PDA

View Full Version : Was it just me or .....

L.A. Playa
04-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Did ESPN's coverage kinda suck this year, everyone seemed a little off. Berman and Mort seemed confused and everyone else didn't seem to know what to to say or do. Michael Irving had some good comments and Kiper was sound but wish they would have spent more time with the players if they could have shut up that lineman from the redskins but seemed like this years coverage was weak and kinda boring

Bill Brasky
04-26-2004, 01:15 PM
espn sucks. 95% of the anchors are pompous pukes, annoying as ****, and don't know anything they're talking about.

superbills
04-26-2004, 02:49 PM
And I HATE missing picks! If they go to commercial and a pick is made while they're away, they need to put an update on the screen for what happened. Casein point, during the fourth round yesterday, the Bills' pick happened during a commercial break. I had to wait for the damn ticker to re-cycle to find out what we had picked. Annoying as all hell. ESPN did suck this year. Oh, and Andrea Kramer is an airhead.

Dozerdog
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Drove hom Sunday- listened to the Draft on Sirius Satelit eradio - they had Gil Brandt and Pat Kirwan- excellent coverage! It was kind of dry, neither of the two or the host (Steve Cohen) had a lot of personality- but very informative. The only bad thing was, they bailed out at the end of the 6th- had to switch to watching the draft via the net by my cell phone!

casdhf
04-26-2004, 03:14 PM
The only guy I like was Merril Hodge because he didnt say how every pick was a great pick. Once in a while, it'd be nice to see someone say, "That pick was aweful. What the hell were they thinking?"

Pride
04-26-2004, 03:44 PM
I wish they would stop talking about the number 1 pick (eli manning, if his name came up one more time, I was gonna puke).

They need to stick to a format where during the first round, they spend 15 minutes talking about the previous pick. Fans tune in to hear about their picks. It wasnt until day 2 that I finally saw video of Evans... that pissed me off to no belief.

In rounds 2, the same thing.

Rounds 3-7, talk about teams needs in detail, for 10 minutes, then cut to a 5 minute recap of what happened in those previous 10 minutes.

Too many comercials too... not only that, they were the same damn ones over and over and over again!

nolimit
04-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Pride
I wish they would stop talking about the number 1 pick (eli manning, if his name came up one more time, I was gonna puke).

They need to stick to a format where during the first round, they spend 15 minutes talking about the previous pick. Fans tune in to hear about their picks. It wasnt until day 2 that I finally saw video of Evans... that pissed me off to no belief.

Rounds 3-7, talk about teams needs in detail, for 10 minutes, then cut to a 5 minute recap of what happened in those previous 10 minutes.

Too many comercials too... not only that, they were the same damn ones over and over and over again!

couldnt agree more. i cant wait to eli to fall on his face in ny. i hate all the mannings.

AndreReed83
04-26-2004, 04:09 PM
This years coverage by ESPN was HORRIBLE!!!!!! Berman stumbled a lot, Kiper talked through the announcing of the picks, Irvin is an idiot, and Mort was there??? (sarcasm abound in that last phrase). Plus, last year, they spent all of both days talking to the GM's, head coaches, players, and rookies of all the teams. This year, they hardly talked to anybody. And, they were way into the Manning situation. They never told us what the trades were until well after the trade happened. Plus, they went to commerical TWICE during the Bills' picks. They went to commerical during our 4th rounder and first 7th rounder. ARGH!!!!! They also didn't talk to the four players they got together enough.

Also, the NFL needs to get someone other then Taglibue to say the picks, he freaking sucks. Plus, when Sean Taylor got announced as being picked by the Redskins, Taglibue announced that trade right after so it totally stole the spotlight from Taylor. They took away one of his greatest moments, way to go NFL.

John Doe
04-26-2004, 04:33 PM
To listen to those ESPN analysts, you would think that the later rounds were just passing interest. "Oh by the way, the last 10 picks were..." and then go back and talk about the Manning trade for what seemed like anouther hour. What they need is some competition from someone else on TV.

Sometimes, it just degraded into a competition amonst themselves as to which one could make the most clever joke.

Jeff1220
04-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Maybe the NFL network will do their own draftcast once they go cable. I wonder how long ESPN has contracted for the rights? Hmm. I'd actually like to see something like that for a change.

mypoorfriendme
04-26-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Pride

exactly what i think...i think they should stick to, for the most part, about the last pick for however long the next team takes. id like to see more footage of the players and have someone say "i dont agree with this pick at all..." or "i had this guy going in the first, and hes still here in the third" with all the trades, they seems out of it and yeah, ENOUGH WITH ELI MANNING! rivers and manning distracted everyone from the entire rest of the draft. grrr i was dissappointed, but its a lot better than nothing

OpIv37
04-26-2004, 05:46 PM
my comments from another thread:

At one point, the announcers were going on about some receiver who had an "incredible average of 13 yards per catch." A few minutes later, the Bills selected Evans and they were going off about how bad Buffalo's passing game was last year, averaging only "12.4 yards per completion". How can 12.4 be "terrible" and 13 be "incredible"?

They continued to criticize Buffalo's passing game, stating that Eric Moulds had only 64 catches in 2003, after having 100 in 2002. Of course, they never mention the fact that he was INJURED for most of the season.

This bias is ridiculous- I hope these morons get it together by September, because my head will explode if I have to listen to this garbage all season.

mypoorfriendme
04-26-2004, 06:16 PM
just FYI opiv, the bills are bermans favorite team :up:

and oh by the way i love the sig.

OpIv37
04-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
just FYI opiv, the bills are bermans favorite team :up:

and oh by the way i love the sig.

Thanks.

Yeah, he may like the Bills, but I still say they should at least be consistent (of course, chances are I never would have noticed if they weren't talking about Buffalo).

Bill Brasky
04-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
my comments from another thread:

At one point, the announcers were going on about some receiver who had an "incredible average of 13 yards per catch." A few minutes later, the Bills selected Evans and they were going off about how bad Buffalo's passing game was last year, averaging only "12.4 yards per completion". How can 12.4 be "terrible" and 13 be "incredible"?

They continued to criticize Buffalo's passing game, stating that Eric Moulds had only 64 catches in 2003, after having 100 in 2002. Of course, they never mention the fact that he was INJURED for most of the season.

This bias is ridiculous- I hope these morons get it together by September, because my head will explode if I have to listen to this garbage all season.

What else would you expect? Nobody cares about Buffalo sports teams... I'm surprised they even know who's on our team. They are too busy having hard on's for Parcells and Vick.

AndreReed83
04-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Yea, Buffalo sports gets NO respect from ESPN at all. Remember last NHL season when the Sabres and Senators played each other and ESPN called it the Bankruptcy Bowl making a big mockery of the two teams money issues. Hey Jerks! That's not something to make fun off, peoples jobs were at stake on those teams and families could have been screwed up. Argh, freaking ESPN.

BuffaloRanger
04-26-2004, 09:24 PM
ESPN is running a weekly article counting down the "10 Most Tortured Sports Cities in America" Who do you think will be #1?

hintexas
04-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Biggest point IRVIN IS AN IDIOT

OpIv37
04-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
ESPN is running a weekly article on the "10 Most Tortured Sports Cities in America" Who do you think will be #1?

We'll be in the top 5, but Cleveland takes the cake. They have more pro teams and still no championships, plus they actually LOST their football team for a few years.

BuffaloRanger
04-26-2004, 09:39 PM
They didn't go to 4 SBs in a row. Buffalo is the only city with 2 or more sports teams to have NEVER won a championship. 0-6.

I think Buffalo will come in 2nd again.