PDA

View Full Version : At least one good thing came out of the Losman pick

BillsFever
04-25-2004, 04:11 AM
Bledsoe's fate has now been sealed in a Buffalo Bills uniform for the 2005 season. No way his age, production, salary and the 7 million dollar bonus will bring him back in 2005 with a young QB around that we gave up two first round picks for.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Bledsoe stinks up the joint this year like he did last year that he won't be released before that November deadline to save on the 2 million dollar roster bonus he would be due for being on the team.

If he is miserable again this year and we have no shot at the playoffs then just cut the loser in November(which would be around week 9) and let Losman take the field for the rest of the season for much needed experience going into the 2005 season.

TypicalBill
04-25-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Bledsoe's fate has now been sealed in a Buffalo Bills uniform for the 2005 season. No way his age, production, salary and the 7 million dollar bonus will bring him back in 2005 with a young QB around that we gave up two first round picks for.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Bledsoe stinks up the joint this year like he did last year that he won't be released before that November deadline to save on the 2 million dollar roster bonus he would be due for being on the team.

If he is miserable again this year and we have no shot at the playoffs then just cut the loser in November(which would be around week 9) and let Losman take the field for the rest of the season for much needed experience going into the 2005 season.

I think he's gone after the season too...they wont give him that 7 mil signing bonus.

with a young QB around that we gave up two first round picks for.

not really, we only gave up 1 first rounder, which is next year's. We moved up from the 11th spot of the 2nd round.

BillsFever
04-25-2004, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill

not really, we only gave up 1 first rounder, which is next year's. We moved up from the 11th spot of the 2nd round.

Yeah, we did move up from the 2nd round to take Losman, but it is still two first round picks for him when it's all said and done.

TypicalBill
04-25-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Yeah, we did move up from the 2nd round to take Losman, but it is still two first round picks for him when it's all said and done.

how so?

Lee Evans was the first pick, so thats out of the way..

i can only think of next year's first rounder.

:feedback:

TypicalBill
04-25-2004, 04:53 AM
are you including the 1st we used this year to pick him? if thats the case, then i get what you're saying...

BillsFever
04-25-2004, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
are you including the 1st we used this year to pick him? if thats the case, then i get what you're saying...

Yeppers.