X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadowfax
    • Jan 2003

Ingtar? Please make me feel better about Losman

I don't see the kind of production in his resume to reconcile trading a first round pick. I see an immature kid with a chip on his shoulder. Big deal.
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

ah.. you're looking for the wrong fellow to make you feal better about this pick.

All i can say possitive about him is he has the best arm in the draft.

I've got nothing else to say that you'll want to hear.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
      ah.. you're looking for the wrong fellow to make you feal better about this pick.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shadowfax
        I don't see the kind of production in his resume to reconcile trading a first round pick. I see an immature kid with a chip on his shoulder. Big deal.
        you have to take into account the players.. or lack there of.. around him an tulane.. the guys offensive line was as bad as it gets.. he wrs were marginal at best.. so of coarse his number will not look quite as good. but they were by no means bad.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Couldn't you say best mobility of the top 4?
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

What I mean, is that Losman has a freakishly strong and accurate arm, he can make throws I’m not sure are possible in the positions he's in when he makes them (mostly all arm, with little to no help from his lower body).

But beyond the golden arm, he's got a mushy head, crappy attitude and piss poor technique, all of which make him a high risk/ high reward pickup.

High risk because people like him are often the guys who end up in jail, or drugging themselves out of the league. Or they simply prove to be too erratic to be dedicated to their career to the degree necessary to make it at this level. However, his physical gifts are such, that if he does, in the end "get it" and grows up, he has enough physical gifts to get him into the hall of fame.

Hence, he is a highly risky pick.

Since he asked me to make him feel better about the pick, all I was saying was that I couldn’t, beyond tell him that Losman had the best arm in the draft.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• PeteG
              • Dec 2003

Could you please tell us what we dont want to hear then? I love your posts Ingtar- thanks for all the insight!
              Lets go Buffalo!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

What I mean, is that Losman has a freakishly strong and accurate arm, he can make throws I’m not sure are possible in the positions he's in when he makes them (mostly all arm, with little to no help from his lower body).

But beyond the golden arm, he's got a mushy head, crappy attitude and piss poor technique, all of which make him a high risk/ high reward pickup.

High risk because people like him are often the guys who end up in jail, or drugging themselves out of the league. Or they simply prove to be too erratic to be dedicated to their career to the degree necessary to make it at this level. However, his physical gifts are such, that if he does, in the end "get it" and grows up, he has enough physical gifts to get him into the hall of fame.

Since he asked me to make him feel better about the pick, all I was saying was that I couldn’t, beyond tell him that Losman had the best arm in the draft.

Sounds live Favre!!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

his is fastest of the top 4, speed hardly translates into the good kind of mobility, look at Rob Johnson. He was a fast man, and moble if you counted his rushing yards. Yet i doubt anyone would call him a mobile QB.

John Elway was lucky if he could run a 4.8 in his youth let alone in his old age, yet he clearly was a moble QB.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

High risk because people like him are often the guys who end up in jail, or drugging themselves out of the league.
                    wow, ing.. that is so incredible harsh to even imply that losman, who has a completely clean record and has NEVER been in trouble with drugs or the law, would end up in jail or on drugs because he is cocky.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

and yes... the Farve comparison is rather apropos, yet for every Farve there is 4 or 5 Ryan Leafs, who rubbed me the wrong way in the same way Losman does.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

and yes... the Farve comparison is rather apropos, yet for every Farve there is 4 or 5 Ryan Leafs, who rubbed me the wrong way in the same way Losman does.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Just great. This only confirms my belief TD f**ked up.

THIS WAS THE YEAR TO GET OUR FUTURE QB.

Too bad TD didn't have the talent to get the job done.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

THIS WAS THE YEAR TO GET OUR FUTURE QB,

Like everyone else, I trust and value ingtar's opinion.

But I'll wait and see. He hasn't thrown one ball yet, and you're saying TD f'ed up.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

THIS WAS THE YEAR TO GET OUR FUTURE QB.

wow.. baseless posts like that just absolutely ****ing infuriate me.

you havent seen him play a god damn ****ing down.. but you are sure that he is a ****ing loser that cant be a future franchise qb.

can you give me the ****ing powerball numbers for this weekend too?

jesus christ.

Comment

Working...
                              X