PDA

View Full Version : The Drew Truce is OVER.

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:54 PM
i will say whatever the hell i want to about him whenever it strikes me too.

:candle:

DraftBoy
Thank God! Nice to have you back

LtBillsFan66
You think Losman is ready to step right in?

DraftBoy
04-24-2004, 11:56 PM
I fixed your title :)

hehe

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
You think Losman is ready to step right in?

i think he will need to be before half way through the season when the fans start booing him after ever turnover..

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 12:00 AM
May as well. We spent a ton on him so we may as well start the process sooner rather than later.

I just wish it was Ben going in there. :(

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
May as well. We spent a ton on him so we may as well start the process sooner rather than later.

I just wish it was Ben going in there. :(

your attitude towards losman is so utterly disappointing to me, kal.. really.

LtBillsFan66
04-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i will say whatever the hell i want to about him whenever it strikes me too.

:candle:

Originally posted by DraftBoy
Thank God! Nice to have you back

Are you guys an item?

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 12:22 AM

your attitude towards losman is so utterly disappointing to me, kal.. really.

I'm sorry man but that's my take. It was too much for what we got. Although you don't respect alot of the people in the press, I go by what I read, and it wasn't a good trade.

My opinion is that TD should have worked out a deal for Ben. It was only 2 spots up. That, or saved or #1 and filled other needs. IMO, when the big 3 were gone, so were our chances for a franchise QB. Hope I'm wrong, but that's how I feel.

LtBillsFan66
04-25-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm sorry man but that's my take. It was too much for what we got. Although you don't respect alot of the people in the press, I go by what I read, and it wasn't a good trade.

My opinion is that TD should have worked out a deal for Ben. It was only 2 spots up. That, or saved or #1 and filled other needs. IMO, when the big 3 were gone, so were our chances for a franchise QB. Hope I'm wrong, but that's how I feel.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Are you sure you're not a dolphins fan?

:jk:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 12:25 AM

You should be ashamed of yourself. Are you sure you're not a dolphins fan?

:jk:

:tongue:

;)

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 12:26 AM

well you need to see the kid first then, if all your going by is what you read on the internet.

that is all i can say. jp losman is now our future. big ben is a steeler.

for a guy that crys about bledsoe so much.. and says that you would have been happy with jeff blake or kordell... you should be doing backflips..

put down kipers draft guide and stop reading what john clayton writes.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 12:32 AM

well you need to see the kid first then, if all your going by is what you read on the internet.

that is all i can say. jp losman is now our future. big ben is a steeler.

for a guy that crys about bledsoe so much.. and says that you would have been happy with jeff blake or kordell... you should be doing backflips..

put down kipers draft guide and stop reading what john clayton writes.

No offense man but I will take the word of people who do this for a living over anyone on this board. Granted they can be wrong at any given time, but as you even said in another post those people make a living from rating personnel. It all comes down to whose professional opinion you choose to believe. You choose TD's, I choose other sources.

The reason I'm not doing backflips is because I don't believe we drafted the answer to our QB future. If it turns out that way then great. I'll eat my hat. But at this moment in time I feel we should have either managed a trade up or saved our #1, #2 and #5.

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 12:35 AM
No offense man but I will take the word of people who do this for a living over anyone on this board. Granted they can be wrong at any given time, but as you even said in another post those people make a living from rating personnel.

the people making a living RUNNING OUR TEAM picked him.. and they have a much better track record than mel ***** kiper.

kal.. you seriously need to give this kid a chance.. what does it hurt to do that? and what do you gain by *****ing about him and screaming that we made a huge mistake??

i am not trying to be harsh.. your one of my favorite posters.. but i am just so dissappointed, because normally you are rational and level headed about this stuff.. but your evaluation of this situation is just waay off.

Dozerdog
04-25-2004, 12:40 AM

And what (or who) was willing to trade with Buffalo?

Houston really wanted a CB. Jax rreally wanted Reg. Williams. Both were afraid the Jets would draft their guy if they traded to 13.

Would giving up our 1,2 and 2005 1 be satisfactory? It takes two to trade. To think TD sat on his hands with his thumb up his ass not willing to talk to anyone is quite presumptuous.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 12:43 AM

the people making a living RUNNING OUR TEAM picked him.. and they have a much better track record than mel ***** kiper.

kal.. you seriously need to give this kid a chance.. what does it hurt to do that? and what do you gain by *****ing about him and screaming that we made a huge mistake??

i am not trying to be harsh.. your one of my favorite posters.. but i am just so dissappointed, because normally you are rational and level headed about this stuff.. but your evaluation of this situation is just waay off.

You respect ingtar though, right? Even he wasn't happy about Losman. The only positive he could say was his arm strength.

Anyway, just give me the day to vent. I was just SO pissed we didn't get Ben (or Rivers) that I can't even begin to tell you. I really felt that one of those 2 guys would be wearing a Bills' jersey and was so excited about that happening. Now that we lost our #1 next year, it just feels like we won't know about this trade for 2 more years, i.e., we won't know about Losman until '06 after he's had a year and and we likely won't get our #1 pick next April. It felt like getting the wind knocked out of me.

juice
04-25-2004, 12:46 AM
Are you guys an item?

:mex:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

And what (or who) was willing to trade with Buffalo?

Houston really wanted a CB. Jax rreally wanted Reg. Williams. Both were afraid the Jets would draft their guy if they traded to 13.

Would giving up our 1,2 and 2005 1 be satisfactory? It takes two to trade. To think TD sat on his hands with his thumb up his ass not willing to talk to anyone is quite presumptuous.

I certainly don't think he sat there on his ass, but I do think it's possible he didn't have the negotiation skills/charisma/whatever to make it happen in the end. I agree I am presuming but I admitted that earlier.

I do think though that if he had offered our 1, 2, and 5 from this year and our 1 from next year that we would have had a chance to move up. Yes, that's conjecture, but given other trades and past history I believe that would be a pretty sweet deal for a #11 pick.

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2004, 12:51 AM
NO OFFENSIVE LINE! OF COURSE BLEDSOE WILL GET SACKED.