PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe's contract re-negotiated.

madness
04-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Nice, just got a text from V. Coach.

Bulldog
04-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Any details?

Michael82
04-27-2004, 09:43 AM
:snicker:

Michael82
Way to be a team player, Drew! :up:

:bf1:

toughluck
must.....know.....more....

juice
04-27-2004, 09:44 AM
$7 Million option no longer in contract.

Re: Billsdaily

TedMock
04-27-2004, 09:49 AM
what exactly is v. coach? I've seen you guys mention it a bunch of times but never heard of it otherwise.

Thomas D
04-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Great news!

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Bills Direct just verified it..no details as of yet :up:

justasportsfan
04-27-2004, 09:54 AM
:drinker: <------- wys :snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2004, 10:00 AM
:clap:

BAM
04-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Yes! I'm impressed, Drew :up:

TypicalBill
04-27-2004, 10:08 AM
The Buffalo Bills have reached an agreement with quarterback Drew Bledsoe to restructure his contract, two league sources confirmed for ESPN.com on Tuesday.

Details were not immediately available.

The new deal will preclude the Bills from having to pay Bledsoe, coming off one of the poorest seasons of his career, an exorbitant option bonus in November to retain him. More important, from a football standpoint, it will almost certainly keep the 11-year veteran in Buffalo beyond the coming season and eases the urgency for the Bills to prepare rookie J.P. Losman to be the starter in 2005.

Read More.. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1790721)

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 10:10 AM
:clap:

RedEyE
04-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Glad that is finally out of the way. Now let's play some football.

Canadian'eh!
04-27-2004, 10:14 AM
FANTASTIC NEWS..... i've been saying he would do this for a year now... thanks for nt making me a liar Drew.

I know a lot of you guys hate Drew, but you have to admit, he'sa class act and a team first player.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2004, 10:25 AM
There is a press conference like at 3 today.

JayWood
04-27-2004, 10:27 AM
That what I like to hear....Thanks Drew!!!

Gunzlingr
04-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Way to go Drew. I hope he can light it up this year.

matt
04-27-2004, 10:33 AM
That is good, because I think QBs really should have a couple years of grooming...ala Pennington, and Mcnair.

Dantheman1280
04-27-2004, 10:44 AM
YES agreed

Dozerdog
Originally posted by TypicalBill
The Buffalo Bills have reached an agreement with quarterback Drew Bledsoe to restructure his contract, two league sources confirmed for ESPN.com on Tuesday.

Details were not immediately available.

The new deal will preclude the Bills from having to pay Bledsoe, coming off one of the poorest seasons of his career, an exorbitant option bonus in November to retain him. More important, from a football standpoint, it will almost certainly keep the 11-year veteran in Buffalo beyond the coming season and eases the urgency for the Bills to prepare rookie J.P. Losman to be the starter in 2005.

Read More.. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1790721)

Get this story on the front page please!

I have to go to work

Dozerdog
So basivcally- they most lokely had the nuts & bolts worked out and were waiting post draft activity to settle down before announcing it.:up:

Romes
04-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Fantastic news!! :up:

Drew is the consummate team player

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Get this story on the front page please!

I have to go to work
Done :up:

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
what exactly is v. coach? I've seen you guys mention it a bunch of times but never heard of it otherwise.

vcoach is something that verizon wireless offers.. they send text messages immediately upon getting any breaking news.. and it normally faster than espn and stuff.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Well, now that Drew has lessened his salary, it would be nice to see the people who said that he wouldn't acknowledge that they were wrong.

As much as I think Drew is being a team player here, I also think he is looking at his future as well. He sees this kid they just drafted and knows there is a certain amount of wrinting on the wall. He knows that he is getting up in age and his big payday days are over. If he wants to be with a winner again, he will have to make concessions and one of them will be some of his salary so that his team can sign good talent. I also think he wants to have a chance to play for at least three more years and the only way to do that with a semblance of comfort will be to stay in the same place and this was the only way he would be able to do this. With that bonus, it was almost a sure thing that he was gone next year.

