our #1 pick

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Good thinking T I totally agree.:up::beers:

baalworship
04-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

all i see is whining. awe.. this guy was drafted too high.. awe, this guy would have been there.. awe, we gave up what pick for him.. awe.. i wanted chad lavalais.

look.. you guys have no idea what rankings these guys had to the bills.. all you know is what draft mags and "experts" like kiper and the like say.. which doesnt mean **** to anyone in an nfl war room. they base rankings on how a guy fits our team and how they think he will perform.

Thank You. I don't understand why we need 35 threads explaining how Tom Donahoe and Tom Modrak REACHED. REACHED?! Only in your lame ass mock draft.

I spend as much time as anyone evaluating picks and hoping for players. Hell, I made fun of Losman because he DOES look like RJ. But I know that this is not how you evaluate a football player. In fact, I like everything this guy has said since becoming a Bill. He is grateful to be a Bill and he even said he's GLAD he's leaving California because he wants to see more of America.

This should be a FUN DAY! Not all these picks will work out but at least understand that many of them WILL work out and play well in the NFL.

helmetguy
04-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

It was the wing sauce, I'm tellin' ya! There's something in that sauce that...

(edited for the sake of breity)

...but I totally agree with Tatonka.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-24-2004, 09:39 PM
I think this was a good draft.

We did very well today.

How good was this draft? Ask me in 5 years.

Cntrygal
04-24-2004, 09:40 PM

btw, if you have never had wys wing sauce.. the sweet and tangy might be the best sauce i have ever had in my entire life.

:band:

That's my favorite.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 09:43 PM
I won't argue with what you said Tonk. It was very non-emotional and presented a logical case. :up:

But I am still sticking by my anger at trading a #1 for Losman and using a #13 on Evans when we desperately needed a more "probable" franchise QB of the future. (I wont debate the value of draft rags, Kiper, etc. since that discussion won't go anywhere)

Do I know that Losman won't be that franchise QB? Of course not. But remember, this board is about debating and is always going to have opnions...none of which are 100% right or wrong.

I'm simply expressing mine that TD blew it with Losman. Quite frankly I think if he had more talent/balls/etc. he should have been able to get Ben if he was so willing to trade our #1 next year. Of course I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but if he simply could not get Ben then I would have saved our #1 and skipped Losman.

P.S. You got me jonesing for wys wings now. :drool:

B-DON
04-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Great post Tonk! I agree, i love evans. everyone talks about his speed but forgets about his spiderman hands and the ability to catch almost anything. Losman will be a star qb and can actually scramble, Tim "Toolman" Anderson has got some mixed reviews, some say he was a steal in rd 3 and will be a star whlie others say he has limited upside. The way i see it we got the wr,qb and possibly Dt for the future (or at least next year) when Adams leaves. Plus our new dt a has a tight nickname.lol

matt
04-24-2004, 09:48 PM
If he would have traded next years number one for Big Ben, he would have probably gave up this years number one as well. We traded a number one for a number one, we had to toss in a second and a fifth, not a bad deal when you look at it.

Philagape
04-24-2004, 09:51 PM
A lot has to happen to make this draft a success. Obviously, the draftees have to play well. Evans has to not only be entrenched as a starter opposite Moulds, but someday he should be good enough to take over as No. 1 in case Moulds leaves or declines.

As for Losman, in the short term it depends on whether the Bills do well this year, meaning the first-rounder we gave up will be in the second half of the round. If so, then it's a good deal -- assuming Losman isn't a flop like so many first-round QBs have been over the years. If Losman turns out to be a franchise QB for years, then the deal is worth it regardless.

But just as importantly, Kelsay, Denney, Edwards and Bannan MUST get their act together and justify the Bills passing on Harris, Wilfork, Smith and Udeze. They were the higher value at 13, but TD obviously wanted a receiver. I'm particularly upset that Wilfork went to the Pats.

We also better hope McNally is the magician everyone says he is, or none of this will matter this season, nor will McGahee's debut. At this point, OL draftees will be merely bodies with the hope that maybe one will be a decent starter.

