Originally posted by The_Philster
That's according to Jaws :up:
I'll take his expertise over pretty much anyone else's

Because he agrees with you?

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Because he agrees with you?

Because he breaks down film and analyzes it rather than rely on the stat line or Madden :rolleyes:

Pride
04-25-2004, 03:20 PM
He just said that JP was the best QB in the draft as far as his arm strength, accuracy, and decicivness.

Said the footwork can be corrected, and he cockiness can be worked on, but said from the waste to neck, he was the best QB in the draft...

Good point also made about trading our Number 1 pick next year. They said it was probably gonna go on a QB anyway, so we just get an extra year to let this guy sit behind bledsoe.

Works for me! I am on the bandwagon!

My only big concern is the look of this guy. He looks like a hawaiin surfer... oh god!

shelby
04-25-2004, 03:23 PM
:hungry:

:snicker:

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by shelby
:hungry:

:snicker:
Coy has competition now? :scratch:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Good point also made about trading our Number 1 pick next year. They said it was probably gonna go on a QB anyway, so we just get an extra year to let this guy sit behind bledsoe.

I don't necessarily agree with his point. Just because we needed a QB doesn't mean we had to take the chance on Losman this year. There might be someone better next year and who knows where we'll land.

Originally posted by Pride
My only big concern is the look of this guy. He looks like a hawaiin surfer... oh god!

That's actually not as much of a joke as one might think. One of the knocks on him is is play in inclement weather. That worries me.

B-DON
04-25-2004, 03:55 PM
where did hear that he played poorly in bad weather? link or source?

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
I don't necessarily agree with his point. Just because we needed a QB doesn't mean we had to take the chance on Losman this year. There might be someone better next year and who knows where we'll land.
Everything they're saying on ESPN has the 2005 QB class as incredibly weak. Besides, if we want someone to take over for Drew, we should get him in sooner rather than later.

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
where did hear that he played poorly in bad weather? link or source?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/tracker/player?id=7843
Sporting News also has it in their War Room

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 04:07 PM

Everything they're saying on ESPN has the 2005 QB class as incredibly weak. Besides, if we want someone to take over for Drew, we should get him in sooner rather than later.

The first point about the weak class is a valid reason, although I have to believe there is going to be at least 1 or 2 at the top which are "franchise".

I agree with your sooner than later comment 10000%. Trouble is that I don't agree with who we got sooner. Ben should have been a Bill. (ok, I'll stop..I know he is a Steeler now and there's nothing we can do about it...still doesn't mean I have to agree with TD's decision though)

Philly Zoner
04-25-2004, 04:08 PM
yeah, I heard the inclement weather rap too.

but he grew up in LOS ANGELES and played college in the SOUTH!!! lets give him a chance to play more than a few times in inclement weather before we grade him on it.

LtBillsFan66
04-25-2004, 04:11 PM
That's according to Jaws :up:
I'll take his expertise over pretty much anyone else's

Jaw's report was very uplifting!

justasportsfan
04-25-2004, 04:22 PM

you are willing to wait another year? Who's gonna be our qb while that pick is being developed?

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of teams like the Pats and Bucs beating us to sb's. You can wait for the Bengals and the Cards all you want. I'm ready to make he playoffs and then a sb.

HenryRules
04-25-2004, 04:31 PM

Because he breaks down film and analyzes it rather than rely on the stat line or Madden :rolleyes:

Who does either of those? There's plent of professionals who have disagreed with taking Losman that high. What is special about Jaws that makes his opinion more respected than anyone else's?

I can understand saying because TD liked the move or someone else who gets paid to make those decisons, but to value Jaws' opinion over that of anyone else?

The_Philster
04-25-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Who does either of those? There's plent of professionals who have disagreed with taking Losman that high. What is special about Jaws that makes his opinion more respected than anyone else's?

I can understand saying because TD liked the move or someone else who gets paid to make those decisons, but to value Jaws' opinion over that of anyone else?
Do you even read posts and threads before you respond to them?
:huh:

Mularkey will help Bledsoe

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
you are willing to wait another year? Who's gonna be our qb while that pick is being developed?

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of teams like the Pats and Bucs beating us to sb's. You can wait for the Bengals and the Cards all you want. I'm ready to make he playoffs and then a sb.

I'm just as tired of teams like the Pats and Bucs winning as you are. Trust me.

As for waiting another year...

The moment Pitt nabbed Ben I felt that we lost our chance to begin the rebuilding process at QB. However, I still felt we could continue to rebuild other areas like C and DE to make sure we didn't lose any more ground as a team. But we lost ground in that area since we traded away our 2 and to a lesser extent our 5.

If we hadn't traded our #1 next year, we only had to make it through this year with a lame duck QB. Then we could draft a franchise guy next year, where we could start the process in earnest.

To some this sounds like I'm throwing away the season. I don't believe this year is lost, but I also don't believe we go better than 8-8 or 9-7, effectively missing the playoffs again. I say that because I am trying to manage my expectations and be a realist. I'm not looking for overnight success.

Let's be honest, the Bills have not been a very good team for years now. Average at times, yes, but not very good. As such I am not expecting miracles. Steady progress and smart decisions are all I ask for. If we weren't able to get the QB of the future this year, then don't force it. IMHO, TD forced it by grabbing Losman.

justasportsfan
04-25-2004, 06:36 PM

I'm just as tired of teams like the Pats and Bucs winning as you are. Trust me.

As for waiting another year...

The moment Pitt nabbed Ben I felt that we lost our chance to begin the rebuilding process at QB. However, I still felt we could continue to rebuild other areas like C and DE to make sure we didn't lose any more ground as a team. But we lost ground in that area since we traded away our 2 and to a lesser extent our 5.

If we hadn't traded our #1 next year, we only had to make it through this year with a lame duck QB. Then we could draft a franchise guy next year, where we could start the process in earnest.

To some this sounds like I'm throwing away the season. I don't believe this year is lost, but I also don't believe we go better than 8-8 or 9-7, effectively missing the playoffs again. I say that because I am trying to manage my expectations and be a realist. I'm not looking for overnight success.

Let's be honest, the Bills have not been a very good team for years now. Average at times, yes, but not very good. As such I am not expecting miracles. Steady progress and smart decisions are all I ask for. If we weren't able to get the QB of the future this year, then don't force it. IMHO, TD forced it by grabbing Losman. That's fair. Don't forget though that in recent years, sb champs haven't had qb's like Manning. Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Brady. Were any of them rated highr than Losman in their draft?

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
That's fair. Don't forget though that in recent years, sb champs haven't had qb's like Manning. Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Brady. Were any of them rated highr than Losman in their draft?

Good point. Probably not. But then you have to take into consideration Belichick is one of the best active coaches around and possibly in history. (although I can't stand his smug ass....but just like that arrogant a**hole Jimmuh Johnson, I have to give them their props)

Could MM be on the same level? I hope so with every fiber of my being, because in the end that's what is going to get us the Lombardi.

doug45
04-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

Jaw's report was very uplifting!

The trouble is everyone they talk about is great. They play up everyone, so none of what they say counts for much.

The_Philster
04-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by doug45
The trouble is everyone they talk about is great. They play up everyone, so none of what they say counts for much.
:lol: Jaws points out problems whenever he can...and he pointed out Drew's. Sounds like that whenever a professional disagrees with the haters, he doesn't know what he's talking about.