Who the hell is that guy? :scratch:

At least he's OL. :up:

justasportsfan
04-25-2004, 02:48 PM
OT. can't find info

The_Philster
War Room analysis
Strengths: Is tall, has long arms and good size potential. Has the frame to continue to add bulk and is versatile—he can play anywhere along the line. Shows good lateral movement skills, runs well and is able to hit the moving target in space. Is a position-and-wall-off blocker who does a very good job with his feet and hands in the running game. Plays with good balance and leverage, has body control and can mirror and slide in pass protection. Keeps his weight balance and will be able to re-direct against the double move.

Weaknesses: Is lean. He needs to add bulk and lower-body strength because he gets pushed around too much by bigger, stronger defenders. Will have trouble adjusting to the size and strength of NFL linemen. Plays with leverage but is overmatched against a solid bull rush, He does not show good initial power on his punch or the leg strength to drive a defender off the line.

Bottom line: He shows enough promise as a versatile guard/tackle reserve in the NFL to either take a chance on in the late rounds or at bring in as a free agent.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is a big blocker with long arms. Shows average footwork, but knows how to use his hands. Struggles to anchor and gets little push. Is best suited to play right tackle. No. 18 on Pompei's OT rankings

T-Montana

hintexas
It took a while to draft an Offensive Lineman I hope he works out

mypoorfriendme
04-25-2004, 02:49 PM
6' 6" 286 OT Montana

strengths : has the frame to add bulk and can play anywhere along the line. shows good lateral movement, runs well and can hit moving targets. a position and walloff blocker who does a good job with feet and hands in run game. plays with balance, has body control and can mirror and slide in pass pro.

weaknesses: needs to add bulk and lowerbody strenth because he gets pushed around by bigger, stronger defenders. will have trouble adjusting to the size and strength of nfl linemen. plays with leverage but is overmatched against a solid bull rush. doesnt show good initial power with his punch or the leg strength to drive defenders off the line.

bottom line: shows enough promises as a tackle/gaurd resereve to draft late or to sign as a free agent

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Merged. :miyagi:

B-DON
04-25-2004, 02:52 PM
at least we went o-line, now hope that mcnally can work his ass into a quality player

HenryRules
04-25-2004, 02:54 PM
He's really light for an OT especially at 6'6". But at the 7th, you're obviously not gonna get a prototypical athlete ... hopefully he pans out.

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Very versatile can play any OL posistion. Only 286 but at 6'6 hes got room to bulk up. Im happy with this pick.

hintexas
04-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Pros: Dylan has a great attitude and work ethic, is tall, decent size, very athletic, quick feet, and is rapidly developing a nice set of tools for the next level.

Cons: Very raw, he is definitely a work in progress. Has played in a D-II program and has limited experience. Needs a lot of work on technique and needs to add additional mass/strength though a good program at he next level.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2004, 02:57 PM
OT | (6'5", 304, 5.26) | MONTANA | COLLEGE STATS
Data from Scouts, Inc.

Grade: 33
Alerts: (B: BULK/SIZE) Lacks size/bulk for position

Comments: McFarland is tall, good size potential. Can keep adding bulk. Can play anywhere along line. Has long arms. Feet are quick for a tall lineman. Good lateral-movement skills. Runs well, can hit moving targets in space. Position-and-wall-off blocker, very good use of feet, hands in running game. Plays with good balance, leverage. Good body control. Can mirror, slide in pass pro. Keeps balance can redirect to foil double moves. Must add bulk, lower-body strength. Pushed around by bigger, stronger defenders. Played I-AA ball and will have trouble adjusting to facing NFL linemen. Plays with leverage, but is overmatched vs. bull rushes. Effective as a finesse run blocker in college, but lacks initial power, leg strength to drive defenders off line. McFarland started six games in 2000 before suffering a season-ending broken ankle. Started 44 consecutive games from 2001-03, so durability is not a concern. McFarland developed into one of the most efficient, effective blockers at the I-AA level the last two seasons, and he shows some promise as a guard/tackle reserve. He must bulk up, improve his strength and adjust to the NFL, but he has the quickness, athleticism, toughness, durability, work ethic and intangibles to be signed as a late-round pick or free agent.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

The_Philster
Put him as the backup at RT and eventually backup at both T positions if we lose Jennings and make Marcus Price the starting LT.

DraftBoy
Originally posted by hintexas
Cons: Very raw, he is definitely a work in progress. Has played in a D-II program and has limited experience. Needs a lot of work on technique and needs to add additional mass/strength though a good program at he next level.

This is good news since we have the top OL coach in the NFL.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Leg injury. check. "Big Motor" (aka slow white guy with no latent) check . could have gotten him as a fa after the draft.check.. yup hes a perfect fit for us.

