Looks like the WNSA has bitten the dust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Looks like the WNSA has bitten the dust...

The radio & webcam streams are down, as well as the web site.

Truly a sad day for those of us in other parts of the country... Would've been nice if they at least let them announce it beforehand.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I am listening to WNSA right now...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

online?

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

Web site is down and Brinson made a remark to TD this morning while interviewing him that WNSA was going down and he really enjoyed all the talks they have had over the years. This really sucks, WNSA is the only Buffalo station that I can get in Rochester to catch up on Bills news.
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
            online?
            radio

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Thanks bulldog - I guess that confirms it...

I know many of you probably don't care one way or the other about this news. For those of you who do, if you have an extra 5 minutes today, send WGR an email at the link below, and urge them to reinstate their live internet broadcast.

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
                Shinier than your mom
                • Jul 2002

Havin trouble choosing a title, JJ?

Comment

• doug45
                  • Jul 2002

This will hurt the Sabers big time. First empire is taken off the cable and now we will not even be able to listen to the games. GR 55 is not a good option as the signal is very weak and unless you live in Buffalo you can not get it.

Comment

• Demon
                    • Mar 2003

I know many of you probably don't care one way or the other about this news. For those of you who do, if you have an extra 5 minutes today, send WGR an email at the link below, and urge them to reinstate their live internet broadcast.

http://www.wgr55.com/features/feedback.php
                    That won't help. I e-mailed them a few months ago and they said it's not up to WGR if they are online or not, but the company that owns them does not go online.
                    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

Here is a copy of the e-mail I sent to Mike Schopp:

Mr. Schopp,

Living in Rochester, I am familiar with you as I used to listen to your show on 1280 WHTK. Being a fan of both the Bills and Sabres, I used to rely heavily on WNSA for coverage of both teams. With the present situation of Adelphia and subsequently WNSA, the fan base here in Rochester has been left in the dark as the plug has been pulled on the WNSA web page and web cast. Due to the weak signal of WGR, your current station is not a viable alternative for Bills/Sabres fans outside of the Buffalo area. I am sure that I am not only speaking for myself, but also the rest of the wonderful fans who have relocated, yet still feel a strong bond to the Buffalo area teams. Does WGR have any plans in the works so that we outside of the Buffalo area can continue to follow and support both the Bills and Sabres? Any feedback you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

James Landrigan
                      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

DAMN..DAMN..DAMN!!! What Station Webcasts with sportstalk or Bills news are left?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by doug45
                          This will hurt the Sabers big time. First empire is taken off the cable and now we will not even be able to listen to the games. GR 55 is not a good option as the signal is very weak and unless you live in Buffalo you can not get it.
                          rumor is they will be on 55

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
                            Havin trouble choosing a title, JJ?

Originally posted by Demon
                            That won't help. I e-mailed them a few months ago and they said it's not up to WGR if they are online or not, but the company that owns them does not go online.
                            Thanks, I figured that was the case.. And I'd gotten all excited over the Citadel bid too..

Originally posted by Bulldog
                            Here is a copy of the e-mail I sent to Mike Schopp:
                            Thanks for trying BD

Originally posted by juice
                            DAMN..DAMN..DAMN!!! What Station Webcasts with sportstalk or Bills news are left?
                            None... but I guess we were fortunate to have it last as long as it did. When the whole thing came down a couple years back with internet radio and ad revenues (when WGR shut down its stream), they took probably 95% of internet radio with them, so at least we got a couple of extra seasons out of it.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I don't think it will get you anywhere. Entecom- which owns hundreds of them- made a corporate decision to remove internet webcasts 2 years ago. WEEI in Boston (sports) is another one of their stations- and with the4 pats , Bruins, & Red Sox doing well, they broke a national record for local radio ratings - in certain demographics- and they are still off the Net.

Comment

Working...
                              X