PDA

View Full Version : Restructuring Drew's contract ensures he will be here through 2006

Ebenezer
04-27-2004, 01:08 PM
IMO, this takes the possibility of getting Drew out of here off the board...

1. Losman is a rookie...some say with many faults...he is not ready to be thrown to the wolves...

2. Except Brady what rookie has come in and led a team to a SB appearance/win?

3. Getting rid of DB now or at the end of the year leads to:

A. Starting Losman (see 1 & 2)
B. Getting another veteran to come in for 2 or 3 years to "hold the place" for Losman

Thus, by restructuring the deal it is ensured that DB is the QB in 2004 and 2005...with good odds that he will be the backup or starter in 2006. Then Losman can step up and contribute without the Bills being in rebuild mold.

Bled2Hen
04-27-2004, 01:12 PM
YES!

doug45
04-27-2004, 01:14 PM
The BIlls chances of a turn around just keep getting less.

Shiny Chicken
04-27-2004, 01:14 PM
I like it!

Shiny Chicken
04-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by doug45

Haha... now I definitely like it if doug45 doesn't :D

carybillsfan
04-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Brady was not a rookie when the pats won the superbowl, I believe Marino is the only rookie to lead his team to the superbowl!

doug45
04-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken

Personal attacks as always I see. Things have really gone down hill since the TOS were tossed a while ago. It's too bad what started out to be a great site has become the site we left.

Agree or be attacked.

Shiny Chicken
04-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Personal attacks as always I see. Things have really gone down hill since the TOS were tossed a while ago. It's too bad what started out to be a great site has become the site we left.

Agree or be attacked.

LOL... I'm not attcking you... it was good-natured ribbing... I was merely pointing out the fact that I almost ALWAYS disagree with you... take that as an attack if you will... but I would say that's being a little over-sensitive.

Shiny Chicken
04-27-2004, 01:43 PM
d45... I'd like you to find one other poster on this board that has ever known me to be anything but civil or ever seen me actually all out attack someone.... I"m sorry if you can't take a benevolent joke.

Novacane
04-27-2004, 02:15 PM
so if Drew has repeat of last season you think they will still keep him?

justasportsfan
04-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
so if Drew has repeat of last season you think they will still keep him? I don't think MM will have a problem moving him to back-up.

Canadian'eh!
04-27-2004, 02:26 PM
whoa whoa whoa.....

EVERYONE should be happy about this. Even if you dislike drew. this saves us money and he did they right thing.

If he plays bad he will be gone. If you ar unhappy he was given 1 more chance well go sit in the corner and cry. otherwise, this si nothign but good news.

Like is say. nothing gurantees him the starting job and rister spot except playing well.

Demon
04-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Personally, i want to see what Bledsoe can do with Mularkey, esspicially if Lee Evens and Willis McGahee are healthy. This could be an amazing offense.

Mularkey got Tommy Maddox to play 1 amazing season, i'm sure he can get Bledsoe to work some magic also.

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Actually, that was Brady's second year in the league. He spent 2000 learning from Drew.
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
whoa whoa whoa.....

EVERYONE should be happy about this. Even if you dislike drew. this saves us money and he did they right thing.

If he plays bad he will be gone. If you ar unhappy he was given 1 more chance well go sit in the corner and cry. otherwise, this si nothign but good news.

Like is say. nothing gurantees him the starting job and rister spot except playing well.
Some people either have some kind of personal grudge against the guy or else think Kordell Stewart was a better QB...:lol:
Originally posted by Demon
Personally, i want to see what Bledsoe can do with Mularkey, esspicially if Lee Evens and Willis McGahee are healthy. This could be an amazing offense.

Mularkey got Tommy Maddox to play 1 amazing season, i'm sure he can get Bledsoe to work some magic also.

Stewart as well...that's 2 mediocre QBs who have played great under Mularkey.

Novacane
04-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Stewart as well...that's 2 mediocre QBs who have played great under Mularkey.

Name one?

Novacane
04-27-2004, 02:35 PM

Some people either have some kind of personal grudge against the guy or else think Kordell Stewart was a better QB...:lol:

I meant name one of these. A poster that thinks Stewart is better than Drew

Ebenezer
04-27-2004, 02:42 PM
so if Drew has repeat of last season you think they will still keep him?

no comment until I see how the restructure looks.

