PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting things (to me)

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Comparisons to RJ I guess were inevitable because they both are So. Cal. boys. However I never heard one person complain about RJ being too vocal and cocky. As a matter of fact, didn't RJ once say that he would never be the type of player that will get in his teammate's faces and yell at them, that he would prefer his play to do his talking?

Last time we drafted a QB in the first round, it was Jim Kelly. The pick we used for Kelly I believe was the pick we got from Cleveland for Tom Cousinou. I'm not sure if that is the case but I am pretty sure that it wasn't OUR pick that year. Kelly was the second first rounder we had in that draft (like Losman). I just hope what happened to our first first rounder that year (Tony Hunter) doesn't happen to Lee Evans (bust).

Losman wore number 7 in college. The last time there was a QB controversy here, there was a mobile QB number 7 and a certain number 11 who held onto the ball too long and took waaaaaaaaaay too many sacks. Number 11 didn't live here in the offseason and never really took his teammates to task (except number 7) while number 7 felt he was the better QB and didn't seem afraid to say it.

God I hope this doesn't happen again.

The one major thing I see in Losman is that he is a type of QB that the Bills have never really had, a tough kid with great mobility and a cannon for an arm. Not one of our former starters or backups had both of these traits. I really like Bledsoe and hope he is successful for a few more years for us, but I can't help but feel a little excited to have a QB that could be Vick lite.

LtBillsFan66
04-26-2004, 08:29 AM
I'll be worried if I hear how he can dump passes in a garbage can in the corner of the endzone. :D

ryjam282
04-26-2004, 08:32 AM
He won't voice his opinions about starting, at least not this year. He knows he is the backup for the first year and has to learn as much as possible. But, I sure miss Flutie. This #7 I believe will help up just as much as the last #7 did on the field.

doug45
04-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
He won't voice his opinions about starting, at least not this year. He knows he is the backup for the first year and has to learn as much as possible. But, I sure miss Flutie. This #7 I believe will help up just as much as the last #7 did on the field.

Look Out!!!

elltrain22
04-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Just b/c Losman looks like Rob, and is from Calie, doesn't mean he is the 2nd coming of RJ. I am going to optimistic about this, thats all i can be...

matt
04-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Flutie Sucked

matt
04-26-2004, 09:43 AM
So didnt RJ, the only difference was wait no they both SUCKED

ryjam282
04-26-2004, 09:43 AM
How did he suck? When he was our stater what did we do...Oh yeah, 11-5....It was also the last time we made the playoffs, he sucked that bad huh?

matt
04-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Yes you are so right,he did so good that we cut him, and now he is backing up Brees, who did so great they got a new QB in round 1

matt
04-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Maybe our Defense got us to 11-5 and the playoffs that year.

ryjam282
04-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Maybe Flutie was like 24-7 as a stater for us (or something like that). The reason he was cut was because we had 2 high priced QB's on the team and TD had to get rid of one. He went with the youth and made a mistake....That is why RJ was cut the next year cause he is biggest piece of worthlessness in the NFL.

How can a D be responsible for 11 wins? Maybe 3-4 tops but not 11. Flutie won games with his feet and his smarts. Face it, he was good.

As far as SD goes, same thing there, he is benched for a younger QB that they took in the first round....Not to mention they have benched this younger QB numerous times for Flutie to get them back on track and he provided that team with a much needed spark. He is the only QB they had that actually made David Boston a useful WR.

Brees will be gone because he sucks and his backup, who is 41 years old, is much better then he is.

Dantheman1280
04-26-2004, 11:02 AM
AMEN!! FLUTIE was the closest thing we have had to a stud QB in 7 years!!

ryjam282
04-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Very True.

The Spaz
04-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Flutie isn't here anymore!:up:

ryjam282
04-26-2004, 01:50 PM
I know, but this matt character was trying to tell me that Flutie was a loser when he was here...It's too bad he isn't here anymore.

TedMock
04-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Just over 14 points per game and the number 3 ranked defense in the NFL. When your offense is only scoring 14 points you need a top 5 defense, which we had. He was also banished to Canada for several years for a reason. I don't hate the guy but it's a team sport and he's given WAY too much credit. I wanted both of them gone ASAP. He had heart, I'll give him that, but he wasn't a very good QB. The other had talent but no brain. We're so much better off without either. Now, let's look to the future.

doug45
04-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by matt
Flutie Sucked

I have always wondered how someone who sucked could win so many games. And here I thought that was why we played the games.:scratch:

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
Just over 14 points per game and the number 3 ranked defense in the NFL. When your offense is only scoring 14 points you need a top 5 defense, which we had. He was also banished to Canada for several years for a reason. I don't hate the guy but it's a team sport and he's given WAY too much credit. I wanted both of them gone ASAP. He had heart, I'll give him that, but he wasn't a very good QB. The other had talent but no brain. We're so much better off without either. Now, let's look to the future.

True, we are now better off without either because Flutie is 41. What many people aren't willing to admit is that Flutie was the better answer while he was here. The Bills won more games under him. Part of the statement though that I agree 100% with is that he got WAY too much credit when we won. He admitted that on several occasions. Remember the infamous "I was once told that a pat on the back is only about a foot away from a kick in the rear" remark? He wasn't a great QB, but he made things happen and got things done. He also usually didn't make too many stupid mistakes that cost us field position like the other guy did.

Oh, the opposite side of giving the winning QB too much credit is in clear view by what is happening to our current QB.

TedMock
04-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

Oh, the opposite side of giving the winning QB too much credit is in clear view by what is happening to our current QB.

I totally agree on both ends. He gets too much credit as well but is also excessively hammered on for the bad. My theory is that he's a good QB who has very notable strengths and very notable weaknesses. He can play the game but he can't lead a team on his own. He is what he is. Not as great as some say and not as horrible as some say.

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by TedMock

I totally agree on both ends. He gets too much credit as well but is also excessively hammered on for the bad. My theory is that he's a good QB who has very notable strengths and very notable weaknesses. He can play the game but he can't lead a team on his own. He is what he is. Not as great as some say and not as horrible as some say.

That's right. :up:

Now who are we talking about again. :D

The_Philster
04-26-2004, 03:41 PM
So didnt RJ, the only difference was wait no they both SUCKED
:bf1:

Maybe our Defense got us to 11-5 and the playoffs that year.

Originally posted by ryjam282
Maybe Flutie was like 24-7 as a stater for us (or something like that). The reason he was cut was because we had 2 high priced QB's on the team and TD had to get rid of one. He went with the youth and made a mistake....That is why RJ was cut the next year cause he is biggest piece of worthlessness in the NFL.

How can a D be responsible for 11 wins? Maybe 3-4 tops but not 11. Flutie won games with his feet and his smarts. Face it, he was good. He also cost us some games with his "I gotta be the man" attitude and poor play. Instead of completing passes to wide open WRs a lot of the time, he took the ball down and started running. Rather than a TD, he got a first down if he was lucky on a drive that usually ended with no points or just a FG.
As far as why he was cut...there were two reasons..one was the cap, one was the fact he thought he was gonna be in charge instead of GW.

Originally posted by doug45
I have always wondered how someone who sucked could win so many games. And here I thought that was why we played the games.:scratch:
He had to pull games out of his ass that he almost cost us in the first place..He was good, but hardly great.