• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Bills Sign TE Jason Peters

Amazing...TD announced this morning on WGR-AM that the Bills have signed TE Jason Peters...I'm still surprised the guy wasn't drafted.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

Excellent!

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

So-

Had we drafted this guy with our #2 pick ( al ittle high- but what the heck) and traded Dallas our #1 pick next year and our #5, would everyone be happy?

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

I have a strong feeling that he is going to be developed as an offensive lineman. He could be a great pulling guard.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            So-

Had we drafted this guy with our #2 pick ( al ittle high- but what the heck) and traded Dallas our #1 pick next year and our #5, would everyone be happy?
            Actually, I look at it that we drafted Peters with our 5th...I am happy...then again I was happy when they drafted Losman...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Can we all be happy now that we got a 300 lb tight end? Peters has much more upside as a lineman because of his feet then he does as a tight end.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Wow. He could end up being the Bills steal this year. This guy is a beast and instantly, INSTANTLY improves the Bills line. I like Euhus (sp?) as well, but one of the 3 TEs won't make the cut. Who's it going to be?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer

Actually, I look at it that we drafted Peters with our 5th...I am happy...then again I was happy when they drafted Losman...
                  That's what I was thinking. To heck with making him a guard or tackle. Personally, if he was guard or tackle material, I think they might have made the switch at Arkansas. Whatever the case, I hope he becomes a professional and decides to get his weight below 300. He could still be a great blocking TE and it will give his knees a longer life as a TE.

I liked the bold Losman move and I like this signing. Now if we can get a good blocking FB like Easlick or Wilson, maybe sign a guy like WV's Wiley and maybe take a look at Azar, I think what some of us perceived as reaches in the draft would be overlooked because we got some players we wanted.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE

Wow. He could end up being the Bills steal this year. This guy is a beast and instantly, INSTANTLY improves the Bills line. I like Euhus (sp?) as well, but one of the 3 TEs won't make the cut. Who's it going to be?
                    I would say probably Neufeld. The scouting report of the TE we drafted says that he isn't much of a blocker and would best be suited lining up at H back. Peters is mostly a blocker and Campbell is a combination of the two.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

No we shouldn't convert his position. Keep him at TE. He has great hands and will prove deadly on the short throws over the middle.

#1: When he squares his body up on a inside hook, what LB is is going to get their hand around that monster to knock the pass down.

#2: If catches one open field with a full head of steam, he becomes a saftey's worst nightmare. What is he again? 302? 320?

Geez....He makes one hell of a target.
                      Last edited by RedEyE; 04-26-2004, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

And look what he does for the inside running game. Put him next to Big Mike or Jennings and either duo are standing DL's up at the line.

This guy gives me a woody. Instant upgrade to the passing and running game.

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

Sweet. He was one of the guys I was so hoping for in the draft. I can't believe he wasn't drafted. He will make the team, he is a mauler of a blocker.

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Great signing.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Our FA signings have been awesome. How about Baker, who many had as a 5th rounder, as well as Williams - ranked by one service as the 14th best RB in the draft - and Acholonu, also rated as a good late round choice with a big upside?
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X