Thank you Drew and let's hope for a good season this year. :)

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 11:09 AM
great.. so now we dont pay drew a bonus.. and we just have to pay him his overpriced 6 million this season and he may be around longer. is this really something to get excited about? i would have much rather just seen them pay him his 2 million roster bonus, and cut him after the season is over.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey T, I see the F the Drew truce now on your title, but haven't seen any real Drew bashings, have I just missed them? :)

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 11:10 AM
has he changed his salary at all? or just voided the ridiculous 7 million dollar bonus that he had no chance in hell of seeing.. that bonus just guarenteed he would be cut.. so he got rid of the bonus so there is a slim chance that if he plays halfway decent, he will be around another damn year.

mybills
04-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
:drinker: &lt;------- wys :snicker:

:rofl:

Tatonka
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
Hey T, I see the F the Drew truce now on your title, but haven't seen any real Drew bashings, have I just missed them? :)

everyone knows how bad he is.. including the front office.. so there is no reason to bash him right now.

chernobylwraiths
Originally posted by Tatonka
great.. so now we dont pay drew a bonus.. and we just have to pay him his overpriced 6 million this season and he may be around longer. is this really something to get excited about? i would have much rather just seen them pay him his 2 million roster bonus, and cut him after the season is over.

You don't sound to excited about this. Isn't this a nice way to save the team some money? Hey, if you want to take a look at it from your point of view, look at it as that after this season, we don't have to pay him ANY money to release him instead of two million. Does that make you feel better? :)

TedMock
04-27-2004, 11:12 AM

vcoach is something that verizon wireless offers.. they send text messages immediately upon getting any breaking news.. and it normally faster than espn and stuff.

what's it cost?

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2004, 11:13 AM

everyone knows how bad he is.. including the front office.. so there is no reason to bash him right now.

Oh, I don't know. I don't think EVERYONE knows how bad he is. :D

But I agree, there is no reason to bash him now. Wait until after our first loss where he throws an INT and is sacked a couple times. :D

saviorbledsoe
04-27-2004, 11:15 AM

Always something to b1tch about with you Jeremy. :rocket:

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 11:16 AM
You don't sound to excited about this. Isn't this a nice way to save the team some money? Hey, if you want to take a look at it from your point of view, look at it as that after this season, we don't have to pay him ANY money to release him instead of two million. Does that make you feel better. :)

well.. to my understanding, they just cut the 7 million dollar bonus that activates the last 3 years of his deal.. but we would still owe him a 2 million dollar bonus if we had to cut him. it doesnt save us any money on this years cap if that is the case... that 7 million dollar bonus was just a guarentee that we WOULD cut him, because there is no way TD was going to pay that. this deal essentially makes it more likely that we keep him, if i understand it correctly.. i guess we will wait to hear more.

Originally posted by TedMock
what's it cost?

like .10 cents a page or something. i love it.

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Always something to b1tch about with you Jeremy. :rocket:

of coarse i am going to ***** if this deal makes it more likely that we keep him.. i want to see losman next year.. not drew.

Tatonka
next year, as in after this upcoming season.. i have no problem with jp behind drew for one year.

The_Philster
you can get VCoach here (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/index.cfm?cont_id=119570)

saviorbledsoe
04-27-2004, 11:19 AM

of coarse i am going to ***** if this deal makes it more likely that we keep him.. i want to see losman next year.. not drew.

You wont even give him a chance to regain his former self this year? Now that he has Peerless (Evans) back?

TedMock
04-27-2004, 11:20 AM

saviorbledsoe
04-27-2004, 11:22 AM
next year, as in after this upcoming season.. i have no problem with jp behind drew for one year.

And if (hypothetically) we go to the divisional playoffs this year or further. What then on the above statement?

TedMock
04-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
you can get VCoach here (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/index.cfm?cont_id=119570)

cool, thanks.

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2004, 11:26 AM
I read someplace that since the salary cap took effect, Drew has already made more money than any other NFL player. Nice to see him redo his deal with class, rather than act like a big baby like Collins.

pats-were-right
04-27-2004, 11:31 AM

Bingo.

You wont even give him a chance to regain his former self this year?

And by "former self" you mean the guy who is paid like a "leader" and during his only playoff run was ordered to play like a "Dilfer"?????

Now that he has Peerless (Evans) back?

Ahhh the classic "all he needs is another receiver" - brings me back.

Halbert
04-27-2004, 11:36 AM
This is going to be so cool ...

Plankton
04-27-2004, 11:36 AM
This is great news. I'm pumped. Come on Drew. Big year baby!

