PDA

View Full Version : How about a question from the QBs

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2004, 09:09 AM
After posting and discussing with Spaz, let us ask this question. Who will win more SBs as a starter in their career.

1. Eli Manning - cost P. Rivers (4th pick), 3rd round pick, 1st round in 2005, and 5th round in 2005.
2. Phillip Rivers - cost - 1st round draft pick
3. Ben Roethlisberger - cost - 1st round draft pick
4. JP Losman - cost - 2nd round pick, 5th round pick, and 1st round pick in 2005.
5. Drew Henson - cost - 3rd round pick
6. Matt Schaub - cost - 3rd round pick
7. Other

My pick is Henson.

casdhf
04-27-2004, 09:25 AM
There's a suprise.

My pick:

J.P. Losman :up:

TedMock
04-27-2004, 09:29 AM
If Schaub does it's from the bench. Henson's playing for Parcell's so he has to get some votes. My pick will be Losman. Hey, we have to have faith in our team.

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 09:33 AM
having Parcells as a coach is the only thing going for Henson.

RedEyE
04-27-2004, 09:57 AM
I think it's difficult to judge who is going to win more SBs. I think the question should be, who will be more successful or who will have the greatest impact on their team?

There is a good chance that none of the above will ever see a SB in their upcoming careers.

I project that Manning will be a bust. I just don't see the same physical charchteristics in him that his brother carries. In fact, I think he might even be a less physical of all the QBs taken in the draft. What seperates Manning from the rest is:
1) family history and
2)his mind for the game. Where he lacks the physical ability he makes up for it with football smarts. He'll read defenses well and he'll have to because the blitzing won't stop in the NFC East.

I think that with Collins leaping out of NY spells out bad things for Manning's immediate future. He's going to get banged around pretty hard behind that Giant O-line. At times he reminds me of a scared kid doing what his Father asks of him. Starting QB, day one for the Giants, is just too damn soon. Coughlin may help, but Gilbride can only cause damage.

Roethlisberger: Pittsburgh is always a contender. This seaason Maddox will be the starter, but if Tommy falters at all, look for Big Ben to step in and show what he's got. I think the organization that Ben has signed with puts him in the best position for a championship. Ben Roethlisberger fits in nicely as a Steeler.

Rivers: San Diego, San Diego, San Diego.........
Well let's see. Rivers is probably the best QB to come out of this years draft, IMO. Collectively, as a whole, he is a complete package that could start day 1 of the season. However, where are his weapons? The Chargers have no Oline, and little WRs to help out. IMO, the Chargers should have went with Gallery as there top pick and given Brees another year to prove his worth. Drew Brees just needs a few weapons in that line up to help his game. Problem in San Digo is money, Schottenheimer, talent, and now QB controversy. All of these combined give Rivers little hope of success in San Diego.

JP Losman.............He'll sit for a minimum of two years unless, Bledsoe finds himself injured or playing at a level that delivers him a seat on the bench. Losman is a physical QB with a drive and passion that sets him apart of the rest of his draft mates. He has great upper body strength, and can launch a ball nearly as well as Mike Vick or Brett Favre, but his feet are just ugly. While he might be one of the better QBs out of the pocket, his technique in the pocket leaves a lot to be desired. Sam Wyche will help this kid and as long as his 'tude doesn't get in the way of his learning, he should prove to be a mighty weapon for the Bills. He has a long way to go though. 2 year minimum on the bench.

Drew Henson.............(I think I'm naming my first born son Drew, = instant access to the NFL) Anyway, Drew Henson reminds me of another baseball player decided to try a football career instead...Chris Weinke...and we all know how far that went. Hype should be Henson's middle name, but there is one intangible that makes me second guess myself......Bill Parcells. If Parcells sees greatness in this kid there has to be some truth to it. Afterall, look what Parcells did for a less talented Quincy Carter. Parcells and the Dallas Cowboy organization might be the right formula for Henson to make his mark on the NFL. He'll have to compete for the position first, and I'm not too sure that Carter is quite finished in Dallas. Could prove messy.

In all....Big Ben get's my vote of confidence.

Dantheman1280
04-27-2004, 11:17 AM
BIG BEN

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Losman for sure.

Halbert
04-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Travis Brown

DraftBoy
04-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Ben or Losman. Eli will be a bust in that NY media. Btw I think a surprise player may be Carson Palmer.

doug45
04-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Manning - Ben

HenryRules
04-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
having Parcells as a coach is the only thing going for Henson.

Considering that a lot of posters here say that different coaching would have given us 3 or 4 more wins last year, I'd say that's a hell of a thing to have going for him and not something to dismiss so easily.

Bled2Hen
04-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Manning is a bust, for sure! Big Ben will get the Steelers to the playoffs in his first full season, and I see him being a great QB. He may see a superbowl. Phillip? Nope! I see this guy being like a Tom Brady type of QB, just with horrible coaches, Bad o-line, Midget recievers, and who is their TE? They got nobody but Tomlinson. He won't do anything in his career because SD don't spend enough money on good players, and they dont draft well. They need to surround him with some talent, then he will be a good player. I know I compared him to Brady, but Brady has a defense beind him as well, so, Rivers won't sniff a SB in SD. J.P Losman. This guy is confident, and he looks great! He loves working out, and watching film. After Drew wins a superbowl, J.P will take over and win some more. I'm not just saying this because J.P is on my team. I think he can be a great QB, with some help on his foot work!

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Considering that a lot of posters here say that different coaching would have given us 3 or 4 more wins last year, I'd say that's a hell of a thing to have going for him and not something to dismiss so easily.
true..and I'm not totally dismissing it...but the guy has a long ways to go before he'll be a decent NFL QB after bailing out on the game so long ago. At least we have a pretty solid team that just needs to mesh.