PDA

View Full Version : With the 109th pick in the NFL Draft the Bills take...Tim Euhus

Ebenezer
04-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Tim Euhus TE

Philly Zoner
04-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Tim Whohas?

casdhf
04-25-2004, 10:42 AM
SELECTED BY BUFFALO , ROUND 4, PICK 13, OVERALL PICK 109
TE | (6'5", 249, 4.84) | OREGON STATE | COLLEGE STATS
Data from Scouts, Inc.

Grade: 60
Comments: Euhus is an H-back/receiving tight end with adequate size potential, good height, plus speed and very good hands. He's a talented pass-catcher who does best working from the slot or coming off the line in motion. He gains separation with his quickness and speed. Is a tough matchup for linebackers because of his speed and is a tough for safeties because of his size. Very good hands. Catches ball away from his body and on the run. Has made several catches in critical situations. Shows good body control along the sideline and is a smooth runner with a second gear after the catch. He is a tough, scrappy blocker who is best in space, where he can use his athleticism and speed to gain position. But durability is a big concern following a 2001 knee injury. Euhus is also somewhat undersized and is more of an H-back prospect. He's a tough, aggressive blocker but has problems inline. Does not have great strength or power, is more of a finesse, position-and-wall-off blocker who will struggle at the point of attack in certain situations. He also must get clean release from the line when pressed. Euhus played basketball at Oregon State his first two seasons, but gave it up following the 2001 football season. He wound up having reconstructive anterior cruciate ligament surgery in the spring prior to the '02 season, but recovered nicely and had 19 receptions for 385 yards. Euhus improved his draft value with a strong senior season of 49 receptions for 645 yards and seven touchdowns. He is a better receiver than blocker, but has the potential to develop into a solid all-around player. He has adequate size and is a tough, aggressive blocker who gives a great effort. He is a good athlete with adequate speed and solid hands. Durability is a concern, and he must add bulk to match up better as an inline blocker, but Euhus stayed healthy as a senior and his star is rising because of his athleticism, pass-catching ability and size potential. Euhus is likely to be selected in the middle-to-late rounds and should become a solid sub-package contributor.

* Player biographies are provided

Philly Zoner
04-25-2004, 10:43 AM
that shoulda read Tim Whohus?

casdhf
04-25-2004, 10:43 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/tracker/player?id=7962

hintexas
04-25-2004, 10:47 AM
He sounds like he could be a good TE but I think the Bills should have taken Nick Leckey

Philly Zoner
04-25-2004, 10:47 AM
TD definately has a reconstructed knee fetish...

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 10:48 AM
War Room analysis
Strengths: Is an H-back prospect with adequate size, good height, above-average speed and good hands. Is best when working out of the slot or coming off the line in motion. Does a nice job of gaining separation with his quickness and speed. Is a tough matchup for linebackers because of his speed and is a tough matchup for safeties because of his size. Will catch passes away from his body and on the run, and has made several catches in critical situations. Shows good body control along the sidelines and is a smooth runner with a second gear after the catch. Is a tough, scrappy blocker. Blocks best in the open field, where he gains position with his athleticism and speed.

Weaknesses: Durability is a big concern following a 2001 knee injury. Has had problems staying healthy. Is somewhat undersized and is more of an H-back prospect. Is a tough, aggressive blocker but is much better in the open field. Lacks great strength and power as a blocker. Is more of a finesse, position-and-wall-off blocker and will struggle at the point of attack. Must improve his ability to get a clean release from the line of scrimmage when pressed.

Bottom line: Euhus recovered from knee surgery and played well in 2002, and then improved his draft value with a strong senior season. He is a better receiver than blocker, but he could develop into a solid player. He has adequate size and is a tough, aggressive blocker who gives a great effort. He is a good athlete with adequate speed and good hands. Durability is a concern, and he must add bulk to match up as a blocker. However, he stayed healthy as a senior and is on the rise because of his athleticism, pass-catching ability and size potential. Euhus likely will be a middle- to late-round pick and should become a sub-package contributor as a pass-catching tight end or H-back.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is big and a former basketball player. Has some athletic ability. Shows good hands, but is stiff when running routes. Lacks strength as a blocker. Showed explosiveness during nice Combine workout. No. 12 on Pompei's TE rankings

matt
04-25-2004, 10:50 AM
I dont Know if PK Sam is still available but if he is I hope we go for him. I know we picked a reciever already but he can return kicks too. Also he is big so in a couple of years when Moulds is gone we still have a descent 1-2 combo for our offense.

Ebenezer
04-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Weaknesses: Durability is a big concern following a 2001 knee injury. Has had problems staying healthy.

Some men like 'em blonde...some like 'em buxom...TD likes 'em injured? :idunno:

The Spaz
04-25-2004, 10:52 AM
I like it Kiper and Pro Football Weekly have him as the best TE available besiders Jason Peters. Good pick.:up::beers:

juice
04-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Why not Dorsey?

This TE is 6'5 250 lbs and he's undersized? Another TE project?

The Spaz
04-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Tim Euhus also did 25 reps of 225 so he is strong enough.

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Some men like 'em blonde...some like 'em buxom...TD likes 'em injured? :iduuno:

This worries me, I'll admit. :cynic:

The Spaz
04-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by juice
Why not Dorsey?

This TE is 6'5 250 lbs and he's undersized? Another TE project?