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 11:39 AM
You wont even give him a chance to regain his former self this year? Now that he has Peerless (Evans) back?

savior.. for the tenth time.. drew only played good for the first 6 games of 2002.. he had more turnovers than tds in the final 10 games of 2002, and was pathetic in 2003. i didnt ever like his "former" self.. and after 11 years.. that is not going to change.. he cant win big games against top teams.. never has.. never will.. period.

And if (hypothetically) we go to the divisional playoffs this year or further. What then on the above statement?

that will never happen with drew at the helm.. but if it did.. i would say we lucked out and still get rid of him while his trade price is high.. because we would be lucky enough that he could do that one year in a row.. let alone two.

Originally posted by pats-were-right
Bingo.

And by "former self" you mean the guy who is paid like a "leader" and during his only playoff run was ordered to play like a "Dilfer"?????

Ahhh the classic "all he needs is another receiver" - brings me back.

exactly.

Bulldog
04-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey, pats-were-right, have they posted the details of the contract yet? If not, how can you be so sure that the only part of the contract that was voided was the $7 million in bonus money?

DraftBoy
04-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Im glad he got rid of his 7 million dollar bonus but in all reality what does it do? We all know and Im sure he does too that there was no way he was going to ever see it. If his base salary came down then good for Drew and the team. Im glad to see he has renogiated but I withold praising him till I see details and cap effects.

saviorbledsoe
04-27-2004, 11:49 AM

savior.. for the tenth time.. drew only played good for the first 6 games of 2002.. he had more turnovers than tds in the final 10 games of 2002, and was pathetic in 2003. i didnt ever like his &quot;former&quot; self.. and after 11 years.. that is not going to change.. he cant win big games against top teams.. never has.. never will.. period.

that will never happen with drew at the helm.. but if it did.. i would say we lucked out and still get rid of him while his trade price is high.. because we would be lucky enough that he could do that one year in a row.. let alone two.

exactly.

And now I know. U r hoplessely Wys Jr. and I no longer need to question you. Goodbye :)

PS. Drew is here for 3 more years. DEAL WITH IT!

TypicalBill
04-27-2004, 11:54 AM
IMO, if he plays like the 1st half of the 2002 season, i cant see why we would want to put Losman in. If he doesn't, then we have Losman with experience under his belt ready to take over....it a win-win situation. One thing's for sure, im so glad we grabbed a QB this season, looks like next year's draft is weak, especially for QB's.

Mahdi
04-27-2004, 11:54 AM
First of all drew has won a big game- pats vs steelers AFC championship game...even though he came off the bench he still threw 2 tds to win the game....second buffalo has been a sub par team the last i don know how many years mostly due to coaching. Drew has all the tools to be successful with and hopefully this year he has the coaching and supporting cast to make it happen. Drew IS ALL CLASS !! unlike so many other players in this league.
well done DB.

Halbert
04-27-2004, 11:55 AM
We can have a contest to find the most enthusiastic Drew bashing threads and then vote on who were the biggest Drew haters.

justasportsfan
04-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
IMO, if he plays like the 1st half of the 2002 season, I think that's what Savior meant by "former self" If Drew plays just like that first half of the season all year, what then?

Canadian'eh!
04-27-2004, 12:00 PM
forget about the steelers game even. It was Drew that took the pats to teh super bowl in 98. he's been to the big one before and he can again.

I don't understand the bashing. It's put up or be gone time. If he is not successful he will be gone. might as well hope he does we so the team does well. They could bring in Saddam Hussein and i wouldn't care as long as we had a 10-6 record and made the playoffs.

Halbert
04-27-2004, 12:02 PM
Based on their past postings we can have an official Drew Hater certification and award a special logo.

DraftBoy
04-27-2004, 12:10 PM
OOOOHH, OOOOHH can I get one?

DraftBoy
04-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Seriously though as TB said this is a win win situation for Buffalo. Drew has renogtiated so if he returns to form (1998 form) then he gets to stick around in 2005 albeit still play for his job though bc in 05 Losman will have enough exp to at least begin to challenge for the starting job.

Demon
04-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Hate him or love him, we need to give him his dues. He came up to the plate and did what is best for the team. Gotta respect that in Drew. Thanks Drew !!

doug45
04-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Plankton
This is great news. I'm pumped. Come on Drew. Big year baby!

