PDA

View Full Version : 3 Vols sign on with Bills

smack541
04-26-2004, 02:44 AM
The local media here in Knoxville, Tn are reporting that Rashad Baker, Jabari Greer, and Constantin Ritzmann all have pending deals with the Bills. From knowing this team inside and out; Ritzmann will be a camp causality. Greer has a chance to be a nickel or dime back in a year or two. Rashad Baker can seriously start in this league if he can stay healthy. He was a first team S.E.C. Safety a year ago. He had a disappointing Senior injury riddled season. Here is the link, but you have to register to read it. http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/gv_football/article/0,1406,KNS_297_2837045,00.html

smack541
04-26-2004, 02:49 AM
From the Knoxville News Sentinel:
Many of the undrafted Vols have already set up free agent deals.

Baker, a free safety, and Greer, a cornerback — practically inseparable while at UT — will maintain their friendship while moving on with their careers. Both have pending free agent deals with Buffalo, as does Ritzmann.

"I’m not going to lie, today was hard," Greer said. "But I look at this as a motivational experience, and I’m not going to let it get me down."

Neither is Peace who will sign a free-agent deal with the New York Giants.

"The Giants called me at the start of the seventh round and said they were going to pick me, but they ended up getting a defensive end," Peace said.

"That’s all right though, because I have a good situation up there where I’ll be competing with two other undrafted free agents for the second-team job."

Peace said he’s among the players puzzled by the way the draft worked out for Tennessee, with only four players selected.

"I was sitting there watching the draft, and I just kept thinking ‘Nobody is getting drafted from Tennessee,’ " Peace said. "You think about how we went down to Florida and Miami and beat them ? we’ve got to have some kind of talent to do that.

"I’m puzzled, but there’s nothing you can do about it so you just move on and play football."

SeatownBillsFan21
04-26-2004, 03:17 AM
I love Tenn. Football program hopefully they pan out

B-DON
04-26-2004, 03:34 AM
anyone have scouting reports on these guys? Glad to see TD is still being active

ryjam282
04-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Sounds good. At least we got someone in here to compete at Safety.

TigerJ
04-26-2004, 10:07 AM
http://www.nflfans.com/draft/staticpages/index.php?page=20040421233639201

Greer: 5'10" 180 lbs 4.44 in the 40

Pros: Track star speed with nice cover skills. Good backpedal and fluid in his turns. Excellent motor and shows good effort on every play.

Cons: Smaller frame, needs to add bulk to handle the bump off the line, not the greatest tackler. and somewhat incosistant in coverage

Rashad Baker 5'10" 200lbs 4.57 in the 40

Pros: Athletic prospect that excels in pass coverage. Also has good field presence and decent size. Ballhawking playmaker.

Cons: Not great in run support, sloppy tackler at times. Has past knee injury and speed is a concern .

Constantin Ritzmann 6'3" 259 lbs 4.99 in the 40

Pros: He has exceptional athletic and natural ability. Above average speed and quickness, good lateral movement, high motor, good pass rush moves, good hands, leverage, burst off of line, good tackler, huge upside and potential.

Cons: Raw and inexperienced, he needs to work on his over-all techniques, run recognition, and add additional strength, mass, bulk to his big frame. He has durability questions to answer as well.

There is more on these guys at the Draft Exchange website, if you follow the link and take the time to look them up. Ritzmann was a foreign exchange student from Germany who took up football. He's very raw, doesn't have a good 40 time, but he is athletic and apparently has the fram to add some serious muscle/bulk. I wonder if he could add enough to move inside.

ShadowHawk7
04-26-2004, 10:39 AM
What about Kentrell Curry as a FA sign for FS? I'm suprised this guy wasn't drafted. So far TD is doing a superb job of reaping the remaining talents after the draft.

Canadian'eh!
04-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Jabari Greer has potential IMO. He could surprise some people