PDA

View Full Version : Odd Man out at WR

Thomas D
04-27-2004, 09:53 AM
We have a ton of WRs now. Who's gone? I guess Aiken isn't much of a prospect anymore.

justasportsfan
04-27-2004, 09:57 AM
:welcome:

Who knows. Competition at camp will be awsome. While Drew is playing with the first team, Lossman can be throwing to the others in the meantime.

Bulldog
04-27-2004, 10:01 AM
I don't think Buffalo will keep A. Brown for special teams purposes only this year. If he is going to stay, he will have to contribute something @ the WR position as well. Welcome to the Zone!

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Welcome aboard Thomas D!! Hope you stick around!

Thomas D
04-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm glad I found this place.

LtBillsFan66
04-27-2004, 10:07 AM
I've heard people list Aiken in their list of keepers too. Other than being drafted last year, he hasn't done squat! Someone said he was injured last season. Who knows. He was low on the depth chart all of last year...

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Antonio Brown, Clarence Coleman and Cedric Bonner all are probably on the outs.

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I've heard people list Aiken in their list of keepers too. Other than being drafted last year, he hasn't done squat! Someone said he was injured last season. Who knows. He was low on the depth chart all of last year...

Well you can't really tell what a player has after only a year and he was hurt last year too.

tampabay25690
04-27-2004, 10:21 AM
I do like the sounds of Moulds , Evans, Reed, and Shaw as a 4 WR set.......

justasportsfan
04-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Antonio Brown, Clarence Coleman and Cedric Bonner all are probably on the outs. Coleman has been pretty solid. That wr we drafted in the later rd. might not be better. I'd like to take a second look at Coleman and see if we can keep him. Shaw is getting up there in age as well.

matt
04-27-2004, 10:45 AM
To play a little conspiracy theory what do you do with moulds if his groin has lingering effects on his play. It is not unheard of for a reciever with as much wear and tear as he has. I think with as good shape that he keeps himself in he should be alright, but stranger things have happened.Personally I think as of right now you keep Moulds, Evans,Reed, everyone else fights for the last 2 maybe 3 spots. More then likely 3because Mularkey has gone on record as saying he will do some 3-4 reciever sets, however with McGahee's speed and the TE we got in the 4th round they could probably line up and create some mismatches. Hows this for a formation- 2 recievers(Moulds and Evans)2 Backs(Henry and McGahee) and a TE (Euhues). Then Mcgahee goes in motion to a third reciever spot- Euhues then goes out to the third reciever spot. That would make a linebacker cover either the TE or Mcgahee and create a bad mismatch. Not to mention single coverage on the outsides to either reciever.

Dantheman1280
04-27-2004, 11:07 AM
I think it will be Moulds,Reed,Evans,Aiken,Coleman. And Smith the return/WR

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 11:13 AM
the top 5 wrs that will see the field this year are

moulds
reed
evans
shaw
aiken

then coleman and brown and the rookie we drafted will fight for KR/PR duty and the last wr spot..

who ever doesnt make it will end up on the PS.. although i dont think brown and coleman are eligable.. but i could be wrong about coleman.

Bulldog
04-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
I think it will be Moulds,Reed,Evans,Aiken,Coleman. And Smith the return/WR

I don't think that cutting Shaw would be such a good move. Besides Moulds and Reed, the rest remain unproven at best. I think you could even make a case that Reed is also unproven for that matter.

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm not in favor of letting Shaw go either unless we get something solid in return for him. He played better than Reed at times last year.

chubluv
04-27-2004, 10:37 PM
No matter who our wr's are this year I think this is going to be a very exciting offence to watch. I just hope that Mularkey & The O-cordinater can devise the right scheme. Drew is going to have a good year then you can throw Henry & or willis into the mix running the ball. What about a 5 wide empty backfield set of Moulds & evans on the outside Reed, travis or willis & Shaw in the slot positions. That could be an awesome site to watch as long as Drew gets some protection up front so they can work there magic in the open field..

bills_7
04-27-2004, 10:57 PM
i hope we keep brown....

for at least another season...

he will be good on trick plays...

and i think he learned alot about KR/PR last season....

Demon
04-28-2004, 12:31 PM
I hated watching Antonio Brown. I hope he's gone but i don't think i'm too happy about moving Jonathan Smith into the return spot instead of Brown. Is that really an upgrade?

I think with Brown's speed, Mularkey can use him wisly. Kinda of how Pittsburgh used Antwan Randle-El. So i hope we keep him because we have noone better for returns, but i want Buffalo to have a plan B just incase Brown is garbage at returning kicks again.

Either way, i think our offense is going to be good enough to move the ball up the field so i'll be willing to risk having Brown for one more season. But i want to see his speed used on offense sometimes also.