PDA

View Full Version : The JP bandwagon...

Fryin' The Fish
04-25-2004, 03:32 AM
I'm going to have to go against what most people seem to think about TD and his drafting tatics and say that I think he did a very good job...He covered the holes the Bills had in the reciever position, and got a young gun to learn from Bledsoe and be at pro level in a year or two. Evans is healthy and a good WR...he wont be great this year but he has potential, and thats all you can really ask for from a player. JP can learn from Bledsoe for a year or maybe even two so he will be set soon. The only thing I didnt like was the fact that TD gave up our 2005 1st round pick...that made me question him for a second...but TD knows what hes doing, and he might have a better chance at the playoffs soon.

BillsFever
04-25-2004, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Fryin' The Fish
I'm going to have to go against what most people seem to think about TD and his drafting tatics and say that I think he did a very good job...He covered the holes the Bills had in the reciever position, and got a young gun to learn from Bledsoe and be at pro level in a year or two. Evans is healthy and a good WR...he wont be great this year but he has potential, and thats all you can really ask for from a player. JP can learn from Bledsoe for a year or maybe even two so he will be set soon. The only thing I didnt like was the fact that TD gave up our 2005 1st round pick...that made me question him for a second...but TD knows what hes doing, and he might have a better chance at the playoffs soon.

Keep him as far away from Bledsoe as humanly possible. Bledsoe is 32 and still can't accurately read a defense or blitz any better then he did as a rookie if not worse. We don't need Bledsoe to teach him how to get sacked, throw stupid INT's, stare down his first option when other guys are wide open waving their arms in the air, or to show him how to have a "I don't give a damn" heartless attitude on the sidelines.

His teaching is for Mularkey, Clements, and Wyche to take care of. Hopefully whatever Bledsoe tells him he will do the total opposite.

TypicalBill
04-25-2004, 03:46 AM
throw stupid INT's, stare down his first option when other guys are wide open waving their arms in the air

The game @ Miami ? :D

i think i remember that one, i was screaming my lungs out "go to Henry!"

Fryin' The Fish
04-25-2004, 03:49 AM
Im sorry, what was I thinking?!! Bledsoe better not screw up Losman like he screws up everything else.

BillsFever
04-25-2004, 03:50 AM
I forgot teaching him how to throw the ball away on 4th down too.

Glad to see we have such a great veteran QB to show him the ropes. :rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 03:56 AM
Don't get me started. ;)

matt
04-25-2004, 09:25 AM
I love the pick of Losman so I will jump on the band wagon, but I dont think you give Drew enough Credit. I truly blame most of last years woes on the coaches. Did you ever have a boss tell you to do something that was just totally assnine. Of course you tried to tell him it was wrong,but he insists, so you have to do it anyway. I think that is why Drew struggled, Brown is gone, and countless times on the sideline Fletcher and company where looking so pissed.

Alluro
04-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever

Keep him as far away from Bledsoe as humanly possible. Bledsoe is 32 and still can't accurately read a defense or blitz any better then he did as a rookie if not worse. We don't need Bledsoe to teach him how to get sacked, throw stupid INT's, stare down his first option when other guys are wide open waving their arms in the air, or to show him how to have a "I don't give a damn" heartless attitude on the sidelines.

His teaching is for Mularkey, Clements, and Wyche to take care of. Hopefully whatever Bledsoe tells him he will do the total opposite.

classic

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by matt
I love the pick of Losman so I will jump on the band wagon, but I dont think you give Drew enough Credit. I truly blame most of last years woes on the coaches. Did you ever have a boss tell you to do something that was just totally assnine. Of course you tried to tell him it was wrong,but he insists, so you have to do it anyway. I think that is why Drew struggled, Brown is gone, and countless times on the sideline Fletcher and company where looking so pissed.

Yeah...that's the way a lot of us think...but you have others who blame it all on the QB :shakeno:

Halbert
04-25-2004, 09:43 AM
It's gonna be so much fun to resurrect these posts when Drew is doing well.

Alluro
04-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
It's gonna be so much fun to resurrect these posts when Drew is doing well.

I think drew will look good too when he has terry glenn, keyshawn, and antonio bryant to throw to...at least until he's put in a situation with some pressure

Jan Reimers
Originally posted by BillsFever

Are you always this childish?

