X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

What were your hits and misses

OK, nobody knows what these guys are going to become in the NFL just yet. But, just based on the draft, what were your hits and misses.

Mine were:
    Hits
    1a. Jason Peters - Many people on this board tried to convince me this guy was worthy of a middle round pick. I contested that I might waste a 6th or 7th round pick on him. One of you told me he was worthy of a 3rd round pick. TD got him as an undrafted free agent, so you Peters lovers can rejoice.
    1b. I liked Ben Hartsock and said he was worthy of a 3rd round pick. I even suggested that another member of this board take a look at him in his mock draft. One of our "draft experts" basically told me I was crazy. OK.

2. Stephen Jackson - Another player our beloved members said was a "stud", I don't think he is a stud and from the looks of it he dropped down enough to show that other NFL teams thought the same way.

3. Reggie Williams - I loved Williams and I praised him for his productivity against the top corners in this draft. Some of you labeled him a possession receiver. Not bad for the #9 pick in the draft.

Misses
    1. Kenechi Udeze - His shoulder rumor must have scared some teams off. Even so, he slipped big time.

2. Phillip Rivers - #4 in the draft is way too high. Good luck in San Diego with Marty Schottenheimer as your coach. He would have been better served getting picked by the Bills.

3. JP Losman - I think the Bills way overpaid for him. I really thought he would be available in the 2nd. Even if Losman becomes the franchise QB, that is a steep price. Especially when players like Nathaniel Abidi, Jason Shivers, and Nick Leckey on the board in the 5th.

4. Lee Evans - Never in my wildest dreams did I think that would have been the Bills selection.
    Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 04-26-2004, 11:35 AM.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

losman was definately going to Green Bay or St. Louis.

evans was definately going to Chicago or Tampa.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
      • Apr 2003

evans would have been a buccaneer, chicago was thrilled to have tommie harris drop, if anything they would have reached for steven jackson. the bucs reached for michael clayton, surley they had evans over him.

and the more i think about the losman pick, the more i think we really didnt get screwed that bad. really, we just sacrificed this years second and fifth rounder to not only get him, but also give him a redshirt year. come next years first, we can jsut go up there and say "the buffalo bills select jp losman"
      the dude abides

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
        evans would have been a buccaneer, chicago was thrilled to have tommie harris drop, if anything they would have reached for steven jackson. the bucs reached for michael clayton, surley they had evans over him.

and the more i think about the losman pick, the more i think we really didnt get screwed that bad. really, we just sacrificed this years second and fifth rounder to not only get him, but also give him a redshirt year. come next years first, we can jsut go up there and say "the buffalo bills select jp losman"
        I agree 100%
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X