PDA

View Full Version : The Best way to become a contender Quickly-upgrade the bottom half of the roster

matt
04-25-2004, 10:58 AM
This is how Parcells takes losers to respectability. He brings in guys who can contribute in small ways, it is cheaper then spending big bucks on stars and it has worked for the Patsies as well, who have very few stars but a roster full of good players. I like the approach of TD getting tougher and players who are competitors. These are guys like Evans who have been on top went to the bottom(because of injury) and got back on top again. thats why I like our first day and hope we continue the trend on day 2 and June 1 cuts.

helmetguy
04-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by matt
This is how Parcells takes losers to respectability. He brings in guys who can contribute in small ways, it is cheaper then spending big bucks on stars and it has worked for the Patsies as well, who have very few stars but a roster full of good players. I like the approach of TD getting tougher and players who are competitors. These are guys like Evans who have been on top went to the bottom(because of injury) and got back on top again. thats why I like our first day and hope we continue the trend on day 2 and June 1 cuts.

Well said. The direct counterpoint to the Dan Snyder "Buy Now/Pay Later" approach.

matt
04-25-2004, 11:26 AM
The TE in the 4th was probably good as well since he can play on passing downs and maybe make some plays, it will allow the bills to leave a TE out there and possibly make some mismatches.

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 11:35 AM
At 6'4 with 4.7 speed he creates instant matchup problems in the redzone.

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2004, 11:37 AM
He better be fast, cause the Oline still sucks in pass protection.

matt
04-25-2004, 12:12 PM
We dont really know if the O-Line sucks, lets see how they do when we dont leave just 5 guys into block with 7 guys blitzing and make our QB go through 5 different reads till he finds a target

helmetguy
04-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Only 5 reads? More like 243 different combinations when they were in 5-wide stets.

matt
04-25-2004, 12:25 PM
Well the self proclaimed genius that Gilbride was he couldnt make it simple he had to show everyone how complicated he could make things. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID- Marv Levy