This is bad news as we will continue on the same path as the last few years. Drew was not just bad last year he has gotten worse year to year. He has had like 6 good games since comming here, and has only gotten worse.

Halbert
04-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
OOOOHH, OOOOHH can I get one?
You have quite a ways to go, my son, before you can become a Drew hating master. If you wish to seek that grail do so in haste because the day the truth will be revealed draws near.

pats-were-right
04-27-2004, 12:28 PM
First of all drew has won a big game- pats vs steelers AFC championship game...even though he came off the bench he still threw 2 tds to win the game.

Who in the what now? I appreciate the ONE good throw for the ONE touchdown he threw in that game - rest of it was kinda crappy. Other scores were thanks to defense and special teams.

It was Drew that took the pats to teh super bowl in 98. he's been to the big one before and he can again.

No - defense and special teams playing out of their minds (notice a pattern?) and lucking out by facing an overmatched Jacksonville team at home in the AFCC are what "took" them to the Super Bowl. As mentioned, Drew "Dilfered" the Pittsburgh and Jacksonville games that year and while he didn't totally choke in the Super Bowl against Green Bay, he didn't play well.

justasportsfan
04-27-2004, 12:33 PM

Who in the what now? I appreciate the ONE good throw for the ONE touchdown he threw in that game - rest of it was kinda crappy. Other scores were thanks to defense and special teams.

No - defense and special teams playing out of their minds (notice a pattern?) and lucking out by facing an overmatched Jacksonville team at home in the AFCC are what &quot;took&quot; them to the Super Bowl. As mentioned, Drew &quot;Dilfered&quot; the Pittsburgh and Jacksonville games that year and while he didn't totally choke in the Super Bowl against Green Bay, he didn't play well.

Yo, yo, yo! Wazzup dawg? I think Bulldawg AXED you a question.

pats-were-right
04-27-2004, 12:38 PM

Yo, yo, yo! Wazzup dawg? I think Bulldawg AXED you a question.

But you know I can only dish it out and can't take it!

Beats me what the answer to his question is - I read the press releases like anyone else.

buffmaniac
04-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Whenever someone brings up the bad play of the OL, the injury to Moulds, or the idiocy of Gilbride it automatically is that we are just making excuses for Drew. But then when someone mentions the times Drew played well all we get are excuses about how he was playing a bad defense or his defense/STs carried the team.

saviorbledsoe
04-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by buffmaniac
Whenever someone brings up the bad play of the OL, the injury to Moulds, or the idiocy of Gilbride it automatically is that we are just making excuses for Drew. But then when someone mentions the times Drew played well all we get are excuses about how he was playing a bad defense or his defense/STs carried the team.

EXACTLY!!!! Thank you!

True Hypocracy at its Ugliest Posts Here Often. Like 8804 Times :)

zdro22
04-27-2004, 12:49 PM
yes yes all of this losman and bledsoe talk is fine.....BUT we missed out on a sure fire Hall of Famer, sounds like he was right in out grasps!!! (Sarcasm?)

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/sports/8528409.htm

DraftBoy
04-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Halbert

You have quite a ways to go, my son, before you can become a Drew hating master. If you wish to seek that grail do so in haste because the day the truth will be revealed draws near.

I have so much to learn......

Romes
04-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Bledsoe is nearing the end of his career. He is a family man and does not want to deal with all the turmoil that comes with being a FA. He likes it here in Buffalo, thus he reworked his contract. No big deal. This move does not solidify our intent for the next three year. In fact knowing how TD works this move most likely actually increased our flexibility.

The reason to be happy about this move is because it will give the Bills more options with Drew.

pats-were-right
04-27-2004, 01:07 PM

Nice explanation of the first six games of '02 there.

I thought Dilfer played well in 2000 and Drew "Dilfered" his only successful playoff run to date so I have indirectly admitted he played well.

He played REALLY well the second halves of the '94 and '98 seasons and the first half of the '99 season.

He played REALLY well during the '97 season before he imploded in the playoffs.

Jin Everett played well at times too.

Happy?

mchurchfie
04-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Nice explanation of the first six games of '02 there.

I thought Dilfer played well in 2000 and Drew "Dilfered" his only successful playoff run to date so I have indirectly admitted he played well.

He played REALLY well the second halves of the '94 and '98 seasons and the first half of the '99 season.

He played REALLY well during the '97 season before he imploded in the playoffs.

