PDA

View Full Version : What would you have done on day 1?

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2004, 08:50 AM
Lot of second guessing as usual.

TD always has to make a splash on draft day, for good or for bad.

So, I figure we should all post what we would have done instead.

Here's mine:

1st round - TRADE DOWN (7-10 spots) people were on trading wildfire and we could EASILY have gotten another 2nd round pick or more. I like Evans but i would have taken my chances with him Woods or Jenkins being there at the bottom of rnd 1.

2nd - Justin Smiley - Oline hep we need and Smiley a solid pick. Otherwise I'd go with Jake Grove C who was also there.

(if we got another 2nd via trade - If it was high definately Ben Troupe who went 8th. If it was low, Sean Jones FS or Dwan Edwards. Or maybe even the other of Smiley or Grove.)

3rd - Matt Schaub QB - May not have all the physical tools as Losman but is just as good a prospect right now and isn't nearly as abraisive and risky. no one would compare him to RJ I'm sure.

Anyway, That's what I'd have done and it makes our team better, gives us a QB AND WE GET TO KEEP OUR PICKS. Imagine that!

So I got a good QB prospect, Speedy WR, Oline help and either a DT, TE or FS, AND i kept our 5th and more importantly our 1st next year. But hindsight is 20-20.