Of course, we should reserve judgment to see how everything plays out, starting with the June 1 cuts.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by matt
If he would have traded next years number one for Big Ben, he would have probably gave up this years number one as well. We traded a number one for a number one, we had to toss in a second and a fifth, not a bad deal when you look at it.

OMG....I didn't know we traded a 2nd and a 5th in addition to the #1.

It was a bad trade for the #1....with a 2nd and a 5th, it went from bad to horrible. :shakeno:

If we had traded our #13 and #1 next year for Ben, THAT would have been a great trade.

ShadowHawk7
04-24-2004, 10:01 PM

now, you all know what i though about drafting a WR and QB in the first 2 picks.. but i am not on here pissing an moaning about a guy that has not suited up for us yet... none of you have any idea what constitutes a "reach".. that is fact.. if you do, i would like to know what your basing it on? joe blows mock draft? who gives a crap.

if the players we drafted today turn out to be the next marvin harrison, brett farve, and warren sapp, then was it a reach?

a TON of the picks made today will end up being reaches.. not because of what some gay ass mock draft said, but because they wont perform up to position they were drafted.. and there will also be a large group of guys that turned out to be huge steals.. but none of you have any way of knowing which one will be which until they play.

get over it. we have a long time before we find out.

all i know at this point is that we got three very good players. all of which have the potential to be dominant.. that is right.. dominant at their position. all of which are very tough players, which is in the mould of what the bills want under mularkey. they all have very solid histories at their respective schools and fill the needs of this team.

and there is another day of drafting as well. there are still NUMEROUS guys on the board that could well impact this team at other positions..

like jason peters, karney, steponvich.. and more.

calm down guys. dont you think that the bills want their players to succeed more than us? their livelyhood and jobs depend on it. and as far as "rankings" are concerned.. those media rankings go out the window when the draft starts.. like TD said.. a player might be good.. but is he good for the buffalo bills? we cant answer that yet.

:10: :up: :beer:
Wow, all I can say, is amazing post. Prolly the best one all month. Hopefully, this will end all the crying and gnashing of teeth here. I'm very happy with the picks we made today, even though, I think we paid slightly too much for Losman.

Anderson should be a solid backup to a good starter. We can address Dline earlier next year, if pat or aaron leave.

Lee Evans shall be awesome, and I still don't know why he wasn't ranked w/ in the top 4 before.

JP Losman was chosen as our QB of the future as I think we wern't able to trade up and get Big Ben. We paid for JP, but he's our future, so we rightly should of.

Ask for the Oline, we have Jim Mcnally, our 4th rounder, and June 1 cuts. We can easily get a good guard to compete w/ Sullivan and Tucker, if TD wishes to.

Also when you think about our needs prior to the draft, they were like this: (no order)
WR
QB
DT/DE
G/C
FS
TE
FB
We can confidently scratch three of those off the list, and probably scatch one more tomorrow. Right now, I'm hoping for Jason Peters. He solve our TE problem, AND provide us with some great blocking help as he can block like an extra Olineman, possibly nullifiying the need to draft a OG or C. That'd kill two birds with one stone. Karney or Steponovich would be good too.

helmetguy
04-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Considering that we started out with a #2 (something like #54 overall) to move up to #22 overall, it isn't as bad as it sounds. I mean, by taking Losman at #22 (1st round this year), its more of a known quantity than waiting until next year to find whomever at anywhere from #1 to #32.

Halbert
04-24-2004, 10:39 PM
btw, if you have never had wys wing sauce.. the sweet and tangy might be the best sauce i have ever had in my entire life.
That stuff is really good, I admit. But I'm here in Rochester with easy access to the original that Wys based that sauce on - Country Sweet. And as good as Wys sauce is, the original is better.

When I have my choice of Wys' sauces I prefer the Hot. I just love the mix of flavors and it's still quite hot at that level. The Wys Guys are a little too hot for me to enjoy, but the Hot ones are like crack. I just can't stop eating the damn things.

Halbert
04-24-2004, 10:41 PM
And I like the draft today, of course depending on if TD is correct about Losman and Anderson. Evans looks like a sure starter.

lordofgun
04-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Thanks T. A lot of people need to read that.