Hamilton Billsfan
I'm of the opposite opinon, look how Brady developed behind Bledsoe,

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Hamilton billsfan
I'm of the opposite opinon, look how Brady developed behind Bledsoe,

exactly...and I see no reason to think Bledsoe will hurt Losman

Bill Brasky
04-25-2004, 01:18 PM
I have said it before and i'll say it again -- I am neither a Bledsoe lover or hater, but I will say that I support him because he is our QB and some of the comments you guys make are sort of ridiculous. Just because Bledsoe and the rest of the team sucked last year doesn't mean he can't TEACH a younger guy how to play the position. And I think some of you should lay off the bashing of our starting QB, regardless of who it may be and regardless of if it's Bledsoe and you hate him... everybody makes mistakes... and if you have ever played QB you know how hard it is to try and play well when you have 8 guy rushing you at once no matter how open a reciever might be... or maybe you don't. It doesn't help any when your best reciever was injured all year and the rest of the recievers dropped passes all the time. Sure, Drew made a million mistakes last year, but why not blame the linemen who missed blocks, recievers who were running wrong routes and dropping passes left and right, and the coaches who told TRAVIS HENRY to pass the ball on the 1 ****ing yard line on 1st down. Give the guy a break... if you think you can QB better than him or anybody else go try out for the team and stop putting all the blame for the entire team sucking on one person. I really hope Losman doesn't make any mistakes so everyone here can critisize every single snap he takes.

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
I have said it before and i'll say it again -- I am neither a Bledsoe lover or hater, but I will say that I support him because he is our QB and some of the comments you guys make are sort of ridiculous. Just because Bledsoe and the rest of the team sucked last year doesn't mean he can't TEACH a younger guy how to play the position. And I think some of you should lay off the bashing of our starting QB, regardless of who it may be and regardless of if it's Bledsoe and you hate him... everybody makes mistakes... and if you have ever played QB you know how hard it is to try and play well when you have 8 guy rushing you at once no matter how open a reciever might be... or maybe you don't. It doesn't help any when your best reciever was injured all year and the rest of the recievers dropped passes all the time. Sure, Drew made a million mistakes last year, but why not blame the linemen who missed blocks, recievers who were running wrong routes and dropping passes left and right, and the coaches who told TRAVIS HENRY to pass the ball on the 1 ****ing yard line on 1st down. Give the guy a break... if you think you can QB better than him or anybody else go try out for the team and stop putting all the blame for the entire team sucking on one person. I really hope Losman doesn't make any mistakes so everyone here can critisize every single snap he takes.

well said jfreeman

justasportsfan
04-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
It's gonna be so much fun to resurrect these posts when Drew is doing well. :D

justasportsfan
04-25-2004, 01:27 PM
The thing that JP can learn from Drew is how to keep cool and don't mouth off. JP could surely use that being too outspoken and arrogant.

Let your performance speak rather than your mouth.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Forgive me if I don't book my seat on teh JP Bandwagon just yet. I'm still recovering from my injuries sustained when i got run over by the Rob Johnson wagon. Funny thing, This bandwagon looks very similar. It looks a little shaky to me, I'm surprised it passed inspection. It's got a big motor, but sounds like the Muffler is shot, it only seats 1, and we paid way too much from the dealer that looked like Jerry Jones.

Oh and as for Drew the coach, Riiiiiight, I remember how much he screwed up that other guy he coached... what's his name.... TOM BRADY? yeah, the guy that came to him 1st after every series and listend the whole time ON THEIR WAY TO WINNING THE SUPER BOWL. I'd hate that to happen to us.

Remember, it is better to remain silent and seem a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Bill Brasky
04-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!

Remember, it is better to remain silent and seem a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Whoa... that's deep. Somebody just got football served.

:fabulous:

Demon
04-25-2004, 09:32 PM
I'm not happy with the trade and not happy with Losman. However, he is a Buffalo Bill right now and i will support him as i do everyone on this team. I really hope this kid proves me wrong, but he's a Bill and i hope nothing but the best for him.

smack541
04-26-2004, 03:10 AM
J.P. Losman=Badass!! :punk:

hemi13
04-26-2004, 07:04 AM
I think JP will turn into a very good QB, but let's stop the Drew Bashing, please.

doug45
04-26-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by hemi13
I think JP will turn into a very good QB, but let's stop the Drew Bashing, please.

I don't think RJ or that's JP will work out but that's what we got. Drew needs to know when it it's time to retire. Jim Kelly knew when it was time and went out with a ton of class. That is why people have even more respect for him know then ever. If a player keeps going until he becomes a joke on the field he will pay for that for years.

BillsFanCupp38
04-26-2004, 07:26 AM
Losman is the man of the future. I think we gave them too much for him, but it happends. Like sam wyche was saying u might not be able to get a qb next year or the year after that, so you gotta get one now. Only time can tell if it was the right decision

caveboy
04-26-2004, 08:02 AM
We gave up a 1st-round pick to NE in the Bledsoe trade if I remember correctly, so losing this one for another QB couldn't be much worse. The media was also saying how cocky Losman is. I say good. It's about time we had a QB with confidence like that. Jim Kelly had that same attitude and no one complained.

I'm just glad we also picked up some bodies at DT and the OL.

elltrain22
04-26-2004, 09:15 AM
I am definely on JP's wagon...