PDA

View Full Version : The Bills WILL have a first round pick next year!

Jeff1220
04-25-2004, 07:39 PM
The Bills will probably recoupe that 1st through a trade of either Travis or Willis next year (most likely Travis) after both show what they've got in 2004. Trading that first rounder shows that the Bills have a ton of confidence in what Willis can do.

mypoorfriendme
04-25-2004, 07:40 PM
but it still doesnt mean willis will instill enough confidence to trade away a proven pro-bowl back like travis. maybe well tag jennings or schobel for a pick?

elltrain22
04-25-2004, 07:49 PM
I thought of that exact scenario myself.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 09:29 PM
I can't see how they would trade Willis....

If he sucks, they won't get anything for him.

If he plays like they hoped, they won't want to trade him.

IMO Henry is the only viable trade next year if they are going to trade an RB. He'll be at the end of his contract and ripe for a trade.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Who cares if we don't have a first round draft choice next yr. like Donahoe said we don't know where were going to be next yr. hopefully it will be a lower number if we get in the playoffs.

Demon
04-25-2004, 09:46 PM
I love how everyone thinks positive on this board.

What if McGahee is a bust? Or what if McGahee plays so good and Henry does nothing and his value drops rock bottom.

It could happen. I hope it doesn't, but i think we should look at both sides of the pillow.

Stewie
04-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Demon
I love how everyone thinks positive on this board.

What if McGahee is a bust? Or what if McGahee plays so good and Henry does nothing and his value drops rock bottom.

It could happen. I hope it doesn't, but i think we should look at both sides of the pillow.

I agree that McGahee could be a bust. But I don't think it would hurt Travis trading status. His YPC will show he's capable of getting the job done when he gets the chance. Also, he'd be on the field less, have fewer fumbles...

Demon
04-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by paulB

I agree that McGahee could be a bust. But I don't think it would hurt Travis trading status. His YPC will show he's capable of getting the job done when he gets the chance. Also, he'd be on the field less, have fewer fumbles...

Are you telling me everyone will be OK and HAPPY if McGahee stuggles this season, Henry plays out of his mind and then we trade HENRY and keep the stuggling McGahee????

I think if McGahee stuggles, we will not be trading anyone. Not because the value of Henry will be down or whatever, but because of the threat of McGahee being a bust.

SoCalBillsFan
04-25-2004, 11:55 PM
Paul, why would we trade Henry if Magahee is a bust?

Dozerdog
04-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by paulB

He's not saying trade Henry if McGahee is a bust.

He's agreeing on the principle that McGahee could be a bust- just like he Could be an al-pro.

The second thing he said was that the Value of Henry won't go down if he receives less carries. If Henry can average 4.5 YPC but only gets half the carries from last season, he will still be valued high.

Think of a team like Denver- traded Portis away and they don't have a bonafide replacement. If their plans fall through and their run game suffers next season- they will pay handsomly for Henry.

If anything- less wear and tear will help his value. ythe only thing that hurts is if he gets hurt, or production falls off.

Or we keep both if the 2 back power game actually works.