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

nah.. but it was great stuff.. me and wys argued all day.. lol.. but in a friendly way.

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Do I know that Losman won't be that franchise QB? Of course not. But remember, this board is about debating and is always going to have opnions...none of which are 100% right or wrong.

I'm simply expressing mine that TD blew it with Losman. Quite frankly I think if he had more talent/balls/etc. he should have been able to get Ben if he was so willing to trade our #1 next year. Of course I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but if he simply could not get Ben then I would have saved our #1 and skipped Losman.

P.S. You got me jonesing for wys wings now. :drool:

man.. losman has every tool he needs to be just as good if not better than any other qb in this draft. period.

TD has never drafted a guy that was questionable as far as attitude.. in fact, he said specifically that he liked his attitude. he wouldnt have made it out of the first.. they really wanted evans.. and the bears stated taht he was top on their board.. and surely tampa would have taken him instead of clayton at 15.. we got the guys they wanted.. it was there plan all along to move back up in the 1st and get evans.. as stated by td himself.

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
:10: :up: :beer:
Wow, all I can say, is amazing post. Prolly the best one all month. Hopefully, this will end all the crying and gnashing of teeth here.

it wont.. people are ready to condem these kids before they have done a single thing for us.. it really is absolutely absured. all this ridiculous talke of draft position and "value"..

i love it when people are like - aw.. we could have gotten him later.. you have no idea.. when we took evans.. was anyone aware that 7 wrs would go in the first.. without mike williams in this draft? hell no.. evans would have been gone in the next 2 picks.. the guy has the skill to be the next harrison.. it would sure suck to have that and a guy like reed (ward) on our team.. boo. :rolleyes:

lol.. and i wasnt even pro wr and qb early...

and what people are failing to recognize is that there is still a second day to the draft.. we can add a guy like steponovich and karney and peters and fill our all our needs..

people talk about filling needs.. what the **** did we do today? every pick we took helped this team.

the know it alls around here are unbelievable.. i can tell that i am gonna get too pissed about this ****, and have to just chill on visiting the board for a while, or else i am gonna get too irritated and blow up on someone for just expressing there opinion, which i shouldnt do and isnt necessary.. i just know that this was not the way that i saw the draft going today..AT ALL.. but i can still find a positive too it.. but many of the people here that were crying for a franchise qb just got one, and still cry.. people were talking about adding speed to the offense.. we did.. one of the best speed receivers in the draft.. still pissing and moaning though.. and acting like we need a ton of help on the oline, like we dont have any more picks to add a guy or two.. or even use june 1st cuts..

i just cant stand all the negativity..

BidsJr
04-24-2004, 10:52 PM
I remember living in Atlanta when Favre was drafted and the fans down there were like Brett who?

Apparently the Falcons thought the same when they shipped a HoF'er away.

You never know how these things will pan out.

Evans has speed that cannot be taught.

Losman has all the physical tools. (Come on what are the odds of having 2 Californian physically gifted QB's on the same team who were busts?)

OK don't answer that, but Losman is not the "laid back surfer" that RJ was. This guy has attitude, and that's probably one of the main things that RJ needed to be a good QB

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
That stuff is really good, I admit. But I'm here in Rochester with easy access to the original that Wys based that sauce on - Country Sweet. And as good as Wys sauce is, the original is better.

When I have my choice of Wys' sauces I prefer the Hot. I just love the mix of flavors and it's still quite hot at that level. The Wys Guys are a little too hot for me to enjoy, but the Hot ones are like crack. I just can't stop eating the damn things.

he left a bottle of all 7 of his sauces.. he didnt need to do that.. but it was such a nice gesture.. all of it was good. but the wys sauce.. his hottest.. made me sweat my ass off.. rofl.. literally.

Originally posted by lordofgun
Thanks T. A lot of people need to read that.

thanks mr. trump. so i dont get fired today?

Halbert
04-24-2004, 11:03 PM
nah.. but it was great stuff.. me and wys argued all day.. lol.. but in a friendly way.

That's what you do when you hang out with Mark, talk about football opinions, usually diametrically opposed ones. It's fun.

