PDA

View Full Version : I, Miyagi, hereby officially declare...

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2004, 12:10 PM
...that I'm a Drew lover. :miyagi:

:hail: Drew Bledsoe

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2004, 12:12 PM
The fact that he re-negotiated his contract terms shows that he's a team player. He has been before but now this just solidifies it.

I hope Drew plays his nuts off this season, wins us the big one, keeps the starting job for the 05 season, until he gracefully retires and hands the throne over to Losman.

:up::up:

justasportsfan
04-27-2004, 12:15 PM
He had no choice. If he didn't and he sucked, who will take him next year? With this move he gets to stay longer.

I do hope he plays like a probowler all year long whether he restructured or not.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
The fact that he re-negotiated his contract terms shows that he's a team player. He has been before but now this just solidifies it.

I hope Drew plays his nuts off this season, wins us the big one, keeps the starting job for the 05 season, until he gracefully retires and hands the throne over to Losman.

:clap: :drunks: :bf1:

Iehoshua
04-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Either way, he has no where else to go as a starter at least. I'm not praising him for making an intelligent choice. If he hadn't restructured, he would be plain dumb.

doug45
04-27-2004, 12:26 PM

We don't need a cheap QB we need a good one. This just prolongs the agony. He didn't do anything great, it was re-negotiate or retire.

buffmaniac
04-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Put Drew in a good offensive system with some time in the pocket and some weapons to throw to and he can still be a very good QB. Keeping him for a 2 or 3 more seasons until Losman is ready is a very good move.

Kolbiss
04-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by doug45
We don't need a cheap QB we need a good one. This just prolongs the agony. He didn't do anything great, it was re-negotiate or retire.

Not true! There are teams that would have gladly excepted him. The bottom line is what he did helped the Bills, give the guy a little credit!!!! Why does there always have to be a knock on him no matter what he does!

don137
04-27-2004, 01:28 PM
The thing is if Drew does bad Losman will start next year any ways.
Drew has a lot of weopans at his disposal right now and with this coaching staff he could have a really good year. If he refused to renegotiate he could of taken his 2 million buyout and set himself up for a decent signing bonus on another team as long as he has a decent year in '04...Like him or hate him it was a classy move on his part..

CWOUSARET
04-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
Either way, he has no where else to go as a starter at least. I'm not praising him for making an intelligent choice. If he hadn't restructured, he would be plain dumb.

don't kid yourself just because you are a drew hater - the truth is he would be the starter on more teams this year then all you drew haters would admit.

doug45
04-27-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET

don't kid yourself just because you are a drew hater - the truth is he would be the starter on more teams this year then all you drew haters would admit.

What teams? We should have made a great trade if it was so.

imbondz
04-27-2004, 03:08 PM
let's hope for another Elway ending w/ Drew's career

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by imbondz
let's hope for another Elway ending w/ Drew's career
:up:

Iehoshua
04-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET

Who's the one kidding themself here?..

Only because I point out the facts I am a "Drew hater." Why would I hate the qb starting for my team? I only dislike him because he's shown zero ability to create anything on his own and consistently chokes under pressure. I, like most other Bills fans hope he succeeds since he's the starter and I'm sick of losing seasons.

Still, I personally believe this team will go nowhere with Drew at the helm. I'll add that I'd like to be proven wrong on this.

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 04:49 PM
haters only point out the negative facts...objective fans can see both sides

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

:up::beers:

Kolbiss
04-27-2004, 04:58 PM

My thoughts exactally!!! Sometimes I wonder if these people ever enjoy or are happy about anything.

ShadowHawk7
04-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by danny4804
My thoughts exactally!!! Sometimes I wonder if these people ever enjoy or are happy about anything.

seriously... :cynic:

Iehoshua
04-27-2004, 05:38 PM

Agreed.

I just can't see any positive coming out of Drew remaining the starter!
:p:

I'm not going to bow at his feet for restructuring either, since if he didn't, he would be a fool. I acknowledge that he must have some sense left for doing it.

HenryRules
04-27-2004, 05:47 PM

I consider myself in the middle region of this debate. I think he's our best option for next year, but at the same time, anyone who says there's anything more than just "hope" for Drew next year is kidding themselves. Obviously a repeat of his performance last year is not acceptable. Was it all his fault? No. Was he a contributing factor? Yes. Remove the other contributing factors and would he have produced? Who knows, most hope so.

