PDA

View Full Version : Sign Az Hakim?

casdhf
04-25-2004, 09:15 PM
The Lions drafted a bunch of WRs, I'm sure someone will have to go. Would Az be worth a look? I know a couple years ago everyone thought he could be answer to our special teams problems. If the Lions cut him, will TD make the call? :afro:

LtBillsFan66
04-25-2004, 09:20 PM
I think we're set at WR.

We need some help on OL, and maybe a decent FS.

I wanted to draft a stud DE, but I don't think we'll find anyone better out there than what we have now.

Demon
04-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
The Lions drafted a bunch of WRs, I'm sure someone will have to go. Would Az be worth a look? I know a couple years ago everyone thought he could be answer to our special teams problems. If the Lions cut him, will TD make the call? :afro:

I hope not. I am expecting this guy Lee Evens to play this season. I don't expect him to do anything amazing, but i do want him to play and play somewhat good.

I am also expecting for Josh Reed to play his best and have a somewhat breakout season.

willis_mchenry
04-25-2004, 09:30 PM
I'd sign him for the right price to be a kick/punt returner and only as a kick/punt returner.

ShadowHawk7
04-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I think we're set at WR.

We need some help on OL, and maybe a decent FS.

I wanted to draft a stud DE, but I don't think we'll find anyone better out there than what we have now.

Agreed, hopefully we can add some bodies yet, to the Oline, sign Kentrell Curry the FS, or get one w/ June 1 cuts.

Also, don't expect Lee Evans to start from Day 1. I still believe in Josh Reed, and am willing to give him the magical year 3 at the #2 spot while having Evans learn the system at #3. But if Josh Reed can't step it up by game 8, I'd swap him w/ Evans.

OpIv37
04-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Demon

I hope not. I am expecting this guy Lee Evens to play this season. I don't expect him to do anything amazing, but i do want him to play and play somewhat good.

I am also expecting for Josh Reed to play his best and have a somewhat breakout season.

You may have a point here. Signing McGahee did miracles for Henry's fumbling problems- maybe Read will finally step it up.

ShadowHawk7
04-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Signing McGahee did miracles for Henry's fumbling problems

That better not be all it does...

qcsabresfan84
04-25-2004, 10:18 PM
I'd rather have Evans at #2 and Reed in the slot at #3, because Evans is a looks like he'll be a much better deep threat than Reed was last year.

BuffaloRanger
04-26-2004, 12:43 AM
Oline is fine how it is. Does 50+ sacks allowed really bother you?

smack541
04-26-2004, 02:59 AM
I love Az and all, but we don’t need him. If we can’t win with Evans, Reed, Moulds, and Shaw then we have issues. Our receivers definitely have to be in the top half of the lead. Plus, Az loves to fumble in crucial times.

B-DON
04-26-2004, 03:37 AM
lee evans will start over reed