DraftBoy
04-24-2004, 11:05 PM
I love all of our picks for three reasons:
1. They all addressed needs
2. They all in my mind should have big roles in the future of this team
3. I personally had each one rated higher than some of players that went before them: Evans over Reggie, Losman over Eli, Anderson over Washington

The_Philster
04-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Nice thread, Tatonka. :up:
I'm not ecstatic about the Evans pick at 13 and as far as Losman, I hope the negatives on him are far outweighed by the positives. Really can't say much about Anderson as yet :idunno:
But it's not like I'm ready to throw in the towel on the season...diehard fans like me can't stomach doing that. I'll be very interested to see what the players do at mini camp next Saturday.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 11:08 PM
man.. losman has every tool he needs to be just as good if not better than any other qb in this draft. period.

If he was that good or better than any other qb why didn't anyone take him before 22? I'm not saying I think he sucks, but to say he is better than the big 3 just doesn't make sense. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm going to put my trust behind the majority of people who rate drafts for a living. He is not better than the big 3 according to them.

i just cant stand all the negativity..

Fair enough but remember this is still fresh news. You can't expect everyone say "Gee what a great draft". You and some others feel it was a great draft. Others like myself think it fell short. There's nothing wrong with opposing viewpoints.

Demon
04-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
3. I personally had each one rated higher than some of players that went before them: Evans over Reggie, Losman over Eli, Anderson over Washington

Losman over Eli??? I agree with the other two... but how in the world can someone say LOSMAN is better then ELI MANNING??!??! I just don't understand that part.

juice
04-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by BidsJr
I remember living in Atlanta when Favre was drafted and the fans down there were like Brett who?

Apparently the Falcons thought the same when they shipped a HoF'er away.

You never know how these things will pan out.

Evans has speed that cannot be taught.

Losman has all the physical tools. (Come on what are the odds of having 2 Californian physically gifted QB's on the same team who were busts?)

OK don't answer that, but Losman is not the "laid back surfer" that RJ was. This guy has attitude, and that's probably one of the main things that RJ needed to be a good QB

Along with speed you also can't teach size which is what Evans is lacking... He makes up for the lack of size with speed but the issue in many peoples mind is whether he at 5'11 can be the future Moulds replacement?

Another question is if he can stay healthy.. I beleive he has had 2 Knee injuries in his carreer, looks to have recovered but a question still remains. His overall physical strength has alot to do with the injury issue and how well he will rehab from those injuries.

His size is the only issue as far as I have seen.. If he's running Sub-4.4 times I'd say he is pretty close to 100%... But the question still remains if he can take over after Moulds... Maybe but he will have to prove he has the heart of a champion like Moulds.

Still another Question is if he will be able to contribute to the Offense in his rookie campaign... With 4.3 speed he will have an easier time proving himself if he can just beat people deep and make the catch.. unlike Reed who had to use his route running and separation to get open.

I'd have to call Evans pickup a definate plus for this offense.

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:19 PM
If he was that good or better than any other qb why didn't anyone take him before 22? I'm not saying I think he sucks, but to say he is better than the big 3 just doesn't make sense. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm going to put my trust behind the majority of people who rate drafts for a living. He is not better than the big 3 according to them.

people questioned his attitude.. a confident cocky guy is going to turn some people off.. but if there is one thing that i trust about td's evaluation of players more than any other aspect is that he is not going to put an ******* on this team.. he has an impecable record when it comes to that.. i am not going to say that losmans character concerns were not something that i looked at.. but if td feels like it is a non issue.. then that is good enough for me..

there is not a single person on this board that has met this kid in person.. td has.. a couple different times.. i am pretty sure that he would know better than me.

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by juice
Along with speed you also can't teach size which is what Evans is lacking... He makes up for the lack of size with speed but the issue in many peoples mind is whether he at 5'11 can be the future Moulds replacement?

coles, hines ward, marvin harrison, steve smith, derrick mason, joey galloway, torry holt, santana moss, peter warrick, darrell jackson, dante stallworth, donald driver, peerless price... all of new englands wrs that have superbowl rings,

know what they have in common.. all are 6 foot or under..

doug45
04-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Sorry but if we gave up as much as we did we should have gotten much better. This JP I think was not worth the loss we took.