Jin Everett played well at times too.

Happy?

So what's your point other than to bash Drew:idunno:...shouldn't you be more concerned about other things like how your Boston Bruins got *****slapped in the first round by the Canadiens of all teams? Joe Thornton, now talk about a noshow in the POs:rolleyes::snicker:

justasportsfan
04-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Whenever someone brings up the bad play of the OL, the injury to Moulds, or the idiocy of Gilbride it automatically is that we are just making excuses for Drew. But then when someone mentions the times Drew played well all we get are excuses about how he was playing a bad defense or his defense/STs carried the team. not entirely true. If you have the tape of the colts games, Drew was way off in hitting his targets. He was missing reed 10-15 yds away and Reed had to make circus catches when he did catch those balls. He did the same thing in other games.

Sorry, OL , Gilbride, GW , RUEL and DREW should share equal blame in our horrible O. It was stupid of Gilbride to think Drew was a type of qb who could adjust and say "screw it, I running this team like Kelly did."

pats-were-right
04-27-2004, 01:48 PM
shouldn't you be more concerned about other things like how your Boston Bruins got *****slapped in the first round by the Canadiens of all teams? Joe Thornton, now talk about a noshow in the POs

calling them "my" Bruins assumes I give a rat's ass about hockey. Anyhoo, this is a football forum, isn't it?

My "point" was that I was answering a specific comment directed at me and others that hate his game.

Despite the incomprehensibility of your post I like your signature pic.

pats-were-right
04-27-2004, 01:50 PM
He was missing reed 10-15 yds away and Reed had to make circus catches when he did catch those balls. He did the same thing in other games.

Those would be the plays Drew lovers forget to account for when they whine that not all picks are a QB's fault.

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Those would be the plays Drew lovers forget to account for when they whine that not all picks are a QB's fault.

Hey Pats wtf do you really care anyway the Bills aren't your team.

pats-were-right
04-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Hey Pats wtf do you really care anyway the Bills aren't your team.

The moment Donahue publicly and smugly insisted that he screwed the Pats over not once but twice it became my mission to kick him and his boy in the nuts repeatedly.

Plus I provide good ammunition and reinforcements for seasoned Drew bashers like Tatonka and Fairway.

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 02:08 PM
The moment Donahue publicly and smugly insisted that he screwed the Pats over not once but twice it became my mission to kick him and his boy in the nuts repeatedly.

Plus I provide good ammunition and reinforcements for seasoned Drew bashers like Tatonka and Fairway.

Meaning you are nothing more than a troll!:up:

Novacane
04-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Well, now that Drew has lessened his salary, it would be nice to see the people who said that he wouldn't acknowledge that they were wrong.

Have we seen the details of this contract yet? Yes.............it makes him cap friendly this season but what if he blows again. Then it will hurt us in the future to cut him. I wish they would have just let him play this year on a tryout basis

Novacane
04-27-2004, 02:21 PM

When did he say that?

DraftBoy
04-27-2004, 02:23 PM

Im hurt that im not listed :unhappy:

Novacane
04-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
I withold praising him till I see details and cap effects.

Exactly. I will make a decision on this deal when I see the details. This singing that Drew has done a selfless thing is baseless until we see what he got for doing it.

B-DON
04-27-2004, 02:27 PM
let NE speak his mind. half of us bills fans say the same things

mchurchfie
04-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Meaning you are nothing more than a troll!:up:

Bingo!:up:

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Exactly. I will make a decision on this deal when I see the details. This singing that Drew has done a selfless thing is baseless until we see what he got for doing it.

This is funny. And what to you is being selfless? Would he have to go down to 2 or 3 million a year? I think Drew was due about 6 million per year in base for the next three plus the november bonus. I heard that the contract was ripped up and a new one signed. It is supposed to be team incentive based, so things like the playoffs and wins are more the bonus then yards. I would not be unhappy if he signed a deal that averaged 5 mil per season for the next three.

justasportsfan
04-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Where did Pats-W-R go?

pats-were-right
04-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Sorry I had actual work to do. To answer Fairway's Q, Donahue said in response to a question early in the '03 season whether Milloy can still play: "The Patriots thought so. They tried to sign him. But then again [even if they didn't think so] they thought Drew Bledsoe was washed up too." That's a slap in the face in my book.

Sorry Draft Boy - I don't hang out here consistently enough to remember everyone.

