PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben R.

Patrick76777
04-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Is he ******ed! ESPN followed him around and showed it all on SC this morning! He’s like a big dumb lummox.

After watching it, I’m happy we didn’t draft this guy! If I had to guess on which one of the first round QB’s will be a bust, he’s my choice!

Demon
04-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Is he ******ed! ESPN followed him around and showed it all on SC this morning! He’s like a big dumb lummox.

After watching it, I’m happy we didn’t draft this guy! If I had to guess on which one of the first round QB’s will be a bust, he’s my choice!

I thought the piece SC did on Big Ben was cool. Which part made him look like a big idiot?

Only part i saw problems in it was how everytime he spoke to Eli Manning, he was saying "the number 1 pick Eli Manning, whats up" but i think that was more of denial then anything. I have a hard time believing that Big Ben or Rivers respect Eli that much. Because if he didn't have a rich dad and a rich brother, Eli wouldn't have said a word about where he wanted to go.

I think Big Ben is going to be the best QB in this draft. I'v loved the guy his last season in college, i wanted him to come to Buffalo so i watched his game. I think he has it all. I think he will play great in Pittsburgh esspicially with Burress and Ward already there. And other QB's who came out of that conference are... Bryan Leftwich and Chad Pennington, so it's not like he's the first good one coming out of a weak conference like that unlike JP Losman.

doug45
04-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Demon

I think Big Ben is going to be the best QB in this draft. I'v loved the guy his last season in college, i wanted him to come to Buffalo so i watched his game. I think he has it all. I think he will play great in Pittsburgh esspicially with Burress and Ward already there. And other QB's who came out of that conference are... Bryan Leftwich and Chad Pennington, so it's not like he's the first good one coming out of a weak conference like that unlike JP Losman.

Ditto!!!!!:up:

Novacane
04-26-2004, 09:01 AM

so it's not like he's the first good one coming out of a weak conference like that unlike JP Losman.

Patrick Ramsey :scratch:

RedEyE
04-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Kelly and Marino weren't exactly Rhodes Scholars. Big Jim was always hard on the ears during interviews, and Dan the Man had a smell of arrogance that made you whince every time he opened his mouth.

gone_fishin
04-26-2004, 12:40 PM
ditto...i watched it too and i thought ben carried himself well... i actually thought eli was an arrogant sob. he never responded to anything from d.hall or big ben.. or it could just ben video editing that made him look that way... we will only know as time goes on..

-gone

Bill Brasky
04-26-2004, 01:18 PM
hey lets start tons of "bash the QB's we once wanted but didn't get so now we hate them" threads

Patrick76777
04-26-2004, 01:22 PM
My point is that he is not a ball of fire! just seemed very slow (not mentally) and very boring!

nolimit
04-26-2004, 02:00 PM
I noticed the same thing as Patrick. he looked and acted like a big dumb dumb. I like my qb to have spunk.

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Found this on the ESPN boards.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04116/306232.stm

Apparently the Bills wanted to trade up. Go figure.

Mr. Cynical
04-26-2004, 03:35 PM

I thought the piece SC did on Big Ben was cool. Which part made him look like a big idiot?

Only part i saw problems in it was how everytime he spoke to Eli Manning, he was saying "the number 1 pick Eli Manning, whats up" but i think that was more of denial then anything. I have a hard time believing that Big Ben or Rivers respect Eli that much. Because if he didn't have a rich dad and a rich brother, Eli wouldn't have said a word about where he wanted to go.

Agreed. I liked the way he came off in the SC piece. Too bad we didn't get him. :mad:

Mr. Cynical
04-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
Found this on the ESPN boards.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04116/306232.stm

Apparently the Bills wanted to trade up. Go figure.

"the Steelers did not miss out on Roethlisberger because Jacksonville and Houston rebuffed trade offers made by Buffalo that would have allowed the Bills to draft the quarterback just in front of the Steelers."

Way to go TD. :cynic:

helmetguy
04-26-2004, 03:42 PM
What, because Jax and Houston didn't want to play, that is somehow TD's fault? What if had pulled a Ditka? Would you still be so hot for Big Ben?

Mr. Cynical
04-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
What, because Jax and Houston didn't want to play, that is somehow TD's fault? What if had pulled a Ditka? Would you still be so hot for Big Ben?

Time will tell.