DraftBoy
04-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Demon

Losman over Eli??? I agree with the other two... but how in the world can someone say LOSMAN is better then ELI MANNING??!??! I just don't understand that part.

Very simple. Eli played in a very simple system in Ole Miss, and never really produced much for them. Even in crunch time. Im not saying who will be better but in workout tapes ive seen and reports ive read Losman outpreformed Eli at their workout in NO. Lots of GM and scouts agreed. Hell I think Eli is one of the most overrated QB's in the draft. I dont like his style of play and I think hes gonna get eaten alive in New York:

1. Ben
2. Rivers
3. Losman
4. Eli

That was my board.

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by doug45
Sorry but if we gave up as much as we did we should have gotten much better. This JP I think was not worth the loss we took.

how can you possible gauge that at this point? just give me ANY point of reference on this?

would you give up that much for tom brady? or brett farve?

do you think in retrospect.. all 27 teams that passed on marino might think.. hmm.. maybe he was worth a 2nd and a 5th.. which is all we gave up.. we basically used next years 1st to take him this year. and lost a 2nd and a 5th.

just wondering doug..

Dozerdog
04-24-2004, 11:27 PM
OMG....I didn't know we traded a 2nd and a 5th in addition to the #1.

It was a bad trade for the #1....with a 2nd and a 5th, it went from bad to horrible. :shakeno:

If we had traded our #13 and #1 next year for Ben, THAT would have been a great trade.

Ummm...we moved up from 43rd to 21 (22 spots) for the 5th round pick and next year's #1- of which we will recover most likely when we deal McGahee or Henry. Not a lot for a pretty good QB.

OK- Take a number and jump off the ledge here

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Very simple. Eli played in a very simple system in Ole Miss, and never really produced much for them. Even in crunch time. Im not saying who will be better but in workout tapes ive seen and reports ive read Losman outpreformed Eli at their workout in NO. Lots of GM and scouts agreed. Hell I think Eli is one of the most overrated QB's in the draft. I dont like his style of play and I think hes gonna get eaten alive in New York:

1. Ben
2. Rivers
3. Losman
4. Eli

That was my board.

i agree.. and listening to eli talk is like listening to a slug.. as far as leadership qualities/attitude go.. i dont see a single bit of it.. which his brother has been accused of by his own teammates.

DraftBoy
Originally posted by doug45

What did we give up exactly a 2nd rd pick and a 5th this year and a 1st next year...Ok well lets break that down

the 2nd round pick prolly woulda been a lineman of sorts bc Losman woulda been long gone by our pick

The 5th could of been something special but most likely a depth pick.

The 1st next year prolly woulda been spent on a QB anyways so I dont see the loss.

We jumped up 20+ spots and gave up very little in return. It was a good trade.

Ingtar33
none of those guys were reaches.

Evans was going to be drafted by the Bears next if we didn't draft him.

Losman was going to GB at pick 25

And Anderson was the steal of the draft for the Bills.

Do i like those three picks? No. But i won't whine about taking them too high.

Tatonka
Originally posted by Dozerdog
OK- Take a number and jump off the ledge here

:rofl:

i wish.

juice
04-24-2004, 11:29 PM
coles, hines ward, marvin harrison, steve smith, derrick mason, joey galloway, torry holt, santana moss, peter warrick, darrell jackson, dante stallworth, donald driver, peerless price... all of new englands wrs that have superbowl rings,

know what they have in common.. all are 6 foot or under..

Evans height is the reason he was not a top 10 prospect... as well as non of the guys you mention(Harrison?)

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
none of those guys were reaches.

yeah.. but mel kiper's draft guy says they were!!!!

:snicker:

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Evans height is the reason he was not a top 10 prospect... as well as non of the guys you mention(Harrison?)

was that a question? i dont speak spanglish or whatever that was. :D

:jk:

juice
04-24-2004, 11:34 PM
was that a question? i dont speak spanglish or whatever that was. :D

:jk:

Why was Evans not a top 10 pick if it wasn't his height issue?

