PDA

View Full Version : Losman Q&A: Ready to learn

justasportsfan
04-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Are you looking forward to working behind Drew Bledsoe?
NFL Network

NFL Network
Analysis, opinions, features and more!

Yeah, of course. I was kind of prepared with Green Bay talk and sitting behind (Brett) Favre, and now here I am. You never know how the draft is going to work out. Luckily enough, I am able to be in another situation like this with another great quarterback who's been in the league so many years. I have watched him all through his college career and in the pros and hopefully he will be able to teach me a lot of what he knows. I'm just going to sit back and learn; I think this is a great situation for a rookie quarterback to come into. As much as a rookie quarterback wants to go out there and show he can start at a young age and do all the things, it is kind of ridiculous for him to not think that to sit out and sit behind Drew would be one of the best things for him to do

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/7282874

justasportsfan
04-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Teams invest heavily in future QBs

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/7282905

The Bills clearly had the same opinion about Losman, even though he was seen in some circles as a player who could have been available in the second round. His greatest shortcoming in an otherwise impressive career at Tulane is bad throwing mechanics, although the Bills are confident they can fix them with new quarterbacks coach Sam Wyche and offensive coordinator Tom Clements.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 06:37 PM
I never heard about an issue with his throwing mechanics. That's always been seen as his strength.

Well, I guess this goes to show that nobody has a f**king clue what they're talking about. ;)

Bill Brasky
04-25-2004, 06:38 PM
As much as a rookie quarterback wants to go out there and show he can start at a young age and do all the things, it is kind of ridiculous for him to not think that to sit out and sit behind Drew would be one of the best things for him to do

Sounds like he is more of a team player than many make him out to be. I would like to hear from those of you who have been saying they want him starting on opening day. :lolhit:

justasportsfan
04-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Well, I guess this goes to show that nobody has a f**king clue what they're talking about. ;) could it be that you don't have clue either?

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman

Sounds like he is more of a team player than many make him out to be. I would like to hear from those of you who have been saying they want him starting on opening day. :lolhit:

Let's be real....what did you expect him to say in public? He's no dummy. *see his Wonderlic score. Do you think if TD asked him to start he would say "No, no. I'd rather ride the pine and watch Drew toss INTs."

But I'm not waffling on my other post. I'd rather see him start than Drew, as along as we cut Drew before the season starts. I don't want any controversy (although I know that's going to be the case unfortunately)

TigerJ
04-25-2004, 06:44 PM
I don't think his mechanics were that bad. He threw off his back foot sometimes, but he had pretty good accuracy doing so, and he often had to do so because Tulane had no offensive line. I think the main thing is that the Bills have to make sure that some of the things he had to do because of a lack of pass protection don't linger on as bad habits when he actually gets decent protection. Some comments have been made about him holding the ball too long, prompting some of the Rob Johnson comparisons. I really don't know how valid a criticism that is, but I think in changing the Bills offence to help Drew Bledsoe shed the same knock, the Bills may just be able to nip it in the but and prevent it from becoming a problem for him in Buffalo. Hopefully too, Jim McNally will help shape up the pass blocking on the Bills offensive line.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
could it be that you don't have clue either?

Could it be that you are an instigator and looking to start yet another flame war?

READ it again.

THINK for a moment.

It was a self-deprecating comment, which means that NOBODY includes EVERYBODY which includes ME. :shakeno:

It was an attempt at being light hearted given all the crap that has been flying around.

justasportsfan
04-25-2004, 06:48 PM

Could it be that you are an instigator and looking to start yet another flame war?

READ it again.

THINK for a moment.

It was a self-deprecating comment, which means that NOBODY includes EVERYBODY which includes ME. :shakeno:

Me, trouble maker? :priest:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I don't think his mechanics were that bad. He threw off his back foot sometimes, but he had pretty good accuracy doing so, and he often had to do so because Tulane had no offensive line. I think the main thing is that the Bills have to make sure that some of the things he had to do because of a lack of pass protection don't linger on as bad habits when he actually gets decent protection. Some comments have been made about him holding the ball too long, prompting some of the Rob Johnson comparisons. I really don't know how valid a criticism that is, but I think in changing the Bills offence to help Drew Bledsoe shed the same knock, the Bills may just be able to nip it in the but and prevent it from becoming a problem for him in Buffalo. Hopefully too, Jim McNally will help shape up the pass blocking on the Bills offensive line.

A helpful post...thanks! :cheers:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Me, trouble maker? :priest:

:tongue:

;)

Captain gameboy
04-25-2004, 07:03 PM
I never heard about an issue with his throwing mechanics. That's always been seen as his strength.

Well, I guess this goes to show that nobody has a f**king clue what they're talking about. ;)

I don't get this post. His arm strength and accuracy are viewed as strengths. His mechanics are viewed as his weakness.

Specifically, he throws without using his lower body as a base.

He doesn't have his legs under his throws. I think his quick release and his mobility/athleticism are what excites people. He is very effective without great mechanics, and could be better under good coaching.

We will have a very busy offensive coaching staff this year.
Like it or not, TD has delivered three first rounders with no NFL experience to a brand new head coach/OC.
Wyche will have his work cut out for him "fixing" Drew and getting JP up to speed.

B-DON
04-26-2004, 12:59 AM
wyche better get started he has a ton of work ahead of him between both those qbs

Bill Brasky
04-26-2004, 01:23 PM

Let's be real....what did you expect him to say in public? He's no dummy. *see his Wonderlic score. Do you think if TD asked him to start he would say "No, no. I'd rather ride the pine and watch Drew toss INTs."

But I'm not waffling on my other post. I'd rather see him start than Drew, as along as we cut Drew before the season starts. I don't want any controversy (although I know that's going to be the case unfortunately)

I don't give a **** about his wonderlic score.

Mr. Cynical
04-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by gameboy
Wyche will have his work cut out for him "fixing" Drew and getting JP up to speed.

Agreed.

Mr. Cynical
04-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman

I don't give a **** about his wonderlic score.

And?