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 02:44 PM
I meant name one of these. A poster that thinks Stewart is better than Drew

show me one poster who thinks Drew can't improve under Mularkey and you've got your man. Kordell and Maddox both did it. And you can't use the age thing because Maddox has been around since 92

doug45
04-27-2004, 03:04 PM

LOL... I'm not attcking you... it was good-natured ribbing... I was merely pointing out the fact that I almost ALWAYS disagree with you... take that as an attack if you will... but I would say that's being a little over-sensitive.

Not a good feeling is it?

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 03:11 PM
IMO, this takes the possibility of getting Drew out of here off the board...

Tom Brady was not a Rookie- he was in his second season. Kind of like Kurt Warner- he also came in out of nowhere but had a couple of camps under his belt.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2004, 03:15 PM
From what I have heard, this is not a restructure, it is a completely different contract. Probably a SB too but the cap hit should be lower too. We shall see.

Ebenezer
04-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Tom Brady was not a Rookie- he was in his second season. Kind of like Kurt Warner- he also came in out of nowhere but had a couple of camps under his belt.

Fine...I'll reword...Other than Brady and Warner (who spent years honing his trade in various leagues) what 2nd year player ever led their team to a SB?

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 03:57 PM

Doug- no one is attacking you- get over it.

What is your plan? Other than "thisd guy sucks- cut him" what do you have in mind that is REALISIC and attainable within cap confines?

I dub thee......Ralph Wilson for a day. Your team- tell us what you want done.

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Fine...I'll reword...Other than Brady and Warner (who spent years honing his trade in various leagues) what 2nd year player ever led their team to a SB?

Roger Staubach lost the SB in his second season-1970

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 04:01 PM
My bad- he did not start that year.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Someone already said Marino

doug45
04-27-2004, 10:03 PM

Doug- no one is attacking you- get over it.

You are kidding right? Anyone that will not agree with a few certain people is attacked. If you don't say everything the team does is great people attempt to push you out. And the people that are supose to watch the site and TOS who help. I am not the first to point this out.

If you want your site to grow you need to get some control over it and welcome all oppinions. You also need at least one or two people to administer the site that do not take one side or another. There are a lot of young people here that need some adult supervision.

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Doug- what is the point of a message board?

To debate.

Maybe my definition of a personal attack is different than yours. Our definition of a personal attack is that they make derogatory remarks about you personally.

If someone has differing opinions than you and they debate/challenge those opinions- that is what this whole board is. That is what all the other message boards are.

It swings both ways- do you want everyone to complain about the QB?

Please point out where someone is insulting or making a derogatory remark about you. It will be handled swiftly. But if you say someone on the team sucks, and someone begs to differ- then that's not an attack.

Tatonka
04-27-2004, 10:16 PM
d45... I'd like you to find one other poster on this board that has ever known me to be anything but civil or ever seen me actually all out attack someone.... I"m sorry if you can't take a benevolent joke.

Shiny Chicken has attacked me on several occassions!!!!

non-TOS-following POS!

:snicker:

juice
04-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Mental Elevation...

HenryRules
04-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Just in this thread you can see some of the stuff that d45 is talking about.

He complained about the treatment from someone else. That person tries to apologize, but with one of the worst apologies ever and basically says that he's a whiny little runt. Those may not be the exact words, but they are the gist of Shiny Chickens comments.

Then right after d45 reiterates his comments, someone else again makes light of those concerns.

Openly joking about/demeaning someone's complaints when they feel they've been attacked by other posters should be against the TOS if it's not already.

thefixer74
04-27-2004, 10:40 PM
I think Drew redoing his contract is what is best for the team.I was a good thing.

Shiny Chicken
04-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Wow... really... my initial comment was not meant to offend... and if it was taken as such, then I really do apologize. Frankly, though, U really don't think I need to. I'm sorry he took me comment as an insult, but it wasn't. I merely said, and I quote

I honestly don't see how that's insulting. D45 knows I always disagree with him... because every single thread he and I have been involved in, we have taken greatly opposing sides. I honestly have never seen any post of his I agreed with. That's just a statement of fact, not an insult. He has every right to his beliefs and I have every right to mine. I respect his right to that.