Everyone that talks about Drew being better next season says something along the lines of "Mularkey has made crappy QB's good before. He should be able to do something for Drew." Statements like that speak of Mularkey's skills, not Drew's.

I'm just curious what the other side is? Hope? That's not being very objective either then.

Iehoshua
04-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

I'm just curious what the other side is? Hope? That's not being very objective either then.

That's all I have in favor of Drew.

Objectively, the guy is washed up.

Mr. Cynical
04-27-2004, 06:07 PM
From the article:

”It looks like a win-win situation for everyone, but only time will tell,” Donahoe said. “One never knows what will happen with anyone in the NFL, but we just felt if we could do this, it was better for all parties.”

Translation: Drew is not our future hence the reason we bet the farm and got JP. However, we needed to buy a year for JP to adjust, and for $4.3M we felt it wasn't too steep.

As long as we can cut him after this year without taking a big hit then I'm ok with this move. I don't want to see him in a Bills' uniform after this year unless it is as a backup (which then brings up his salary question again, but I'll shelve that for now). I want to get JP started the following year.... the new era needs to begin.

Iehoshua
04-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
I want to get JP started the following year.... the new era needs to begin.

Amen!

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Seriously, I'm an RJ hater. :up:

Iehoshua
04-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Seriously, I'm an RJ hater. :up:

Anyone who isn't has issues.

Bert102176
04-27-2004, 08:28 PM
it shows he is a classy guy he knew he wasn't worth as much as he was suppose to get so he redid the contract, all hail Drew he has my respect.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
it shows he is a classy guy he knew he wasn't worth as much as he was suppose to get so he redid the contract, all hail Drew he has my respect.
There you go. RJ wouldn't have done that.

elltrain22
04-27-2004, 08:55 PM
What took him so long??

Dantheman1280
04-27-2004, 09:04 PM
From the article:

”It looks like a win-win situation for everyone, but only time will tell,” Donahoe said. “One never knows what will happen with anyone in the NFL, but we just felt if we could do this, it was better for all parties.”

Translation: Drew is not our future hence the reason we bet the farm and got JP. However, we needed to buy a year for JP to adjust, and for $4.3M we felt it wasn't too steep.

As long as we can cut him after this year without taking a big hit then I'm ok with this move. I don't want to see him in a Bills' uniform after this year unless it is as a backup (which then brings up his salary question again, but I'll shelve that for now). I want to get JP started the following year.... the new era needs to begin.

So if Drew has a comeback year and plays great you would still want J.P?

Iehoshua
04-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280

So if Drew has a comeback year and plays great you would still want J.P?

Absolutely. J.P. will have learned a lot in seeing Bledsoe do things right.

Look at Palmer/Kitna (granted Palmer was #1 overall..)

Kitna had a great year. His reward? GRAB SOME PINE, BUDDY!

Halbert
04-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Ok. That's crazy. Credibility siren going off, woo woo woo woo.

If Drew is playing well it would be stupid to go to Losman. Drew was a first overall draft pick, has been to SuperBowls and ProBowls, and would still be only 33. If he just completed a bounce back season there’s no reason to think he couldn’t do it again - certainly more likely than a 2nd year player. Forcing Losman in there would be Looney Tunes.

Hello. McFly.

thefixer74
04-27-2004, 10:46 PM

:bf1: :fab: :up: For the good of the team.

Mr. Cynical
04-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
Ok. That's crazy. Credibility siren going off, woo woo woo woo.

If Drew is playing well it would be stupid to go to Losman. Drew was a first overall draft pick, has been to SuperBowls and ProBowls, and would still be only 33. If he just completed a bounce back season there’s no reason to think he couldn’t do it again - certainly more likely than a 2nd year player. Forcing Losman in there would be Looney Tunes.

Hello. McFly.

:chief: Pull over, Reality Police coming through. :redcar:

Who cares if Drew was a 1st pick 11 years ago. That means absolutely nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. It only means something when you are drafting someone. After that it is all based on what they do on the field. *See Ryan Leaf.

As for him being in a Super Bowl...well, Trent Dilfer went to and WON one. How about Mark Rypien? Being a Super Bowl QB doesn't mean much by itself.

