PDA

View Full Version : Win some, lose some

The Spaz
04-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Winners

• Buffalo Bills -- Some folks have panned the top of the Bills' draft for taking Wisconsin receiver Lee Evans too high at No. 13, and for giving up next year's No. 1 to Dallas in order to get back into the opening round and select Tulane quarterback J.P. Losman at No. 22. But not me. I like both players that Buffalo targeted, and their high draft slots don't negate their positives in my view. Yes, Evans' collegiate knee surgery in 2002 makes him a bit of an NFL question mark. But people said the same thing about Tennessee running back Jamal Lewis in the 2000 draft, and that one worked out pretty well. As for Losman, he's got a big arm, a healthy dose of moxie and the ability to make plays on the move. He's not ready this year, but he should be ready to take over for Drew Bledsoe in 2005. In using their 2005 first-rounder to draft him, the Bills in essence bought their future quarterback a redshirt season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/don_banks/04/25/winners.losers/

mypoorfriendme
04-25-2004, 07:35 PM
the more i think about our first picks, the more i like them. ill never get over almost being able to land starks in the third though