PDA

View Full Version : Shaud Williams TV interview

hintexas
04-26-2004, 06:46 PM
I just saw Shaud Williams interviewed on Television in Texas. Shaud was at Andrews Middle School signing autographs for the students. He said that he was very excited that he signed with Buffalo. He went on to say that the Buffalo running backs coach really likes him and told him that they want to use him on special teams and then see what other opportunities are available. Andrews is a small town and having a player going to the NFL is a big deal for the people that live their. I live about 30 minutes away and the media here is showing a lot of both Roy Williams (Odessa/ Lions) and Shaud Williams. I dont think they are related but Shaud is a great leader and was fun to watch in high school.

The Proffesional golfer Chad Campbell is also from Andrews and he recently has become a big player on the tour.

hintexas
04-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Here[ is some more info on Shaud

hintexas
04-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Pros: Shaud is a very quick a shifty player with excellent receiving skills out of the backfield, has an excellent burst to the outside, hits the holes with good burst and has had great success in a big school program.

Cons: Unfortunately, his small size causes problem with power, blocking, picking up blitzing defenders & durability. It is doubtful with his limited frame if he would be able to add the bulk and strength needed to overcome this.
Draft Exchange Analysis:

Pro Day Update :

WEIGHT:193
225# REPS:26
VERTICLE:35.0

COMBINE UPDATE:
HEIGHT:5.07.3
WEIGHT:193
225# REPS:DNL
40 AVERAGE:4.59

I am not certain, because of his size, even with the success he had at Alabama, if Shaud Williams will be drafted. If he isn’t, I am sure he will be picked up afterwards and attend a teams summer session. At best he would be a third down back and special team player because, as stated, he will have major difficulties do to his limited size and strength. I may move him down further as time gets closer to the draft but because of his success at Alabama I felt he deserved at least a 6th round grade.

Tristen1
05-15-2004, 10:17 AM
hintex hows it going. I too live in Midland. Originally from Andrews. Know Shaud and Chad very well.

Looks like Shaud is doing all right in Buffalo. He has a heart that is as big as Texas.

Tristen1
05-15-2004, 10:26 AM
hintex, did you also know Shaud weights 195 but can bench press 375!

Almost TWICE his body weight.

Also, no Roy and Shaud are not related. However, I spoke to Shaud on the Golf course the 1st day of the NFL draft and he said that he watched Roy get drafted and then went to play golf. I was on 18 and he was making the turn with some friends on #9.

I wish him nothing but the best!

He is a class act....

Tristen1
05-15-2004, 10:28 AM
I forgot to add. Shaud and Roy are not related but they are good friends.

elltrain22
05-15-2004, 10:35 AM
I hope Shuad Williams makes the team. I followed him at Alabama, and I thought, and still do think, he is a fine running back. The question here is, will his skills match up to the speed of the NFL game.

Cntrygal
05-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Tristen1
I forgot to add. Shaud and Roy are not related but they are good friends.

Welcome to the zone Tristen! :)

justasportsfan
05-17-2004, 07:32 AM
How is this guy compared to Simonton?

Earthquake Enyart
05-17-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
How is this guy compared to Simonton?

Or Joe Burns? :eek:

Tatonka
05-17-2004, 07:45 AM
burns best shot is to get to FB... but i think he is gone..

if we keep 5 rbs..

henry, WM, Williams
shelton, the white FB that i cant think of right now.

Tatonka
05-17-2004, 07:46 AM
i think williams makes it because of his toughness, speed and receiving skills... typical MM player.

Earthquake Enyart
05-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
burns best shot is to get to FB... but i think he is gone..

if we keep 5 rbs..

henry, WM, Williams
shelton, the white FB that i cant think of right now.

If they cut Joe Burns, wys won't be able to see straight.

Dozerdog
05-17-2004, 08:09 AM
I'd rather keep Burns and cut Simonton.

We have enough returners on the team- an extra Fullback/RB would be more helpful- plus Burns is a better ST player.

You are thinking of Luke Lawton

Tatonka
05-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
If they cut Joe Burns, wys won't be able to see straight.

why?

Originally posted by Dozerdog
I'd rather keep Burns and cut Simonton.

We have enough returners on the team- an extra Fullback/RB would be more helpful- plus Burns is a better ST player.

You are thinking of Luke Lawton

they may keep burns if we keep 6 rbs.. i think we may only keep 5.

lawton is who i was thinking of.

Earthquake Enyart
05-17-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
why?

During the wys phase of hating Travis Henry, he was in love with Burns. Then he changed his mind and loved Henry and turned his evil focus on Drew and TD.

Tatonka
05-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
During the wys phase of hating Travis Henry, he was in love with Burns. Then he changed his mind and loved Henry and turned his evil focus on Drew and TD.

oic.. i thought that burns didnt come here till after henry's second year.. in which case wys was already in love with him.