PDA

View Full Version : Okay, TD...let's see you make another splash today!

Michael82
04-25-2004, 09:57 AM
I think you need to find a way to get another 4th or a 5th, because of all the players available. I'd love to see Donahoe send Bobby Shaw somewhere for a 4th or 5th rounder. Then we could draft Peters, Karney, Poole, Dorsey, or anyone else who is still there. Or if you have to...trade a 4th rounder next year for a 5th rounder this year. You gotta do something! :D :pray:

helmetguy
04-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Anyone got a tranquilizer for Mikey?

Michael82
04-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy

:mad:

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 10:33 AM
:lolpoint:
Originally posted by Mikey82

Ebenezer
04-25-2004, 10:34 AM

we can only wish :snicker:

hintexas
04-25-2004, 10:34 AM
I think that tarding Shaw here is a good idea. I like Shaw but we now have 3 good receivers and could use that pick to get the fullback or lineman needed. Shaw is better then the receivers beingpicked here too.

helmetguy
04-25-2004, 10:38 AM

Calm, Son! Think calm thoughts! Breathe in.....breathe out.....breathe in.....breathe out.....

Feel better?

Michael82
04-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Calm, Son! Think calm thoughts! Breathe in.....breathe out.....breathe in.....breathe out.....

Feel better?

NO! Now i'm more pissed! We have no picks until the 7th round and we are going to lose out on FB Karney, plus we took Euhus over Ben Utecht or Peters. :mad:

Michael82
04-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by hintexas
I think that tarding Shaw here is a good idea. I like Shaw but we now have 3 good receivers and could use that pick to get the fullback or lineman needed. Shaw is better then the receivers beingpicked here too.

EXACTLY! TD should be trying to wheel and deal Shaw for a 4th or 5th rounder, rather than him getting cut after TC.

Philly Zoner
04-25-2004, 10:50 AM
I think Utecht was gone already.

Euhus was the last guy in the draft with a reconstructed knee--of COURSE TD was going to get him for our little gimp brigade

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 10:51 AM
EXACTLY! TD should be trying to wheel and deal Shaw for a 4th or 5th rounder, rather than him getting cut after TC.
What makes you think he'd be cut? He out-played Josh Reed a lot of the time in 2003. :huh:

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Philly Zoner
I think Utecht was gone already.

nope...still on the board :cynic:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/tracker/position?id=86

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 10:54 AM

NO! Now i'm more pissed! We have no picks until the 7th round and we are going to lose out on FB Karney, plus we took Euhus over Ben Utecht or Peters. :mad:

Par for the course IMO. Mark my words, this will go down as a bad draft year. :cynic:

Michael82
04-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
What makes you think he'd be cut? He out-played Josh Reed a lot of the time in 2003. :huh:

The depth chart will be...

1. Eric Moulds
2. Lee Evans
3. Josh Reed
4. Bobby Shaw OR Sam Aiken
5. Sam Aiken OR Bobby Shaw
6. Clarence Coleman
7. Antonio Brown

I don't see why you would get rid of Aiken...he looks like he is going to be good. Coleman looked good at times, and will probably be gone. Antonio Brown is all we have for our return team and will most likely stay.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Philly Zoner
Euhus was the last guy in the draft with a reconstructed knee--of COURSE TD was going to get him for our little gimp brigade

Both funny and depressing at the same time.

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 10:57 AM
The depth chart will be...

1. Eric Moulds
2. Lee Evans
3. Josh Reed
4. Bobby Shaw OR Sam Aiken
5. Sam Aiken OR Bobby Shaw
6. Clarence Coleman
7. Antonio Brown

I don't see why you would get rid of Aiken...he looks like he is going to be good. Coleman looked good at times, and will probably be gone. Antonio Brown is all we have for our return team and will most likely stay.

I'd use Evans at KR, dump Antonio Brown, and have Evans and Reed and 2a and 2b

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-25-2004, 11:07 AM
I think it would be great to trade Shaw for a 4th or 5th.

Who's the best player left with a reconstructed knee?

Michael82
04-25-2004, 11:12 AM
I'd use Evans at KR, dump Antonio Brown, and have Evans and Reed and 2a and 2b

No way should you use your future #2 receiver as a KR. He never did it at Wisconsin. If anything...he's more of the Steve Tasker (gunner) type. and our ST is missing that.

Philly Zoner
04-25-2004, 11:26 AM

nope...still on the board :cynic:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/tracker/position?id=86

you're right about Utecht....I was thinking of Ben Hartsock, who went earlier

no real complaints I guess. Euhus and Utecht seem like similar players--nice pass catchers but shaky on the blocking. I'll trust TD to make the 4th round choice between them cause I haven't seen either play.

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Mikey,

TD won't pick any of the players you listed because that would be following the common logic around the NFL. That's no way to make a reputation for yourself as a "riverboat gambler" that's always looking for the diamonds in the rough.

Pretty much after round 3, if you have a list of the Top 5 players at each position, you can rest assured TD will pick someone different.

Why sign a TE in the 4th when we could have signed 3 different TEs with NFL experience in FA? The Bills could have used that pick on one of the remaining O-lineman and gave McNally something to work with. You see that would have made good football sense.

But there's no high risk/ high reward there. Not enough of a gamble for the "poker player."