Dozerdog
04-24-2004, 11:34 PM

Another question is if he can stay healthy.. I beleive he has had 2 Knee injuries in his carreer, looks to have recovered but a question still remains. His overall physical strength has alot to do with the injury issue and how well he will rehab from those injuries..

Knee operation- and he's STILL the fastest WR in the draft- so what's the issue?

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:36 PM
you put harrison in there and put a ? mark next to him.. i didnt get it, juice.

DraftBoy
04-24-2004, 11:37 PM
you never will...

juice
04-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Knee operation- and he's STILL the fastest WR in the draft- so what's the issue?

Tonk seems to think short recievers are picked higher than those over 6'0 ft.

If it's not an issue why is everyone not satisfied with the pick, he fills the need for a speed reciever?

DraftBoy
04-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Im very satisfied with the pick

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Tonk seems to think short recievers are picked higher than those over 6'0 ft.

If it's not an issue why is everyone not satisfied with the pick, he fills the need for a speed reciever?

juice.. i have not implied that shorter receivers get picked higher than tall ones.. i have no idea where you are coming up with that..

i think it is pretty obvious what i am stating.. that size isnt an issue.. there are a LOT of great receivers in the league right now that are 6ft and under.. that is all my point is.

and i really dont care why people arent satisfied with the pick.

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:43 PM
but the main reason people are not satisfied is because they had their hearts set on a certain player and/or filling a certain position in a certain order.. and apprently TD didnt get thier input before making the picks today.

juice
04-24-2004, 11:47 PM
you put harrison in there and put a ? mark next to him.. i didnt get it, juice.

Are you sure about his height??? Maybe he is 6'0 and VT math department teaches courses in Spanglish. :smileyface: :mex:

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Marvin Harrison #88
Height: 6-0
Weight: 175
Born: 08/25/1972
College: Syracuse
NFL Experience: 9

from nfl.com

juice
04-24-2004, 11:52 PM
Marvin Harrison #88
Weight: 175
Born: 08/25/1972
College: Syracuse
NFL Experience: 9

from nfl.com

How about Tory Holt... VT math department is gonna have to pick it up if you guys want to be a part of the ACC.

DraftBoy
04-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Do you make it a plan daily to push the TOS and try and get banned or is it just a natural thing for you?

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:56 PM
How about Tory Holt... VT math department is gonna have to pick it up if you guys want to be a part of the ACC.

Torry Holt #81
Weight: 190
Born: 06/05/1976
College: NorthCarolinaState
NFL Experience: 6

do you not know how to go to NFL.COM and look for you self, you invilid..

i said 6ft and under.. if they are on that list.. they are 6ft or under..

christ.

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:57 PM
and why the hell do you talk to me about VT and the ACC.. i dont give a ****.. as i have stated numerous times..

Dozerdog
04-25-2004, 12:00 AM
Juice-

Please list the heights and speeds of the 1st round corners in this draft- Is Lee Evans at a disadvantage???

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Juice-

Please list the heights and speeds of the 1st round corners in this draft- Is Lee Evans at a disadvantage???

he cant even spit out a comprehendable sentence... you expect him to do some research now??

:rofl: right.

juice
04-25-2004, 12:08 AM
6'0 isn't short for a reciever.. but under 6'0 is considered short.. My point is that recievers under 6'0 tend not to get picked top 10.

Does it mean they wont be successful.. no but the question still comes up as to if the height will be an issue.

I wonder why Roy Williams wasn't there at pick 13 he ran about the same time as Evans.

Dozerdog
04-25-2004, 12:08 AM
DeAngelo Hall, Virginia Tech University, 5-11
Dunta Robinson, University of South Carolina, 6-0
Ahmad Carroll, University of Arkansas, 5-11
Keiwan Ratliff, University of Florida, 5-10
Ricardo Colclough, Tusculum University, 6-0
Nathan Vasher, University of Texas, 5-11
Keith Smith, McNeese State, 6-0
Derrick Strait, University of Oklahoma, 5-11
Will Poole, University of Southern Cal, 6-0

The guys on this list are his size, or at most, about the height of my avatar taller than Evans....and only one of the guys on this list match Evan's speed.

