PDA

View Full Version : DT Tim Anderson

RedEyE
04-25-2004, 09:53 AM
I like the Anderson pick more and more. The Bills said they were going to draft more physical players, and I'll be damned if they didn't do just that. Anderson is one tough SOB that has some experiencein the DE postion, but what's even more important is that he will be a nice fill in for Sam Adams and Phat Pat. Both of those guys are getting older and it's just a matter of time before we lose one to age or injury. Anderson could learn a lot of amazing things from those guys, and he has speed on top of that.

Let's talk about Offensive lineman for a second.
Too many O lineman still on the board. This makes me really happy. The best talent has already been plucked, but there is still a hell of a lot of decent prospects to choose from. I think the Bills should focus on TE in either the 4th or 5th rounds, and snag another CB with their other choice.

However there is one particular guy that I'm very set on Buffalo grabbing, and the way things are shaping up, he could be easily had in the top of the 7th, if not the bottom of the 7th round. We need depth on line. More importanlty we need a G.
Kevin Sampson from Syracuse. If the Bills want to continue drafting physical players, this guy has it all. Kevin Sampson, is a tough OT out of Syracuse, 6'4" 320+ lbs, runs the 40 in 4.93 (faster than Gallery) seconds, and was also an undefeated college wrestler. He could easily make the move to G, and with a little training, might be starting on the Bills line next season.

Even if the Bills decide not to go with Sampson, the talent level for O Line should be pretty thick in the 7th.

BigZ
04-25-2004, 11:27 AM
good

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 11:38 AM
coulpe of things redeye.. first off.. good post..

anderson was the rock in the middle that really helped will smith play well.. will smith may have got all the publicity, along darian scott at the two defensive ends, which is common.. but you can bet your ass that they wouldnt be going so high in this draft if they didnt have a stud like anderson in the middle.

as far as the Oline.. there will be some guys left in the 7th even, but this draft still has alot of olineman on the board, because this was a VERY weak offensive line draft.. out of all the positions.. i would say oline was the weakest.

we know that TD wants to bring in one more guy on the oline.. or he would not have gone after bobbie williams. there is still a good chance that a guy like larry allen or others will be cut. the addition of players to the team is not done.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

anderson was the rock in the middle that really helped will smith play well.. will smith may have got all the publicity, along darian scott at the two defensive ends, which is common.. but you can bet your ass that they wouldnt be going so high in this draft if they didnt have a stud like anderson in the middle.

as far as the Oline.. there will be some guys left in the 7th even, but this draft still has alot of olineman on the board, because this was a VERY weak offensive line draft.. out of all the positions.. i would say oline was the weakest.

we know that TD wants to bring in one more guy on the oline.. or he would not have gone after bobbie williams. there is still a good chance that a guy like larry allen or others will be cut. the addition of players to the team is not done.

Agreed. I'm the camp that the O-line is one of the few FA positions that actually work when they are picked up. So while I would like a stud OL draftee, I think you can grab one in FA with a high degree of certainty it will work out (unlike a QB or WR where the success rate is far lower IMO)

The Spaz
04-25-2004, 11:44 AM

Very nice rational thoughts!:up::beers:

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Dont think Larry Allen will be cut but agreed there will be alot of guys avail in the 7th

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
Agreed. I'm the camp that the O-line is one of the few FA positions that actually work when they are picked up. So while I would like a stud OL draftee, I think you can grab one in FA with a high degree of certainty it will work out (unlike a QB or WR where the success rate is far lower IMO)

first post of yours that i can agree with since the draft started! :up:

:snicker:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 11:50 AM

first post of yours that i can agree with since the draft started! :up:

:snicker:

:tongue:

;)