At the same time, I did not expect him to take that comment so negatively. It was not an attacking post, it was a joke. We're all Bills fans here. Wer're all a community. I knoqw D45 usually disagrees with me, but I didn't know he took that so personally that a joke like that would be taken as an insult.

D45, I'm sorry if that was taken the wrong way. No, I will not apologize for saying it, because I was not insulting you... perhaps in the past you have seen my posts of disagreement as dislike or negative feelings towards you. They are not. They are simple disagreement. I respect you as a fellow Bills fan and I have nothing against you.

Are we all clear on this now. This was blown WAY WAY out of proportion.

STAMPY
04-27-2004, 10:44 PM

Agree or be attacked.

Oh JEEZ... Do you call that an attack!!! If that's an attempt at an attack it's almost as bad as the lame INSULTS in the game you guys are playing in Apprentice. LOL. But seriously, I think Doug, my friend, you have a complex. An old school-new school complex, where you demand respect and agreement from everyone cause YOUR OLDER AND WISER, or at least u think you are :snicker:
And if someone doesn't agree with you or replies with sarcasm you take it as an ATTACK. Thats just crazy my good man. I could give a damn how old you are And i think everybody else in here could give a damn. I just hate the Houlier than Thou Approach at things. I mean no direspect just telling you how i see it my brotha. This is a message board and therefore people comment, disagree, quarrel, it's all good. Just like what i am doing right here. This ain't an insult, You'd kno when im insulting you. Your claims are an INSULT by the way.
ShiningChicken is a nice guy. I talk to him all the time on AIM. He's not mean or bitter nor angry. He's a nice guy even tho he's one of those DRAMA PEOPLE. LOL :rolleyes:
So dude, can't we all just get along

Dozerdog
04-27-2004, 10:44 PM

Agree or be attacked.

Like I said- If this is his definition of a personal attack- then I don't know what to say- other than 99% of the debate on this board would have to be censored.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2004, 10:54 PM

Like I said- If this is his definition of a personal attack- then I don't know what to say- other than 99% of the debate on this board would have to be censored.

Personally, I think all attacks on the greatest QB to every lace on the cleats Drew Bledsoe should be censored. :D

Halbert
04-27-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm insulted by all of youse.

Shiny Chicken
04-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
I'm insulted by all of youse.

You suck Halbert!!! :D

j/k

Shiny Chicken
04-27-2004, 11:09 PM
You suck Halbert!!! :D

Damn, now I've gotta give myself a warning...

Halbert
04-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Ow. My feelings were hurt. Now I have a poor self-image and co-dependancy issues. I demand an instant banning. And workman's compensation. And disability.

The_Philster
04-28-2004, 04:54 AM

80-90% of the posts on the entire board would have to be censored. I'm one of those who gets jabs thrown at him the most, both me and my posts, but you gotta have fun with it. With the exception of one person I put on ignore because he took his attacks private, I don't take them seriously at all.

Halbert
04-28-2004, 04:57 AM
Phil you ignorant slut.

The_Philster
04-28-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
Phil you ignorant slut.

:sadwalk: I won't deny I'm a slut...but ignorant? that hurts, man :(

doug45
04-28-2004, 07:08 AM
I would like to thank those of you that have PM'ed me on this issue. I have met many of you and enjoyed that very much, and I hope to meet many more of you at future events. As you I know it is only a few who stir the pot and we have no control over that, so we have to enjoy the good people and ignore the rest.

justasportsfan
04-28-2004, 07:15 AM
No more disagreeing with another poster. Everybody hold hands and.... "Kumbayah, my lord, kumbayah..."

doug45
04-28-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
No more disagreeing with another poster. Everybody hold hands and.... "Kumbayah, my lord, kumbayah..."

You can disagree without being insulting. It's the old golden rule that people used to live by.

clumping platelets
04-28-2004, 07:30 AM
:huddle:

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2004, 07:31 AM
I think that I'm as careful as anybody in not trying to insult people and I can't see how the original poster was insulting.

Captain gameboy
04-28-2004, 07:53 AM
Back to the issue....

Whatever the specifics of the past weak are, we are a better football team, with a lot more flexibility, in my view, than we were a week ago.

