PDA

View Full Version : Not to 2nd Guess

JefftheBillsfan
04-25-2004, 08:03 PM
..but would we have been better off trading down a few to take Lossman in the first, and add a #2? Take the top WR available (Devery Henderson?) and maybe a Jake Grove? Then again, theres a reason I am sitting here, and TD is TD. I see Lee Evans, and I see PP, with better hands. He will be develop into a legit #1, who will need a legit possesion #2 opposite him (Reed*fingers crosse*). But I also think he will have an outstanding rookie year. He other than Fitz., IMO, may be the most ready WR in terms of immediate production in this draft.

I was really worried about Lossman at first, but I'm really pumped now. I had a bad feeling he would be a little you know what and develop a huge QB controvery immediately after being picked. He seems to be arrogant, but not in a way that should really detriment his play IMO. Hell, I dont care if we don't like him, or the media doesn't like him, if his teamates and coaches do, then who cares.

People are comparing him to RJ, maybe reasonably so. But I dont see that as such a bad thing, he has all the talents, we have a fresh start to develop him. And if RJ had even half the confidence JP has, well RJ would still probably be here. I am really excited to see this kid play.

I think the DT we drafted is pretty good, I just hope this doesn't mean that we might be giving up on Edwards (another Crosby).

But overall I am very satisfied with this draft. I think as most of you let all this digest, I think you will too.

hintexas
04-25-2004, 08:08 PM
I think Evans speed is a great asset and he would not have been available in a couple of picks. When Mike Williams was made uneligable for the draft it made Lee Evans and Reggie Williams move up the board and when Reggie got taken by Jacksonville the Bills needed to get the best speed receiver and Lee Evans is going to be a great one.

Tatonka
04-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
..but would we have been better off trading down a few to take Lossman in the first, and add a #2? Take the top WR available (Devery Henderson?) and maybe a Jake Grove? Then again, theres a reason I am sitting here, and TD is TD. I see Lee Evans, and I see PP, with better hands. He will be develop into a legit #1, who will need a legit possesion #2 opposite him (Reed*fingers crosse*). But I also think he will have an outstanding rookie year. He other than Fitz., IMO, may be the most ready WR in terms of immediate production in this draft.

I was really worried about Lossman at first, but I'm really pumped now. I had a bad feeling he would be a little you know what and develop a huge QB controvery immediately after being picked. He seems to be arrogant, but not in a way that should really detriment his play IMO. Hell, I dont care if we don't like him, or the media doesn't like him, if his teamates and coaches do, then who cares.

People are comparing him to RJ, maybe reasonably so. But I dont see that as such a bad thing, he has all the talents, we have a fresh start to develop him. And if RJ had even half the confidence JP has, well RJ would still probably be here. I am really excited to see this kid play.

I think the DT we drafted is pretty good, I just hope this doesn't mean that we might be giving up on Edwards (another Crosby).

But overall I am very satisfied with this draft. I think as most of you let all this digest, I think you will too.

they obviously loved evans.. and he is 10x the receiver that henderson is at this point.

i think sape is the DT that has to worry.. not edwards.

HenryRules
04-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

they obviously loved evans.. and he is 10x the receiver that henderson is at this point.

i think sape is the DT that has to worry.. not edwards.

sape and edwards are both gone. we got that guy from cincy too.

chernobylwraiths
04-25-2004, 08:21 PM
I thought we could have traded down a few spots and maybe still nabbed Evans and had more to deal for the first and kept next year's first. Oh well, if wishes and buts were candy and nuts oh what a Christmas we'd have. :)

I don't like the RJ comparisons though. One thing that is a complete opposite is the fact that this kid is cocky and arrogant and is confident in his abilities. RJ never impressed me with being any of these characteristics. RJ had a decent arm but not the bullet arm this guy has, had decent scrambling ability but I doubt as fast as Losman is, and you could NEVER say RJ was tough and was rarely injured while I wonder if this kid ever missed a start with a terrible offensive line. The biggest similarity between the two is the fact that they both grew up in So. Cal. Remember, RJ wasn't drafted until the fourth round because there was a question about his heart. Can't say that about Losman.

I kind of wonder about his pocket pressence. Does anybody know if he seemed aware of the rush when it was comming so that he could get rid of the ball? The great ones have that and it is nothing that can be taught.

chernobylwraiths
04-25-2004, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't count Edward out just yet.

toughluck
04-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Don't forget, to trade down, we still needed a partner willing to trade up.

JefftheBillsfan
04-26-2004, 02:23 PM
fair enough, thanks guys for the input.

and chern..the pocket presense is the only merits which i was basing my RJ/JP comparison. But I think you are right, about it. JP will probably get booed a couple of times now and then when he gets sacked, but he has the confidence to go back out there and give it another shot. With RJ, it kind of seemed like he'd rather not deal with the pressure at all. I think he was nervous, probably just wanted to be liked by the fans.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2004, 03:04 PM
RJ/Lossman both have "Potential". :)

Jan Reimers
04-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Why don't we try both spelling Losman correctly, and giving the kid a chance before we crucify him?

AndreReed83
04-26-2004, 04:51 PM
We would not have been able to trade down and get Evans, imo. I'm pretty sure the Bucs would have picked him over Michael Clayton and I don't think the 49ers would have traded down if Evans had been avaliable. I've even read some places that the Bears were actually strongly considering Evans....