Please discuss a rational reason why Evans is at a disadvantage to these guys.....

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 12:10 AM
2 friggin inches and your *****ing? Jesus christ somebody change this kids diaper.

Williams rand a full tenth of a second behind Evans, plus didnt have a knee issue, or a marijuana charge. Genious

juice
04-25-2004, 12:11 AM
he cant even spit out a comprehendable sentence... you expect him to do some research now??

:rofl: right.

Yeah your right Tonk... and by the way nice radio show, the audience was captivated by your Knowledge of the English Language.

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 12:14 AM
Yeah your right Tonk... and by the way nice radio show, the audience was captivated by your Knowledge of the English Language.

ouch.. that really stings.. lol.. you were listening obviously.. haha.

i cant wait till voting for worst poster of the year opens back up.

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 12:14 AM

Uncalled for, true colors show here. Dozer ban him! This isnt the 1st time he violated TOS for personal attacks in fact its more like the 50th.

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 12:15 AM

Who you gonna vote for?

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 12:15 AM
DeAngelo Hall, Virginia Tech University, 5-11
Dunta Robinson, University of South Carolina, 6-0
Ahmad Carroll, University of Arkansas, 5-11
Keiwan Ratliff, University of Florida, 5-10
Ricardo Colclough, Tusculum University, 6-0
Nathan Vasher, University of Texas, 5-11
Keith Smith, McNeese State, 6-0
Derrick Strait, University of Oklahoma, 5-11
Will Poole, University of Southern Cal, 6-0

The guys on this list are his size, or at most, about the height of my avatar taller than Evans....and only one of the guys on this list match Evan's speed.

Please discuss a rational reason why Evans is at a disadvantage to these guys.....

I don't really want to get in the middle of this love fest, but you could look at this another way...

Evans won't have a disadvantage to those guys, but unlike WRs over 6' he won't have an advantage either. Most CBs in the league are not that tall, but they do get burned more often against taller receivers like Moss, especially in this era of jump ball passes.

But to be clear - I'm not saying I don't like him (althogh I don't know that I would have spent the 13 on him). Would I rather him be 6'+? Yes...but if he is lightning fast and can run routes, he can be successful.

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 12:16 AM
Who you gonna vote for?

it is going to be tough deciding between juice and savior.

:biggrin:

LtBillsFan66
04-25-2004, 12:17 AM
I think 5'8" is tall. :D

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 12:17 AM

it is going to be tough deciding between juice and savior.

:biggrin:

You take one ill take the other?

Dozerdog
04-25-2004, 12:21 AM

Uncalled for, true colors show here. Dozer ban him! This isnt the 1st time he violated TOS for personal attacks in fact its more like the 50th.

I think all three of you are acting like 3rd graders in the school playground!

Knock it off and talk football or the only forums y'all will be granted acess to and allowed to post in will be the smack forum!

Dozerdog
04-25-2004, 12:23 AM
F'it.

Another thread ruined by bickering.

Locked up......

juice
I don't really want to get in the middle of this love fest, but you could look at this another way...

Evans won't have a disadvantage to those guys, but unlike WRs over 6' he won't have an advantage either. Most CBs in the league are not that tall, but they do get burned more often against taller receivers like Moss, especially in this era of jump ball passes.

But to be clear - I'm not saying I don't like him (althogh I don't know that I would have spent the 13 on him). Would I rather him be 6'+? Yes...but if he is lightning fast and can run routes, he can be successful.

Good point Cyn...make your point, these guys are just trying to see if they can start a childish disagreement then get another poster to respond so they can keep hitting that Report to Moderator feature and I guess "Get me in Trouble" ... I think the staff here has seen these antics before. They must be teenagers... who get approval from "Tattling on people" you know like grade school.

Tatonka
I think all three of you are acting like 3rd graders in the school playground!

Knock it off and talk football or the only forums y'all will be granted acess to and allowed to post in will be the smack forum!

he is on ignore

np.. and sorry dozer.