But.......I note, (quietly and with a raised left eyebrow), that the talk of using our new assets to run four man patterns with multiple motion has already started.
Didn't we spend a couple years doing this only to prove we couldn't handle a basic four man rush, let alone blitzes doing this?

Let's stick to the task of building a powerful rushing offense first, or we're going to see Drew pasted to our turf, and third and 22's, with JP warming up on the sidelines, long before we see 20-10 wins and great time of posession stats.

I wish there was some way to turn this cap windfall into a legitimate O'line and D'line starter.

No matter; stay the course on the de'Gilbriding of this offense.

mybills
04-28-2004, 08:05 AM
What happens if Losman does 10 times better than Drew in practice? I know that's an exaggeration, but we haven't really seen him yet, so what if he does do better? Does Drew still start?

Dozerdog
04-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by gameboy
Back to the issue....

Whatever the specifics of the past weak are, we are a better football team, with a lot more flexibility, in my view, than we were a week ago.

But.......I note, (quietly and with a raised left eyebrow), that the talk of using our new assets to run four man patterns with multiple motion has already started.
Didn't we spend a couple years doing this only to prove we couldn't handle a basic four man rush, let alone blitzes doing this?

Let's stick to the task of building a powerful rushing offense first, or we're going to see Drew pasted to our turf, and third and 22's, with JP warming up on the sidelines, long before we see 20-10 wins and great time of posession stats.

I wish there was some way to turn this cap windfall into a legitimate O'line and D'line starter.

No matter; stay the course on the de'Gilbriding of this offense.

I don't think adding a blazing WR means we will be looking at 4 wides, let alone 3 wides on plays. It will still be 4 yards and a cloud of synthetic astroplay dust each play- but having that deep threat as the #2 will open alot of options- play action that is beleivable- they can't stack 8 in th ebox, ect....

Evans was as much a move to the future as Losman was.

Dozerdog
04-28-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by mybills
What happens if Losman does 10 times better than Drew in practice? I know that's an exaggeration, but we haven't really seen him yet, so what if he does do better? Does Drew still start?

The best players will start - period. Regardless of position. Has there ever been an indication where a superior player was not in the lineup (With the exception of Pucillo's back up) for merely political reasons?

Ebenezer
04-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by mybills

Been a lot of great practice players over the years...you don't go to Hawaii or Canton or get large contracts for practice sessions.

mybills
04-28-2004, 08:11 AM

The best players will start - period.

:phew: :snicker:

Tatonka
04-28-2004, 11:05 AM
80-90% of the posts on the entire board would have to be censored. I'm one of those who gets jabs thrown at him the most, both me and my posts, but you gotta have fun with it. With the exception of one person I put on ignore because he took his attacks private, I don't take them seriously at all.

thats cuz your an idiot. :snicker:

:jk:

The best players will start - period. Regardless of position. Has there ever been an indication where a superior player was not in the lineup (With the exception of Pucillo's back up) for merely political reasons?

well.. we did sign milloy and bench wire who was playing great as a rookie... but hopefully that will be rectified by getting him and milloy on the field together this year.

The_Philster
04-28-2004, 11:26 AM
:scratch:

Tatonka
Today 12:05 PM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

:D Hey Tatonka...you gonna be at the Baltimore game this year...or are you gonna bail out of it like you did last time, you little pansy? :cynic: ;)

Bufftp
04-28-2004, 12:01 PM

:sadwalk: I won't deny I'm a slut...but ignorant? that hurts, man :(
i've seen your political posts your ignorant, and your not a slut Phil, that would reqire getting some often let alone once. ;)

The_Philster
04-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
i've seen your political posts your ignorant, and your not a slut Phil, that would reqire getting some often let alone once. ;)

That just shows how little you actually know about me :gag:
As far as political posts...I don't always buy whatever the politicians feed me and instead think for myself...makes me anything but ignorant. :shakeno:

helmetguy
04-28-2004, 03:42 PM

Who asked you, anyway, Scooter?

The Natrix
04-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Holy Cow. I think we need a whinning and crying forum. Sticks and Stones are what hurt you. Didn't you pay attention in kindergarden?

Halbert
04-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Phil you knowledgable and well reasoned slut.