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Bingo!:up:

:beers:

pats-were-right
04-27-2004, 04:26 PM
yeah this is probably the one board where I do "troll" for Drew topics . Guilty as charged, but I'd prefer the term "theme-based poster".

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Looks like he's taking 4 Million this year, $4.5 Million in 2005.

Hey Pats-were-right-

I don't get it- Your coach threw Milloy out like it was trash day- just as the season started.

Wheatjer it was a classy move on the pats part or not- not me to judge- If they didn't want him they easilly could have cut him June 1. That being said- we got him for $4million or so a year- and he was a piece of the puzzle that helped solidify a defense. So getting Milloy for nothing was a great deal for the Bills.

I loved the tip he made for an INT in the opener too!

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10003/milloypats.JPG

ScottLawrence
04-27-2004, 05:13 PM
3.5 this year to be correct.

buffmaniac
04-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Don't get me wrong Drew needs to play better than he did 2003 but if you don't think that the OL, the WRs, and the coaching all were factors then I don't know what games you were watching.

I mean Drew restructured his contract to help the team. I think the least we can do is give him a chance with the new coaching staff and some new players to see if he can bounce back. When Drew gets time in the pocket and has weapons to throw to, he is still a very good QB. An average QB would not have had 4300yds 24 TDs 2 1000yd WRs 10 franchise records and a Pro Bowl invite in 2002.

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 06:11 PM
PS. Drew is here for 3 more years. DEAL WITH IT!

drew wont be anywhere if he puts up last seasons numbers. i dont care what his contract says.

Originally posted by Mahdi
First of all drew has won a big game- pats vs steelers AFC championship game...

yeah.. he had a great game.. he came in and lead ONE td drive.. one. he threw a 29 yard td pass. then did nothing else and was 10-21 for the game. he did not throw 2 tds passes... troy brown returned a kick off .. and they blocked another FG for a TD.. you obviously dont even know what happened in the game, so dont lecture me on how good he was. he made about 4 good passes.

I think that's what Savior meant by "former self" If Drew plays just like that first half of the season all year, what then?

have you seen our schedule? we dont play soft defenses that drew lit up early on in 2002.

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
forget about the steelers game even. It was Drew that took the pats to teh super bowl in 98. he's been to the big one before and he can again.

have you ever even looked at his numbers in his 1996 and 1997 years? and they went to the super bowl in 1996.. behind a great defense and a great rb.. not drew. he also had the best coaching staff ever assembled with parcels, belichick, weiss, cernell.. ect.

in bledsoes best season, he hasnt even touched brett farves 6th best season.. bledsoe has never thrown alot of tds.. and has always turned the ball over.. he gets his name from the big yardage against ****box defenses.. just like in 2002 when he had 400+ yards and 3 tds against minnesotas defense wow.. and gets eaten alive by good teams that we need wins against.

if he can just play as good as trent dilfer, i would be happy.

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Stats in football have to be the biggest crock-o - crap ...I grow more convinced of this every time I read/listen to you know who. And It's not just the Bledsoe argument.

There are 51 variables on the roster every year, 12 variables on the coaching staff, and 16 variables on the schedule to all add in each time you dip into the well.

Baseball Pitchers, FG kickers, Punters, Bowlers, Golfers, and Free Throw % in basketball are the only positions or feats in sports you can compare season to season. One man, one skill-

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 06:24 PM
and weightlifters

buffmaniac
04-27-2004, 06:26 PM
have you ever even looked at his numbers in his 1996 and 1997 years? and they went to the super bowl in 1996.. behind a great defense and a great rb.. not drew. he also had the best coaching staff ever assembled with parcels, belichick, weiss, cernell.. ect.

Well then by this logic I guess Brady isn't a good QB either. He has had the best coaching staff in the league his entire career along with one of the top defenses. I think both of those have played into the success which Brady has achieved thus far so I guess he isn't any good just a product of his surroundings.

And also I've seen Drew's #s in 96 and 97 and they were pretty good. He did go to the pro bowl in both those years. Finally Drew definitely played a part in that team making it to the super bowl in 96. It wasn't anything like what Dilfer did in 2000.