As for Pro Bowls....Drew went to one for the 02 season where he completely shat the bed the second half of the season. What does that tell you about the selection process?

All I'm saying is that it ain't gonna happen with Drew. It's over. After 11 years he's not going to "surprise" everyone and become a consistent winner. He may improve from last year (hard not to) but IMO he won't improve enough to warrant another year beyond this one.

We drafted our future with JP and I for one want to get that era started. I am done with the QB Carousel of Crap we've had since Kelly left 7 years ago. They had to keep Drew to try and have a watchable product on the field this year but IMO the race to the Dance doesn't start until JP is playing.

Mr. Cynical
04-27-2004, 11:16 PM

Absolutely. J.P. will have learned a lot in seeing Bledsoe do things right.

Look at Palmer/Kitna (granted Palmer was #1 overall..)

Kitna had a great year. His reward? GRAB SOME PINE, BUDDY!

:up:

Halbert
04-27-2004, 11:36 PM
I’ve removed all extraneous information from your post and here’s what’s left:

Funny but this is what I come up with every time I summarize your posts.

Coincidentally, and you may find this interesting, you are approaching the threshold of becoming only the second ever poster I've put on "ignore" on any message board anywhere (500 ZB's if anyone can name the first).

You still have time to save yourself but I feel obliged to inform you that if you continue on your present course of consistently finding the worst possible scenario in every situation, offering nothing but cynical perspectives, and dogging every thread with pessimistic whining, you will be immortalized for all time.

Incidentally, there is another poster from another site who is also on the verge of being only the second individual I’ve ever put on Ignore. If you have aspirations of becoming #2 I suggest you try to be even less contributory in the near future.

Good luck.

Halbert
04-27-2004, 11:38 PM
And please ... no wagering.

Kolbiss
04-27-2004, 11:58 PM

Coincidentally, and you may find this interesting, you are approaching the threshold of becoming only the second ever poster I've put on "ignore" on any message board anywhere (500 ZB's if anyone can name the first).

You still have time to save yourself but I feel obliged to inform you that if you continue on your present course of consistently finding the worst possible scenario in every situation, offering nothing but cynical perspectives, and dogging every thread with pessimistic whining, you will be immortalized for all time.

Incidentally, there is another poster from another site who is also on the verge of being only the second individual I’ve ever put on Ignore. If you have aspirations of becoming #2 I suggest you try to be even less contributory in the near future.

Good luck.

I couldn't have said it better!!!

Mr. Cynical
04-27-2004, 11:59 PM

Good luck.

Let me get this straight...

You question my credibility...

You call my post "crazy", "stupid" and "Looney Tunes"...

You call me "McFly", a definite shot at my intelligence...

I reply without any insults....

....and yet YOU are going to put ME on ignore? Now THAT'S funny. :up:

Halbert
04-28-2004, 12:13 AM
tick ...

Mr. Cynical
04-28-2004, 12:19 AM
... tock.

Did I win yet?

Iehoshua
04-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Geez, reduced to threatening to ignore people? Sheesh, how juvenile, doesn't like your opinion so you're ignored. Grow up and realize not everyone is going to agree. If I ignored every poster who took a different stance than myself, what is the point of board discussion? Don't step too far out of your protective bubble to answer this.

Are you shaking in your booties at the prospect of being ignored, Mr. Cynical? :lol: Such a terrible position to be in, off Halbert's god-like radar. :rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
04-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Geez, reduced to threatening to ignore people? Sheesh, how juvenile, doesn't like your opinion so you're ignored. Grow up and realize not everyone is going to agree. If I ignored every poster who took a different stance than myself, what is the point of board discussion? Don't step too far out of your protective bubble to answer this.

Are you shaking in your booties at the prospect of being ignored, Mr. Cynical? :lol: Such a terrible position to be in, off Halbert's god-like radar. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Well said.

Tatonka
04-28-2004, 05:08 PM
i have nothing to add after reading all this.

Iehoshua
04-28-2004, 05:36 PM

Maybe you didn't read his name. I think "Mr.Cynical" explains all this. :hamrhed:

What if we don't have someone contributing these perspectives? You think the team is happy-bright-flowery all the time? Should we act as such? Perhaps you just recently started following the Bills but the last few years have not been so "best case scenario."

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.