• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Peters a FB?

I know Jason peters is a TE, and possibily an OT but what about a FB/H-back type. Could it work? Just an idea maybe only for goaline and 3rd/4th and 1 situations.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • mypoorfriendme
    • Apr 2003

peters will be on the field on any third or fourth and short situations reguardless if its at TE, H-back, or tackle
    the dude abides

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
      • Jul 2002

..if he makes the team...

let's not forget that not only did we not draft him, 31 other teams didnt either.
      Its all about the quest.

Comment

• thefixer74
        Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
        • Apr 2004

That was because he blocked most of the time.He didn't have huge numbers because they didn't throw the ball alot,mostly ran.For 6'4" and 330,he has good speed,I think he ran a 4.73-40 at the combine.I think he is the blocking TE we need.
        To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• B-DON
          hi
          • Mar 2004

i hope he does something cuz alot of people in here keep hyping him up

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

he wasn't drafted mostly because he played OT for most/all of his career. He was basically a TE for his senior year, in which he split time as a 3rd TE and Tackle eligible.

Good hands, but look for him as a Butch Rolle more than anything else.

What got the scouts attention was how good he did in a Tackle eligible role, and how well his physical workouts went. Look at his stats if you want to see why he didn’t go in the draft.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

He also had a Wonderlic of about 9. But he's an intriguing prospect who costs us nothing if he bombs out.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• John Doe
                Florida Man
                • Jul 2002

But he's an intriguing prospect who costs us nothing if he bombs out.
                Exactly. The guy was not worth a draft pick. He will have to show something on special teams to make the roster, and if he does make it, the only time he will see on offense is short yardage.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I think as a tackle eligible player in the red zone he could be dynamic. He'll have to earn his spot but he could be a value FA.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• toughluck
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by John Doe

Exactly. The guy was not worth a draft pick. He will have to show something on special teams to make the roster, and if he does make it, the only time he will see on offense is short yardage.
                    I don't exactly see a 330 pound tight end playing on special teams anytime in the near future....
                    "Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" - "It's time to toss the dice."

Comment

• John Doe
                      Florida Man
                      • Jul 2002

I don't exactly see a 330 pound tight end playing on special teams anytime in the near future....
                      I'm refering to him as a lineman on the punting team who blocks and then covers. He has more speed than any of the other behemoths on the o-line. He might find a niche there, especially if he loses some weight. He might make a great "wedge buster" on the kickoff coverage teams too.
                      Last edited by John Doe; 04-27-2004, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• chubluv
                        BillsZone bowling team MVP
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33

Good hands, but look for him as a Butch Rolle more than anything else.

thats what I'm hoping for. Hell just let him be the QB on short & inches he can take the snap and just fall forward.(ok thats a little outrageous , but I can see him as a butch rolle type of guy) & he could be like that Big guy in WILCATS and block FG s & PAT's...

We are in 5th place
                        Clump is on the IR
                        Chubluv average is 167
                        Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                        Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                          • Mar 2003

Whoze Butch Rolle?
                          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                            Whoze Butch Rolle?
                            Please tell me you're joking
                            TE who played with the Bills 86-91, Cards 92-93
                            caught 10 passes from 87-91 while a Bill....all TDs. A lot of them on the same goalline plays
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster

Please tell me you're joking
                              Do you feel the need to insult someone with every quote?

Yes, I know who Rolle is, but with McKeller and Metzelars playing ahead of him while he was here, I don't expect everyone to know him.

Comment

Working...
                              X