The fact is that when Drew has had the talent around him he has been one of the top QBs in the league.

mchurchfie
04-27-2004, 06:53 PM
drew wont be anywhere if he puts up last seasons numbers. i dont care what his contract says.

yeah.. he had a great game.. he came in and lead ONE td drive.. one. he threw a 29 yard td pass. then did nothing else and was 10-21 for the game. he did not throw 2 tds passes... troy brown returned a kick off .. and they blocked another FG for a TD.. you obviously dont even know what happened in the game, so dont lecture me on how good he was. he made about 4 good passes.

have you seen our schedule? we dont play soft defenses that drew lit up early on in 2002.

in bledsoes best season, he hasnt even touched brett farves 6th best season.. bledsoe has never thrown alot of tds.. and has always turned the ball over.. he gets his name from the big yardage against ****box defenses.. just like in 2002 when he had 400+ yards and 3 tds against minnesotas defense wow.. and gets eaten alive by good teams that we need wins against.

if he can just play as good as trent dilfer, i would be happy.

The "Ghost of Wys-mas Past.":eek:

Philagape
04-27-2004, 06:59 PM
have you ever even looked at his numbers in his 1996 and 1997 years? and they went to the super bowl in 1996.. behind a great defense and a great rb.. not drew.

1996:
Bledsoe: 59.9 percent, 4,086 yards, 27 TDs, 15 INTs
Curtis Martin: 1,152 yards, 3.6 per carry, 14 TDs

1997:
Bledsoe: 60.2 percent, 3,706 yards, 28 TDs, 15 INTs
Martin: 1,160 yards, 4.2 per carry, 4 TDs

Like I've said before, that doesn't sound like an offense led by Curtis Martin.

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 07:02 PM
1994 cle L,13-20 | 21 50 235 1 3 | 2 2 0
1996 pit W,28-3 | 14 24 164 1 2 | 1 -1 0
1996 jax W,20-6 | 20 33 178 0 1 | 1 4 0
*1996 gnb L,21-35 | 25 48 253 2 4 | 1 1 0
1997 mia W,17-3 | 16 32 139 1 0 | 2 4 0
1997 pit L,6-7 | 23 44 264 0 2 | 2 -4 0
2001 pit W,24-17 | 10 21 102 1 0 | 4 1 0
---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------
TOTAL | 129 252 1335 6 12 | 13 7 0

great in the playoffs too huh?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BledDr00.htm

started 1 game where he didnt have more turnovers than tds. one. that is not exactly what i call clutch.

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 07:03 PM
If I recall- they had Meggett, Gash,

helmetguy
04-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Stats in football have to be the biggest crock-o - crap ...I grow more convinced of this every time I read/listen to you know who. And It's not just the Bledsoe argument.

There are 51 variables on the roster every year, 12 variables on the coaching staff, and 16 variables on the schedule to all add in each time you dip into the well.

Baseball Pitchers, FG kickers, Punters, Bowlers, Golfers, and Free Throw % in basketball are the only positions or feats in sports you can compare season to season. One man, one skill-

Beautiful! FAN-FRIKKING-TASTIC!!! You oughta put that in your sig, for the bean counters to consider.

and weightlifters

Nice touch!

Originally posted by mchurchfie
The "Ghost of Wys-mas Past.":eek:

I thought it was just "Wys-ful thinking."

j/k Tonk.

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Philagape
1996:
Bledsoe: 59.9 percent, 4,086 yards, 27 TDs, 15 INTs
Curtis Martin: 1,152 yards, 3.6 per carry, 14 TDs

1997:
Bledsoe: 60.2 percent, 3,706 yards, 28 TDs, 15 INTs
Martin: 1,160 yards, 4.2 per carry, 4 TDs

Like I've said before, that doesn't sound like an offense led by Curtis Martin.

he also added another 600 yards in receiving during that time.. had 3 more receiving tds in 1996, and missed 3 games in 1997.. but after his almost 1500 yards as a rookie in 1995, your wrong if you dont think teams were focusing on him.

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 07:35 PM

:bf1: Brilliant post..of course, I've been saying that for months :ontome:

FG kickers need to rely on a good snap and hold..but that happens a good 95-99% of the time and Pitchers..if you go by strikes rather than ERA, wins-losses, or hits, I'll agree with you on that one as well.

Philagape
04-27-2004, 07:35 PM
All I'm saying is they weren't like the Ravens and Panthers, with Drew a non-factor, as was seemingly implied. At the very least, it was a balanced offense.