Pride
04-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Possible Center?

mypoorfriendme
04-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
Leg injury. check. "Big Motor" (aka slow white guy with no latent) check . could have gotten him as a fa after the draft.check.. yup hes a perfect fit for us.

now THERE is some pessimism...its sad though because its true

Philly Zoner
in the 7th youre getting a project, so might as well get a project with a lot of upside potential--we can put some meat on those bones. I like it in the 7th.

Dantheman1280
why didnt we take one in the 4th

MTBillsFan
04-25-2004, 04:42 PM
I was able to watch him in College. Even though I go to school at Montana State University, I was raised a GRIZ in Missoula... That beening said, Dylan is a big dude who knows how to play. Eventually he'll end up being a good pick for us.
GO BILLS

Bert102176
04-25-2004, 04:50 PM
I think he'll be good and I like the G we have Ben Sobieski I think our OL will be ok this year

Dozerdog
04-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Possible Center?

You don't make Herman Munster a center- he's 6 foot 6 inches tall! You want the QB to see down field....

Tony Pape would have been a great pick here- or Scott Wells or AJ Ricker (Both Centers)

TigerJ
04-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Here's another source of info/opinion on McFarland:

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2004/showplayer.php?key=Dylan%20McFarland

Typical seventh rounder. You hope he's got upside. He lacks a little quickness, but he can probably add 30-40 pounds of muscle and be aplayer in a couple years. I think he'll probably be on the practice squad this year and head to NFL Europe, or whatever replaces it next spring. After that, it will depend on him. He seems to be smart and a good athlete, so you take a chance on him.

elltrain22
04-25-2004, 07:56 PM
McNally was able to develop Jeff Reoul last year w/ the NY Giants. If anyone else saw that HBO special look on him last year, he ( Reoul ) was an undrafted Rookie FA, out of Northwestern State, and he made the squad, and even had a couple of starts last year. Not saying that McFarland can do the same, but it can be done. I am still very concerned about our line.

hintexas
04-25-2004, 07:59 PM
On his media intervies on the Bills website McFarland says his Aunt lives in or near Buffalo and has been hpoing that he would play for Buffalo. He also says that he has met Dre Bledsoe and has been to Drew's house and has conversations with Drew's dad before.

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Does Teague have naked pictures of TDs wife? Why does TD refuse to upgrade at Center?

McNally better work miracles or this line is going to suck. 50+ sacks the last 2 seasons, resulting in numerous turnovers. Nah, there good...just give them time.

Maybe after another 50+ sacks allowed season the new GM will address the Oline.

Demon
04-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger

McNally better work miracles or this line is going to suck. 50+ sacks the last 2 seasons, resulting in numerous turnovers. Nah, there good...just give them time.

Maybe after another 50+ sacks allowed season the new GM will address the Oline.

lol i agree. I think we should have drafted more offensive lineman in this draft besides this guy in the 7th round. Don't get me wrong, i am not mocking this guy, i just think we should have picked up another offensive lineman earlier in the draft and hope one of these 2 become solid in the NFL.

ShadowHawk7
04-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
I think he'll be good and I like the G we have Ben Sobieski I think our OL will be ok this year

What's the big thing on Sobeski? I'm not putting him down or anything but, he was a 5th round pick who did nothing last year.
:scratch:

The Spaz
04-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
What's the big thing on Sobeski? I'm not putting him down or anything but, he was a 5th round pick who did nothing last year.
:scratch:

He can play multiple positions center, guard, tackle

ShadowHawk7
04-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Wow.

The Spaz
04-25-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Wow.

Hey you asked!:up:

ShadowHawk7
04-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Lol, thanks for answering! ;) :up:
Just wondering why I'm hearing so much about him. Is he one of those "high potential projects"?

ShadowHawk7
04-25-2004, 09:59 PM
If he can play C maybe we should just play him there in the Shotgun formations... :snicker2:

BuffaloRanger
04-26-2004, 01:20 AM
Judging from his college career, He can play one position, back up Guard.

Maybe the Bills could get a full-time Center that can shotgun snap.

mypoorfriendme
04-26-2004, 01:39 AM
he sounds pretty good to me...two time DII all-american i think is what i read. itll be a huge jump to the nfl, but its possible. i love the fact that we have mcnally

B-DON
04-26-2004, 01:42 AM
phil hansen was Division 2 also so he could be something

NC-BILLS44
04-26-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm happy with the selection. He's a 7th rounder, aka project. I'm encouraged by the fact that we have McNally and more importantly, Rusty Jones, around to develop this kid. With his work ethic and those two helping him, who knows what he can do. It will be interesting to find out.