X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Say what you want about TD...

But I would rather have a GM like TD who is willing to take a few gambles and be aggressive, like he was yesterday rather than sit back in a Darcy Regier sort of way and just blow smoke up peoples asses to save money. Maybe some of his moves can be second guessed but he sends a CLEAR message to the fans that him and Ralph are willing to open up the vault and bring in some people whom they think can help them win it all. I applaud the man.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

BINGGO! No guts no glory. The only problem I've had with him so far Greaghead and co. Well actually we'll see how the Mcgahee pick turns out soon.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Excellent post!

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

great analysis as usual.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

As a confirmed risk taker, I agree totally.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

Works for me!
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

I agree, have to take chances...I may have overreacted with the picking of Evans at #13. I'll wait and see how everything from this weekend works out before I crucify him.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  I agree, have to take chances...I may have overreacted with the picking of Evans at #13. I'll wait and see how everything from this weekend works out before I crucify him.
                  good to hear.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                    • Mar 2003

So you like the Redskins GM even more? They take risks - and more expensive ones.

Bills and Sabres are on such different ends of the spectrum when it comes to money. Bills make tons of money, Sabres don't. You are right though, Regier should have done something last year

My big complaint about TD isn't his "riverboat gambling". Even though I think he tries to hard to fly in the face of convential wisdom, I really don't mind it, it keep things interesting. No risk, no reward as they say. But the thing that I hate about him, and which could very well become his undoing here in Buffalo, is his complete disregard to improving the O-line.

If he knows so much, why have the Bills been sacked more than any team not named Houston the last 2 seasons? Seriously. Tell me why? Anyone? Why over that time have the Bills only added a 6th, and now 7th rd pick? If it's Drew's fault, and he is our QB in 2004, then wouldn't it make sense to protect him more?
                    Last edited by BuffaloRanger; 04-26-2004, 09:56 PM.
                    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• CWOUSARET
                      • Aug 2003

agreed - there is a definate positive coorelation bewteen BALLS and BLUE CHIPS!
                      "Creativity is more important than Intelligence."

Comment

• Church
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                        So you like the Redskins GM even more? They take risks - and more expensive ones.

Bills and Sabres are on such different ends of the spectrum when it comes to money. Bills make tons of money, Sabres don't. You are right though, Regier should have done something last year

My big complaint about TD isn't his "riverboat gambling". Even though I think he tries to hard to fly in the face of convential wisdom, I really don't mind it, it keep things interesting. No risk, no reward as they say. But the thing that I hate about him, and which could very well become his undoing here in Buffalo, is his complete disregard to improving the O-line.

If he knows so much, why have the Bills been sacked more than any team not named Houston the last 2 seasons? Seriously. Tell me why? Anyone? Why over that time have the Bills only added a 6th, and now 7th rd pick? If it's Drew's fault, and he is our QB in 2004, then wouldn't it make sense to protect him more?
                        Not at all..TD isn't even close to being in the same mode as Washington's GM...that lunatic is out of control. We have plenty of good talent on the OLine. When you're at the mercy of rookie oline coaches and passhappy OC's like they were then you are destined to fail. I put alot of faith in McNally's judgment of the talent there also. I'm sure if he needed more talent he would have pointed it out and got some. I'm not saying that TD knows everything and I'm not saying that he should get into every bidding war there is for players. However, he is not afraid to step up to the plate if he thinks it will help the team. The jury is still out on alot of his moves but it beats him sitting on his ass and not doing anything.
                        My Band
                        daveviterna.com

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

TD needs an extreme makeover.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                            WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                            • Mar 2003

Church,

Where is the talent at Center? I think you are being overly optimistic on the talent level there. McNally has seen the players during a 3 day mini-camp and on film, that's it.

Sullivan/Tucker at Guard is OK if the Center slot was improved. Or Teague would be OK if the G spot was improved. Yes coaching will help, but I'd rather depend on quality players, then McNally having to pull a rabbit out of a hat.
                            Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• bufbill01
                              • Mar 2004

Well the big question is who is to blame for the offensive disaster. Did Drew hang on to the ball too long? Did the offensive line crumble? Were the routes too intricate? Was it a combination?

I don't know. But every time Drew dropped back...I knew something bad was going to happen. I kept saying why didn't we run the ball?

Now we have a fast WR(Evans - 4.3) to spread the field, and one or two premier RB's.

Add the prospect of Losman...I feel confident!

Comment

Working...
                              X