PDA

View Full Version : Receivers 6ft or under....

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:15 PM
not that this will keep people from whining..

but this is a list of receivers that are 6ft or under.. some as small as 5'9", like steve smith.. there are alot more.. but this is just so people realize that not everyone needs to be built like randy moss or terrell owens.

i am sure that some of the people on the list will make you go.. no ****ing way he is under.. oh.. i guess i was wrong.

coles, hines ward, marvin harrison, steve smith, derrick mason, joey galloway, torry holt, santana moss, peter warrick, darrell jackson, dante stallworth, donald driver, peerless price... all of new englands wrs that have superbowl rings,

know what they have in common.. all are 6 foot or under..

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Nice!:up::beers:

LtBillsFan66
04-24-2004, 11:16 PM
:up:

Demon
04-24-2004, 11:18 PM
This is GREAT news !!

Josh Reed will lead us to the glory land. He's 5'10..... WHOOHOOO!!!

It's nice you pointed out the good players under 6 foot, now post all the players who have failed in the NFL who are under 6 feet...

ryjam282
04-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Nice post T, I have been on the Evans bandwagon for awhile. He will be just fine.

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Demon
This is GREAT news !!

Josh Reed will lead us to the glory land. He's 5'10..... WHOOHOOO!!!

It's nice you pointed out the good players under 6 foot, now post all the players who have failed in the NFL who are under 6 feet...

Hmm don't you like Josh Reed?!:dizzy:

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:23 PM
now post all the players who have failed in the NFL who are under 6 feet...

ok.. right after you post all the ones OVER 6 ft that have failed.

Demon
04-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Hmm don't you like Josh Reed?!:dizzy:

Yeah i love Josh Reed. I think he will be a very solid #2 WR for years to come. And I think he's better then Lee Evens.

Demon
04-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

ok.. right after you post all the ones OVER 6 ft that have failed.

How about i post all the 6 and over footers who won the SB like you did?

All i am saying is, we can go forever in a discussion saying that other under 6 footers have won the SB so Evens will be fine. Evens is his own player.

Out of the WR's available i think we should have picked Mike Clayton, but i was more hoping for a Will Smith then a Evens.

The Spaz
04-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Yeah i love Josh Reed. I think he will be a very solid #2 WR for years to come. And I think he's better then Lee Evens.

Then why won't Reed help us to the glory land like you stated?

Demon
04-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Then why won't Reed help us to the glory land like you stated?

I meant it since he's under 6 foot that means he will take over being the #1 WR and dominate.... based on his size alone.

I love Reed, i like the kid, i'm a fan of his, but i won't shy away that he's been a disappointment so far. Although i do think he will rebound next season.

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:34 PM
All i am saying is, we can go forever in a discussion saying that other under 6 footers have won the SB so Evens will be fine. Evens is his own player.

Out of the WR's available i think we should have picked Mike Clayton, but i was more hoping for a Will Smith then a Evens.

i was simply pointing out that the biggest complaint that people seem to have with evans is the fact that he is 5'10".. but there are plenty of current players that are built just like him and highly successful. that was my point.

and people were clamoring for a speed receiver.. evans fills that role perfectly.. in fact, the only one that could have done it better is roy williams.

while i think that clayton is going to be a good pro.. i dont see how he would have helped us with speed. he is the slowest of all the wrs taken in the first three rounds.

CWOUSARET
04-25-2004, 12:09 AM
good point - and dont forget the old school trio receivers of clark, monk and sanders who abused us in a superbowl.

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET
good point - and dont forget the old school trio receivers of clark, monk and sanders who abused us in a superbowl.

yeah.. but todays game is differnt then back then.. so i wanted to keep it recent..

but another thing that people need to realize too is that the nlf is cracking down on the defensive backs holding the receivers.. that only helps a guy like evans.

juice
04-25-2004, 12:16 AM
6'0 isn't considered short for a reciever, maybe a Lineman but not a reciever. Evans is 5'10 so there will be a question until he proves himself.