What other TE projects do we have? Also Euhus came in the combine at 6'5 258 Lbs. His knee injury was 2001 and it is now 2004.

Bert102176
04-25-2004, 10:57 AM
he's not much of a blocker

Bert102176
04-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Dorsey was just takin

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2004, 11:08 AM
TD has officially lost his mind.

The Spaz
04-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Tim Euhus had 49 catches for 645 yards with 7 td's and a 13.2 yard receiving average. Pretty good if you ask me.

venis2k1
04-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Why didnt we get jason peters??????

TypicalBill
04-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Tremendous leader and team player who sacrificed personal success for that of the team during his career with the Beavers … Considered to be one of the best pass-catching tight ends in the collegiate ranks, Euhus started 37 consecutive games while playing in 49 contests at OSU … A fine all-around athlete, he also competed for the school's basketball team as a freshman … The civil engineering major not only had a fine career on the football field, but he also excelled in the classroom and found love on campus, marrying OSU graduate Michelle Davis last June … For his career, he hauled in 98 passes for 1,346 yards (13.7 avg.) and nine touchdowns … Only Phil Ross (153 for 1,827 yards, 1985-89) had more catches and receiving yards by a tight end in school history … Has the distinction of earning a letter in basketball (1999-2000) at OSU before earning a letter in football, even though he was on a football scholarship … The last dual football-basketball letterman at OSU was another tight end, Justin Moore, who lettered in basketball as well as football in 1996.
ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a rangy, angular build with the ability to add at least 15 more pounds with no loss of speed … Comes off the line with adequate quickness when running long routes and runs hard all the time, using his leg drive and stiff-arm to run through tacklers … Knows how to use his hands to avoid the jam at the line of scrimmage and weaves through the under-coverage to sink down nicely for the ball … Has good knee bend and hip swerve, using his frame to push and leverage defenders getting into his routes … Capable of making sharp cuts and shows a good relationship with the quarterback, knowing when to come back to find the seam in the short zone when the passer is flushed out of the pocket looking for secondary targets … Presents a good-sized target over the middle and soft hands to ease the ball into his body … Has the body control to get to the off-target throws, especially doing a nice job down field of locking the ball in over his shoulders … Maintains concentration going for the pass in traffic, showing willingness to sacrifice his body to get to the pigskin … Shows good determination to get to the ball when running the seams and has enough athletic ability to get down field and be a threat on long routes … Athletic jumper with good body control, showing ability to frame off-target passes and make the tough catches with defenders draped all over him … Shows a solid leg base, knee bend and face-up determination when asked to block in the short area (more of a finesse blocker).

Click for more... (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/tim_euhus)

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 11:42 AM

This worries me, I'll admit. :cynic:

One of the good things that outside of the McGahee pick the two players hes taken here have come back from the injuries and regained full form so it doesnt worry me as much. He picked players this year that proved themselves after the injury.

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
One of the good things that outside of the McGahee pick the two players hes taken here have come back from the injuries and regained full form so it doesnt worry me as much. He picked players this year that proved themselves after the injury.
Always a plus :up: Guess I'm just a bit skeptical with our picks thus far in the draft..I didn't watch much college football this year so I've been going off what little I've read.

colin
04-25-2004, 11:46 AM
We got who we got for what they can do in OUR O.

Evans can burn and has ******ed hands (seriously, like Harrison hands, if he does not wear gloves everything he touches will stick to his hands), Losman is a uber talent with an attitude who will grow with good QB coaching and playing behind a vet (we have all of that).

Tim Euhus makes me think of one thing, TE fade or curl in the endzone, with him jumping for the ball, that is a good quick high percentage type play that we just never seem to get right. Remember how many times we would be first and goal at the 7 or 8, a quick flip up high to the TE might have won us an extra couple of games.

I like this draft, we had the crappiest passing game in a while, and we have added a few weapons right away and a QB to push drew, make him fix his pay, and a backup QB(seriously, we had basically no back up for the last few years).

juice
04-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
What other TE projects do we have? Also Euhus came in the combine at 6'5 258 Lbs. His knee injury was 2001 and it is now 2004.

We played musical TE's last year just to release one? I hope his knee is ok, but if it isn't, and him gaining weight to play the position, He could be an injury Issue. Was there a question in his profile about his durability?

Originally posted by venis2k1
Why didnt we get jason peters??????

At least you know he's healthy.

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2004, 11:52 AM
If only our QB had time to throw to our new offensive weapons.

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
If only our QB had time to throw to our new offensive weapons.

How do you know he won't? We upgraded drastically at RG and at line coach.

colin
04-25-2004, 12:10 PM
Once again:

"Athletic jumper with good body control, showing ability to frame off-target passes and make the tough catches with defenders draped all over him"

We now have size and speed (especially with McGahee playing) and Moulds and Reed in our O as passing threats. As much as losing Price, Jay Reem, and Centers in one season hurt us, I expect gaining McGahee, Evans, and Euhus could help us even more.

If we have our 2002 O with our 2003 D, we will be one very exciting team.

helmetguy
04-25-2004, 12:11 PM
How do you know he won't? We upgraded drastically at RG and at line coach.

Not to mention an offensive philosophy that doesn't require an advanced degree in Quantum Physics to understand, and one where plays develop over weeks, rather than in seconds.