PDA

View Full Version : reduced nhl schedule

realmendontwearteal
04-25-2004, 08:58 PM
the NHL is propsoing a 72 game schedule for next season and eliminate confrence play between the west and east and play each team in the divison 8 times

qcsabresfan84
04-25-2004, 10:08 PM
that sucks, do you think they just want to build better rivalries between divional opponents?

realmendontwearteal
04-25-2004, 11:09 PM
i would like to see strong divison rivalries... but it eliminates rivalries from canada which they probally wont be happy about.... playing each team in the divison 8 times is good for the in division rivaliries... the sabres and leafs playin 4 times in each building is great for the fans...... the idea makes the divisonal games more exciting for the fans.....but i think 8 games against each divison opponet is too much....its fine the way it is...

Ebenezer
04-26-2004, 07:52 AM
I think it is a great idea....72 games will make them more exciting and I could care less about the west coast games...

Ebenezer
04-26-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
.....but i think 8 games against each divison opponet is too much....its fine the way it is...

I remember those days...it was great to see Toronto, Boston and Montreal 4 times a year...it will be good for ticket sales.

Myers57
04-26-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm upset about less games to watch but I definetely think it will be better for the league especially the divisions deal which will allow for more ticket sales when teams play their divisional rivals...

pyrrhonist
04-26-2004, 08:09 PM
I like the reduced number of games (And actually think it should be less, like 65 games), but I would suffer immensely if they eliminate the East vs West play in the regular season. I usually only get a chance to see Buffalo live when they come to the West Coast, and it would suck ass if they no longer travelled out here to CA. :down:

alyson
04-26-2004, 10:16 PM
It would be nice to see Buffalo play ALL teams; if they're not going to play them, why don't we just have a West Coast NHL and an East Coast NHL? But, I would love to see more games between Toronto, Boston, etc. and us.
It would suck for people like pyrrhonist who live FAR away! But don't feel bad; I live seven hours from Buffalo and I can barely ever see them play in person.

Fat Tony
04-27-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
i would like to see strong divison rivalries... but it eliminates rivalries from canada which they probally wont be happy about.... playing each team in the divison 8 times is good for the in division rivaliries... the sabres and leafs playin 4 times in each building is great for the fans...... the idea makes the divisonal games more exciting for the fans.....but i think 8 games against each divison opponet is too much....its fine the way it is...

Turn the NHL into the AHL.

There are what- 24 AHL teams? I get to see 6 of them. Every friggin' week.

So when the next Wayne Gretzky comes- no one will see him play. Brilliant. Stuck watching Tie Domi

Ð
04-27-2004, 07:15 AM
What teams are worth watching in the West ?

Detroit, maybe.

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2004, 08:07 AM
Detroit would get themselves into the east if this happens.

Really, the only interesting games for them would be the old Norris division games (Chicago and St. Louis). How would you like season tickets in Detroit or Chicago to see Columbus, Edmonton, Calgary, LA, Anaheim, Nashville, and Minnesota 4 times each. :puke:

Ð
04-27-2004, 09:00 AM
LOL, EE.

We used to share seasons tickets in Toronto with 5 other families so I got to go to waaaaay too many Minnesota No-Stars games because of the luck of the draw back in the Norris days.

I feel your pain.

SkateZilla
04-27-2004, 11:39 AM
this theory is only good for the divisions that only one good team..

look at tampa bay... they have to play the dumbest teams in the league, ATL, WAS, FLA, And CAR

I DONT Wanna See Boston for 8 Games, Or Montreal, especially with the way their fans have been..

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ð
LOL, EE.

We used to share seasons tickets in Toronto with 5 other families so I got to go to waaaaay too many Minnesota No-Stars games because of the luck of the draw back in the Norris days.

I feel your pain.

Plus now there will be an even higher percentage of road games played in the western time zone, after the kiddies are in bed.

Since the Hawks don't show home games on TV, they will no longer exist.